Author Topic: The Nets and Tobias Harris have mutual interest in each other, per The Athletic  (Read 1936 times)

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
The Nets and Tobias Harris have mutual interest in each other, per The Athletic

Lol 76ers
https://mobile.twitter.com/thenbacentral/status/1138570337019408384?s=21

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
LOL if Kyrie goes to Brooklyn to pair up with a Harris instead of staying in Boston that’ll be hilarious and prove to everyone that winning was never his priority.

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
LOL if Kyrie goes to Brooklyn to pair up with a Harris instead of staying in Boston that’ll be hilarious and prove to everyone that winning was never his priority.
you didn't question his desire to win when his cavaliers "trade team priority  list" to david griffin included the last place knicks? Lol

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
If they lose Shamet and the Miami pick and another first round pick for 35 games of Harris that reminds me of tony dell and Rodney Rogers way back when

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
If they lose Shamet and the Miami pick and another first round pick for 35 games of Harris that reminds me of tony dell and Rodney Rogers way back when
I wonder if they're happy that they traded Shamet, Mikal Bridges and the Miami pick they got in that deal for Zhaire Smith and a half-season of Harris.

Lol.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

I mean if we're being honest, green glasses off, I'd be pretty happy if Gordon Hayward can be as good as Tobias Harris next season.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

I mean if we're being honest, green glasses off, I'd be pretty happy if Gordon Hayward can be as good as Tobias Harris next season.
Let's hope we get some LAC Tobias Harris production out of Tatum too (if we keep him)
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
Harris actually strikes me as the type of player Kyrie wouldn’t mind teaming up with...someone who is pretty decent but a clear No.2 to him.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

And if Butler leaves, too, then you can add Saric and Covington to the list of wasted assets. I certainly don't want to lose Kyrie, but people aren't talking enough about all the assets Philly gave up just to lose in the 2nd round of the playoffs (same as us). That Harris deal is especially a killer. Don't forget Chandler and Muscala went out in that deal, too. I just assumed they would be able to hang on to Harris...and I still think they probably will.

What I think first when I see this report - and I know I am getting my hopes up - is that Kyrie is re-considering leaving Boston post-KD injury and BKN is scrambling to find another high level FA. Of course they would keep Russell in this case.

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 638
  • MASTER OF PANIC
1. I think Philly could end up in a worse spot than anyone losing Butler, Harris plus everything they traded away.

2. If the Nets use 2 max spots on kyrie and Harris and have to renounce Russell...I am not sure they are much better than this year's version.

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Harris is not a max player.

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 638
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Harris is not a max player.

I do not think so either...but it would not surprise me if someone pays him that.

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
1. I think Philly could end up in a worse spot than anyone losing Butler, Harris plus everything they traded away.

2. If the Nets use 2 max spots on kyrie and Harris and have to renounce Russell...I am not sure they are much better than this year's version.

Sixers came within a buzzer beater of eliminating the likely NBA champs though. It didn't work out for them, they got a lot closer than I ever expected.