Poll

Would you rather have Kelly Olynyk or Giannis Antetokounmpo

Kelly
5 (71.4%)
Giannis
2 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Author Topic: Kelly vs Giannis  (Read 451 times)

Kelly vs Giannis
« on: January 10, 2019, 09:07:34 AM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
https://www.landofbasketball.com/player_comparison/giannis_antetokounmpo_vs_kelly_olynyk.htm

Check the link for the definitive comparison.

Kelly is the better 3 point shooter and Free throw shooter it's easy to see why Ainge felt he was the center for the New age of NBA basketball.  As a REAL fan I stand by my man Ainge's decision to draft Olynyk over Giannis.  I still say he was, and is, the better player.

Re: Kelly vs Giannis
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2019, 09:13:29 AM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
Danny Ainge is the only GM in the league who missed on Antetokounpo. The other 13 teams picking ahead of the 15 spot were actually barred by the league from choosing him; only Boston was given the opportunity to pick him, and they passed.

Danny Ainge has never, ever made a good draft pick or trade. It's amazing. To think - we could have had Markelle Fultz instead of Jayson Tatum and whoever we get with the Sacto pick! Boy did he screw that one up.

And why do we have that ballhog Kyrie Irving? He just makes the offense stop and never gives effort on defense. We could have kept Isaiah and the 8th pick. We'd be much better.

I could go on.

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 09:23:03 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
This subject that's been beaten to ad nauseam.

Here we go again....

I don't get why we keep talking about this. Sure, nothing wrong with discussion, but some people are going to seriously use this argument to compress their foolish idea that Ainge isn't a good GM. When he's predictably one of the best, if not the best right now. Myers/Budford lucked into some situations, and while Ainge also got lucky with the Brooklyn picks, and CHA rejecting his 4 draft pick offer for Winslow. I seriously think Ainge is ahead of his time, with his love for small ball, only appreciating certain attitudes/traits in players, avoiding headcases, and that's why he chose KO over Giannis. Plus Giannis was super unknown, and skinny. He had potential, but Ainge also scouted him plenty of times. If he felt from his initial assessment that he wasn't worth the pick, then he made the right decision and I respect that. Obviously, revisionist history denies that thinking, but if we keep bringing up every mistake, Ainge has made, you could do the same for every other GM. And half of them are nowhere near the position that we are.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 09:30:17 AM by Monkhouse »
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2019, 09:33:13 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Troll thread.

Locked.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes