CelticsStrong > Comments & Remarks

Non basketball topics

(1/4) > >>

testy:
this site has become a political forum. Very disappointing, more basketball less politics. Ruining a formerly good forum for basketball ideas and opinions.

Roy H.:
I’ll go ahead and make the political topics invisible for you.  Anybody else can request the same.

Donoghus:

--- Quote from: testy on July 15, 2020, 09:17:44 AM ---this site has become a political forum. Very disappointing, more basketball less politics. Ruining a formerly good forum for basketball ideas and opinions.

--- End quote ---

I agree that its certainly gravitated that way lately.    We haven't had basketball since March, much less any sports to really talk about.   You can only talk about so much when games aren't being played, there is no free agency at hand, and a draft that has been pushed to October. 

Hopefully, as sports return, you'll see a shift again. 

chicagoceltic:

--- Quote from: testy on July 15, 2020, 09:17:44 AM ---this site has become a political forum. Very disappointing, more basketball less politics. Ruining a formerly good forum for basketball ideas and opinions.

--- End quote ---
I think it is hard to talk about something (basketball--or sports in total) that is not going on. There is a lot going on in the world of politics now so it is a hot topic. Heck, the political talk may be a good thing...it at least keeps members active. I should also mention that while I disagree vehemently with some people's political stance for the most part the political conversations stay fairly pleasant and there are bright minds sharing their thoughts on all sides. I fully expect a shift in topics when sports are back.

wdleehi:
We need actual basketball news to get actual basketball talk.   

Or we have to create our own basketball topics and hope it catches on.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version