Author Topic: Lucky 17 Yahoo Points League 2016-17 thread:Cuts due Wednesday Oct 19 at 8PM EST  (Read 36433 times)

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.
Some of you may prefer to forget, but yours truly was one of the original twenty managers to participate in the Celticsblog ur-draft that begat this points league in 2007. Well, nobody tell Champind, but I'm back. To be honest - though I very much appreciated the invite - I wasn't inclined to accept. I'm in two leagues already, points has always been my least favorite fantasy format, and it isn't that attractive an offer to take on a stacked roster built on hard feelings.

Ultimately, I agreed because I'd like to get the league that served as my introduction to fantasy basketball, and many of my favorite Celticsblog personalities, back on track. Also, I don't get enough Indeed Proceed face time these days. Fair warning, I'm no longer the fantasy ringer I once was - I'm a lot less available, for one. The good news is that my problem personalty has grown on people to the point that I'm now brought in as a veteran leader/stabilizing influence.

To kick things off, I'd like to put my own stamp on the team and deal every player currently on the roster by opening day.

Kevin Durant
Dante Exum
Gordon Hayward
Jrue Holiday
Damian Lillard
Brook Lopez
Kris Middleton
Nerlens Noel
Zaza Pachulia
Jabari Parker
Otto Porter
Julius Randle
Rajon Rondo
DeAngelo Russell
Karl Anthony Towns
Andrew Wiggins

I'm not smart enough to handle 5-6 player deals and I'm constitutionally opposed to 2 for 1s. Formal trade offers via Yahoo strongly preferred.

God bless.
THE Walker Wiggle

Give me Karl Anthony Towns and I'll send back Kemba Walker and a promise not to make my team name about your mother.*

*for the next three weeks
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Anyone want to talk trade before cutdown day
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Pretty sure Walker Wiggle can't trade any of the Leprechauns for two months, because every single one of those guys was a Top 50 player.  Lol

#GodSquad

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Yahoo saying Brice Johnson might only miss 4-6 weeks....sweeeettt

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Pretty sure Walker Wiggle can't trade any of the Leprechauns for two months, because every single one of those guys was a Top 50 player.  Lol

#GodSquad
Really, though you guys will want to double-check that.  Only 70 players in the entire league averaged over 30fp last season and I'm pretty sure 12 of mine cleared that mark.  If you're still adhering to that "no top 50 players traded in a rookie's first two months", that limits Wiggle to trading Porter, Pachulia, Russell and Exum:

Hope that helps.

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all

#GodSquad
Really, though you guys will want to double-check that.  Only 70 players in the entire league averaged over 30fp last season and I'm pretty sure 12 of mine cleared that mark.  If you're still adhering to that "no top 50 players traded in a rookie's first two months", that limits Wiggle to trading Porter, Pachulia, Russell and Exum:

Hope that helps.

You are not in this league any more.

Posting and then quoting yourself is the definition of trolling. If you need me to quote you the relevant parts of the rules about posting I will.

If you want to start a league go for it. You can talk all you want in that thread.

Please stop posting in this league's thread.
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 537

Mk

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
The Walker Wiggle isn't a rookie. He's grandfathered. The man was doing fantasy basketball when some of you were playing Dungeons and Dragons hoping a girl would show up just so the room wouldn't smell so bad.

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033

#GodSquad

Stop now. Don't troll the league you were kicked out of for bad behavior. Keep interfering with the league and it is just CBlog harassment. Do not reply a snarky "I was kicked out for being too good" troll. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200.

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
The Walker Wiggle isn't a rookie. He's grandfathered. The man was doing fantasy basketball when some of you were playing Dungeons and Dragons hoping a girl would show up just so the room wouldn't smell so bad.

You mean everyone else stopped playing Dungeons and Dragons    ?!?!?!?!?  :o

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

Don't get me wrong. I wish I had gotten into it. Kinda.

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff

Mk

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

Mk

Yeah that's about how I remember those D&D games too. Isn't that how everyone plays them?

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff

Mk

Yeah that's about how I remember those D&D games too. Isn't that how everyone plays them?

Eja the Dungeon Master...

Mk

DKC Knicks

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
Sauce Castillos (new name pending)

Final Roster

Dunn
Collison
Williams
Felder
Jackson