Author Topic: Anonymous NBA coach jealous of the way the media treats Brad  (Read 6199 times)

Re: Anonymous NBA coach jealous of the way the media treats Brad
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2018, 01:36:57 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I wonder if Pitino or Calipari could generously be called "an NBA coach"

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2018, 01:42:17 PM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Come on... he had no playoff material for years and this year his top players got injured.. and he delivered.. would like to know the name... anyway.. he finds the strength of everyone... look where Thomas Crowder Crawford are now...

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2018, 01:51:31 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
I am sure it happened, and I'm sure it's not just this guy (the anon) feeling this way, and it is petty and whiny.

The Whiny Coach kind of has his cake and eats it too. The Celtics Org does provide Brad Stevens with some good top tier talent by way of top 5 picks, trades, and free agents.

But Brad Stevens because of injuries etc is also forced to start Rozier, to give Ojeleye serious minutes, to play Shane Larkin, Nader, Kadeem Allen. None of those guys were supposed to be above replacement level players. Jaylen Brown was supposed to be a year or two away. Jayson Tatum is a rookie, has no business playing like he is.

Now I'm sure some of that is due to Danny finding the right guys. But a large part of it is Brad Stevens getting his guys to give more than anyone expected them to.

Also, I bet the whiny coach was Jason Kidd. Arnovitz did say that this was said to him before Irving went down. Jason Kidd seems like a whiny little man child.

Let's also consider that certain former Cs haven't done as well since leaving Boston, especially Evan Turner and Jae Crowder.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2018, 01:56:03 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Brad would be the first person to admit that he gets too much praise.

Plot twist this is Stevens calling it in himself to downgrade and downplay his coaching ability, just so he can come off as more humble lol.

I am sure it happened, and I'm sure it's not just this guy (the anon) feeling this way, and it is petty and whiny.

The Whiny Coach kind of has his cake and eats it too. The Celtics Org does provide Brad Stevens with some good top tier talent by way of top 5 picks, trades, and free agents.

But Brad Stevens because of injuries etc is also forced to start Rozier, to give Ojeleye serious minutes, to play Shane Larkin, Nader, Kadeem Allen. None of those guys were supposed to be above replacement level players. Jaylen Brown was supposed to be a year or two away. Jayson Tatum is a rookie, has no business playing like he is.

Now I'm sure some of that is due to Danny finding the right guys. But a large part of it is Brad Stevens getting his guys to give more than anyone expected them to.

Also, I bet the whiny coach was Jason Kidd. Arnovitz did say that this was said to him before Irving went down. Jason Kidd seems like a whiny little man child.

Let's also consider that certain former Cs haven't done as well since leaving Boston, especially Evan Turner and Jae Crowder.

Different situations and scenarios. I think Crowder is loving it up in the Jazz though. He's the perfect complimentary role player for them.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2018, 02:08:27 PM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1666
If you're going to talk, at least have the balls to put your name on it.  I don't have a lot of use for this anonymous noise. 

This is relayed by Kevin Arnovitz, by the way.  He's a writer who lives in LA and probably spends more time on the Clippers than any other NBA team.  Just saying.  That's not positive ID, but it is an interesting coincidence.

« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2018, 02:25:57 PM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
Cut the grass, and reveal the snakes 😉
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2018, 02:26:30 PM »

Offline Alleyoopster

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 150
Could all be fake news or one of the assistants.

« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2018, 02:40:25 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
On the flip side, by slighting Stevens this anonymous coach is basically giving huge praise to Ainge.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2018, 02:47:48 PM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Maybe it is a coach of team worried about competing with those end of the bench Vets that like to go to winning teams with popular coaches. 

« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2018, 02:49:33 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Biggest thing about coaching is adapting to changing team and its needs. Brad has been so [dang] good this year with all the injuries that lead to changing lineups and rookies getting burn.

Really excited to see what he can do when all of the elite talent is on the floor next year.

« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2018, 02:59:22 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
Cut the grass, and reveal the snakes 😉

Burn the grass, no more snakes...

« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2018, 03:11:03 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
for some reason i want to say Doc, i still appreciate him but something about it sounds like Doc...the fact that he bolted during a rebuild and now our team is definitely out performing his team and growing better than the Clips, it just sounds like jealousy

« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2018, 03:23:39 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
Who the **** paraphrases someone using the words "hagiography" and "deification"?

« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2018, 03:28:24 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
Obviously whiny and petty, but I wouldn't be surprised if the vast majority of coaches actually felt that way.  Brad definitely has risen the respect ranks very quickly and without much real playoff success (even with the 2 wins this year, he is just 13-17 in the playoffs and has never finished a playoff run above .500).

I am not sure if you are being serious with this. In his second season he somehow coached a team that had no business being in the playoffs against the Cleveland Cavs. He started Brandon Bass, Bradley, Evan Turner, Smart and Tyler freaking Zeller. You are going to hold it against him for not winning a game that series? The next season the starting lineups were

Isiah Thomas (new to the roster)
Jae Crowder
Evan Turner
Amir Johnson
Jonas Jerekbro

Versus
Ken Bazemore
Kyle Korver
Jeff Teague
Paul Milsap
Al Horford

You hold it against him that he only made that series go 6 games?

You have a lot of takes. This is certainly one of them.

« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2018, 03:31:01 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Its not just the medua that loves Stevens.

"He is a special person -- and that's on and off the court," Popovich said. "He's very intelligent. And intelligence is fine, but if it doesn't come along with incisiveness, judgment and an emotional maturity, it doesn't do you much good. And he has all of those things. And that's large. Not that many people have that. It shows in the way he handles people and the way he coaches. He's going to be a great one before it's all over with. And he's already a hell of a coach."

http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2017/10/gregg_popovich_boston_celtics_1.html

Pops I guess didn't feel the need to be anonymous