Author Topic: I’m Moving On. AD Doesn’t Want BOS & Trading Tatum For A Rental Would Be Idiotic  (Read 28380 times)

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
If we lose out on Davis and Kyrie bolts, I will look forward to the development of this team, and hope Brad figures how to incorporate Williams into rotation.

Part of me secretly hopes that happens.

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
If we lose on Davis and lakers overpay for him I will breathe a sigh of relief. Don’t care about AD and his high price tag

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Can't wait to see this thread beat the number of pages in "Anthony Davis Trade Megathread" :P

100 more pages of posts to go folks!  :laugh:
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
If we lose on Davis and lakers overpay for him I will breathe a sigh of relief. Don’t care about AD and his high price tag
I tend to agree with u!! 6 month ago i wouldnt but now i think it be a mistake
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
If we lose out on Davis and Kyrie bolts, I will look forward to the development of this team, and hope Brad figures how to incorporate Williams into rotation.

My biggest fear of such a scenario is paying Rozier $15 million a year to be our starting point guard.

But I would have faith that we'd sign him only to use as a trade asset later.

I really don't want to see Rozier as the long term starter.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144

My biggest fear of such a scenario is paying Rozier $15 million a year to be our starting point guard.

imo, if Kyrie leaves there is a good replacement out there for alot less money.

Kemba

Russell
Brogdon

Then you can always think outside the box and have Smart start at PG and have Hayward initiate the offense from the sg or sf spot(if Tatum can be a PF)

Ideally, imo, add true center and roll with

Smart
Brown
Hayward
Tatum
Center

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Kemba

Russell
Brogdon

Then you can always think outside the box and have Smart start at PG and have Hayward initiate the offense from the sg or sf spot(if Tatum can be a PF)

Smart
Brown
Hayward
Tatum
Center
How would we get any of those 3 guards? I can't see Brooklyn moving Russell nor Milwaukee moving Brogdon, and Kemba will earn a max.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

Kemba

Russell
Brogdon

Smart
Brown
Hayward
Tatum
Center

We don't have the cap space to sign Kemba even if Kyrie leaves. Don't think BKN is letting Russell go either and same with Brogdon in MIL. The reason why Rozier is thought of as the Plan B behind Kyrie is also because of the Bird Rights we have on him.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

There's no way Ainge just stands pat, even if he loses on Davis and Kyrie.

I personally have no interest in "development." We've already been down that road. Plus Rozier, Brown and Tatum (minus some imperfections) seem developed and ready to compete.

I'd like to hope there's another player Ainge will target in a trade.

Robert Williams will get his minutes here and there.

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics

I personally have no interest in "development." We've already been down that road. Plus Rozier, Brown and Tatum (minus some imperfections) seem developed and ready to compete.

Agree 100%! Everything else except competing for title means we are in ''Phily zone'' - the ''Land of eternal Process''.

Offline Triplenickle

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30

But we're not in development, we're at the stage learning how to win it all and young talent about to break out...the absolute worst time to get rid of them.

Detroit had to learn, Chicago had to learn as well as countless others and it usually took about 3 years of getting there to get over the hump. The Warriors are even a product of that.

I just don't think you can buy a ring with anybody that has talent. You gotta earn it and take your lumps.

That taste of bitterness being so close is what makes champions.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 10:44:30 AM by Triplenickle »

Offline Triplenickle

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30
I think those young dudes are owed the right to take their shot.

Why snatch it from them when they're clearly in that class?

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144

Kemba

Russell
Brogdon

Smart
Brown
Hayward
Tatum
Center
How would we get any of those 3 guards? I can't see Brooklyn moving Russell nor Milwaukee moving Brogdon, and Kemba will earn a max.

It boils town to what the player wants honestly, I cannot see Kemba staying in Charlotte past the season, Brooklyn wants superstars, not a 15+ mill per year Russell.

For example, Irving wants to be in NYK, then Kyrie for Russell as the basis of a switch

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126

Kemba

Russell
Brogdon

Smart
Brown
Hayward
Tatum
Center

It boils town to what the player wants honestly, I cannot see Kemba staying in Charlotte past the season, Brooklyn wants superstars, not a 15+ mill per year Russell.

For example, Irving wants to be in NYK, then Kyrie for Russell as the basis of a switch

Would it be possible to S&T Kyrie for a S&T of Russell? I'd be down for this. Would that give BKN a second max spot to chase KD? That's the only way I see Kyrie agreeing to this.

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
We don't want Russell. He isn't even as good as Terry Rozier, regardless of what popular opinion is on him right now. He is still largely inefficient and a poor defender. The Nets play Dinwiddie and Lavert over him when they are healthy. He has only put up numbers this season because they aren't.

And we definitely don't want to trade Irving for him.