Author Topic: Korver agrees to one-year contract with Bucks  (Read 4468 times)

Korver agrees to one-year contract with Bucks
« on: July 21, 2019, 07:50:02 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
More shooting.

Re: Korver agrees to one-year contract with Bucks
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2019, 09:39:44 PM »

Offline OldSchoolDude

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 79
Krover is not what he used to be.  I hope they play him, Bledso, and both Lopez brothers lots of minutes against us in the playoffs.  The greatness of Gainis won't matter then.

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2019, 11:08:13 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
meh

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2019, 11:23:21 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
Krover is not what he used to be.  I hope they play him, Bledso, and both Lopez brothers lots of minutes against us in the playoffs.  The greatness of Gainis won't matter then.

Mispellings approved. TP.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2019, 06:20:21 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Dude is finished. Shooting sure but he hurts you in every other area and that costs you more than his shooting adds. Korver is not an NBA caliber player anymore.

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2019, 07:26:18 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Tip my hat to him at 38..but not player he once was..Bucks looking for some scoring off the bench with Mirotic gone
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2019, 09:21:26 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Even if he’s 38 he’s still a great signing for them to space the floor. Bucks have the best team defense in the game so they can cover up his deficiancies and afford to throw him out there 12-15 minutes a game if needed.

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2019, 09:54:25 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Dude is finished. Shooting sure but he hurts you in every other area and that costs you more than his shooting adds. Korver is not an NBA caliber player anymore.
His on/off per 100 possessions last year was still a net gain and considering he is a bench player that is pretty darn good (i.e. when he isn't on the floor the starter often is).  Sure he is definitely older (and was never a good defender), but he still can contribute in a reduced role (though admittedly he wasn't very good in the playoffs and didn't play much in those playoffs for the Jazz).  At the end of the day, Korver was signed to play like 5-10 minutes a game and be a good lockerroom influence.  He apparently worked with James on his shooting (James did see an uptick in shooting the 2 years with Korver) and the Bucks think he can help Giannis in that regard as well. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2019, 12:30:19 PM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
Great signing, puts more space between them and the sixers

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2019, 02:45:24 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Even if he’s 38 he’s still a great signing for them to space the floor. Bucks have the best team defense in the game so they can cover up his deficiancies and afford to throw him out there 12-15 minutes a game if needed.
he was a late second round pick. given that, he has had very good career. and, he has made over $70 million dollars. good for him, but i hope he sucks and hurts the bucks.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2019, 04:36:45 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
His on/off per 100 possessions last year was still a net gain and considering he is a bench player that is pretty darn good (i.e. when he isn't on the floor the starter often is).  Sure he is definitely older (and was never a good defender), but he still can contribute in a reduced role (though admittedly he wasn't very good in the playoffs and didn't play much in those playoffs for the Jazz).  At the end of the day, Korver was signed to play like 5-10 minutes a game and be a good lockerroom influence.  He apparently worked with James on his shooting (James did see an uptick in shooting the 2 years with Korver) and the Bucks think he can help Giannis in that regard as well.

Even if he plays 10-12 minutes during the season and The Bucks can't play him in the playoffs it's still a win. It's good to have vets for the long regular season slog...

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2019, 05:55:26 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 306
Thought he would go to LA.

His 3 pt % was the lowest since early in his career, he was useless in the playoffs, and he'll be 39 come the playoffs next year. IMO, he adds next to no value for the Bucks, and quite possibly a net negative. The Bucks already have a number of veteran players, not sure how Korver adds anything at all to their team.

We're no doubt diminished (hopefully only temporarily) losing Al, but Milwaukee is also diminished from last year, losing Brogdon. The only way I see them improving as a team is if Freak gets even better, which isn't beyond the realm of possibility. It's a pretty pedestrian bunch once you get past Giannis.  If Gordon can get back to 2017 form, we'll give them all they can handle.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 06:01:25 PM by ETNCeltics »

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2019, 06:25:15 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

His 3 pt % was the lowest since early in his career, he was useless in the playoffs, and he'll be 39 come the playoffs next year. IMO, he adds next to no value for the Bucks, and quite possibly a net negative. The Bucks already have a number of veteran players, not sure how Korver adds anything at all to their team.

We're no doubt diminished (hopefully only temporarily) losing Al, but Milwaukee is also diminished from last year, losing Brogdon. The only way I see them improving as a team is if Freak gets even better, which isn't beyond the realm of possibility. It's a pretty pedestrian bunch once you get past Giannis.  If Gordon can get back to 2017 form, we'll give them all they can handle.
I'm not so sure the Bucks are actually a worse team.  They lost Brogdon, Snell, and Mirotic but replaced them with Ilyasova, Lopez, and Matthews.  They are also a pretty young team and presumably should see a lot of growth from a lot of their rotation.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2019, 06:31:52 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

I'm not so sure the Bucks are actually a worse team.  They lost Brogdon, Snell, and Mirotic but replaced them with Ilyasova, Lopez, and Matthews.  They are also a pretty young team and presumably should see a lot of growth from a lot of their rotation.
They're worse.  They already had Ilyasova last season.  R. Lopez and Mathews are clear downgrades from Mirotic and Brogdon.  And in the Snell salary dump trade they got Jon Leuer who they waived and stretched. 
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 06:38:05 PM by tazzmaniac »

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2019, 06:49:55 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

They're worse.  They already had Ilyasova last season.  R. Lopez and Mathews are clear downgrades from Mirotic and Brogdon.  And in the Snell salary dump trade they got Jon Leuer who they waived and stretched.

I agree they are worse. I am also confused how they are a pretty young team?

This is probably their top 8-9 rotation players

Giannis 24 (obviously could improve and is awesome)
Bledsoe 29 (not improving could even decline slightly)
B Lopez 31 (could decline a bit)
R Lopez 31 (probably already declining)
Middleton 27 (in prime)
Matthews 32 (declining)
Hill 33 (declining)
Brown 24
Connaughton - 26
Korver 38

I think that is actually one of the older teams in the league, kind of baffled of how they could improve outside of Giannis (who could certainly take a leap and offset all the other older players).