Author Topic: Kemba: will accept less money if it helps Hornets build a winning team  (Read 1882 times)

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
The "Tom Brady pay cut" to win

Makes me like Kemba more

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26965007/kemba-take-less-stay-hornets

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Jordan still running the team? If so, they never will compete
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
MJ: You know as well as I do that we are not going to be any better; however, we can give you $221M while other teams can only give you $140M. So, what do you say?

Kemba: Sigh, where do I sign?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 04:38:34 PM by jambr380 »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
No matter what bird rights contract he signs they're still capped out, if he signs at even a big discount the Hornets will be a tax team if they try and do anything to add to their talent.

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
MJ: You know as well as I do that we are not going to be any better; however, we can give you $221M while other teams can only give you $140M. So, what do you say?

Kemba: Where do I sign?

There's a major question as to whether the Hornets will max him out.

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
No matter what bird rights contract he signs they're still capped out, if he signs at even a big discount the Hornets will be a tax team if they try and do anything to add to their talent.
so this  is probably a charade to save from the "embarrassment" that he wont recieve kyrie/harden level money

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307
For this year, at least. They've got some really bad contracts on the books. lol Batum making $25M.

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Makes me like Kemba more

Lol, what's "less"? The Hornets are still capped out and unless he takes well under market value, nothing changes for them. It likely means he won't take the full supermax (5 yrs, $221M) and instead will take the regular max (5 yrs, $190).

EDIT: because grammar.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 04:39:13 PM by RJ87 »
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

Makes me like Kemba more

Lol, what's "less"? The Hornets are still capped out and unless he takes well under market value, nothing changes for them. I likely means he won't take the full supermax (5 yrs, $221M) and instead will takes the regular max (5 yrs, $190).

If that's the case, then he should seriously look at his other options. He would only get 4 yrs instead of 5, but he would at least be able to play for a team that may actually compete. The Hornets are like the most forgotten team in basketball right now. If he isn't getting the supermax, what is really keeping him there?

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
im a kemba fan ...

IT4 with TWO good legs  :)

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 873
  • GOT IT!!!
I know he loves Charlotte but this his time to choose his next destination while he can. Loyalty only means so much and the Hornets are in a really bad spot going forward.

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Makes me like Kemba more

Lol, what's "less"? The Hornets are still capped out and unless he takes well under market value, nothing changes for them. I likely means he won't take the full supermax (5 yrs, $221M) and instead will takes the regular max (5 yrs, $190).

If that's the case, then he should seriously look at his other options. He would only get 4 yrs instead of 5, but he would at least be able to play for a team that may actually compete. The Hornets are like the most forgotten team in basketball right now. If he isn't getting the supermax, what is really keeping him there?
Is it sad that the Hornets are probably the 4th or 5th most popular basketball team in their own state?

Little advice to Kemba. If MJ offers you that supermax...TAKE IT! Taking less that opens no money to help get free agents, is a bad decision. Taking less to help one of the more incompetent front offices in the league is a bad decision. Any money Charlotte saves, will be poorly managed by Jordan and the Hornets won't get better. Take that supermax. In ten years when you are no longer playing, you will be much happier when looking back that you either didn't give MJ a financial break or decided you needed to move on from Charlotte.

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Jordan still running the team? If so, they never will compete

lol TP

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

Makes me like Kemba more

Is it sad that the Hornets are probably the 4th or 5th most popular basketball team in their own state?

Little advice to Kemba. If MJ offers you that supermax...TAKE IT! Taking less that opens no money to help get free agents, is a bad decision. Taking less to help one of the more incompetent front offices in the league is a bad decision. Any money Charlotte saves, will be poorly managed by Jordan and the Hornets won't get better. Take that supermax. In ten years when you are no longer playing, you will be much happier when looking back that you either didn't give MJ a financial break or decided you needed to move on from Charlotte.

Agreed

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Poor Kemba. Plays for a terrible team under clueless Jordan, and all he does makes me think he’s a solid dude. Hope you get that supermax
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)