Author Topic: JT is a good man  (Read 819 times)

JT is a good man
« on: February 13, 2024, 02:50:39 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2934
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10109224-celtics-jayson-tatum-sofi-partner-to-commit-over-1m-to-help-low-income-families

Boston Celtics star Jayson Tatum is going to help low-income families buy homes in his hometown of St. Louis, Missouri.
In collaboration with finance company SoFi, which made a $1 million donation to Tatum's charity foundation, the five-time All-Star will use the funds to assist homebuyers from low-income, single-parent families with a down payment on a house.

His CBS Morning interview is worth a watch.

While his shot selection can be frustrating at times and there are differences of opinion regarding his true ceiling, we are super lucky to have JT as our superstar and the face of our franchise. No controversies. No legal troubles. No questionable associations with other individuals. Just a high character young man who loves basketball, is a role model father, and helps out the community.

I am surprised at how much flack he gets at time, though. While I do feel he has a positive overall perception across the league and is quickly establishing himself as the future face of the league - particularly the American face - there’s a large contingent online that criticizes him every chance they get. Perhaps that’s just part of being as promoted as he is, but I just find it puzzling the flack he gets.

Re: JT is a good man
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2024, 02:57:31 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 871
I agree completely.  And he is a really really really good basketball player.

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2024, 02:59:45 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
Yeah, this whole team is stocked with quality people! They are all easy to root for.

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2024, 03:13:19 PM »

Offline otherdave

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 124
  • takes.....MAKES!!!!
And he is a really, really good person!

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2024, 03:13:30 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10109224-celtics-jayson-tatum-sofi-partner-to-commit-over-1m-to-help-low-income-families

Boston Celtics star Jayson Tatum is going to help low-income families buy homes in his hometown of St. Louis, Missouri.
In collaboration with finance company SoFi, which made a $1 million donation to Tatum's charity foundation, the five-time All-Star will use the funds to assist homebuyers from low-income, single-parent families with a down payment on a house.

His CBS Morning interview is worth a watch.

While his shot selection can be frustrating at times and there are differences of opinion regarding his true ceiling, we are super lucky to have JT as our superstar and the face of our franchise. No controversies. No legal troubles. No questionable associations with other individuals. Just a high character young man who loves basketball, is a role model father, and helps out the community.

I am surprised at how much flack he gets at time, though. While I do feel he has a positive overall perception across the league and is quickly establishing himself as the future face of the league - particularly the American face - there’s a large contingent online that criticizes him every chance they get. Perhaps that’s just part of being as promoted as he is, but I just find it puzzling the flack he gets.

I think that's (unfortunately) just part of being a public figure in the Internet Age: Virtually everyone can chime in with an opinion, so we're bound to hear just about all possible opinions.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2024, 03:28:56 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550
As I've said before the c's are lucky to have star players who seem like good, civicly minded people who are part of the community.

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2024, 03:39:41 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1482
great news, great use of his foundation.  home ownership is great way to help people struggling as a single parent home.  I grew up with only 1 parent in the house, so I am so glad JT is giving back and in a way that creates fundamental change for people in need.   Very proud of JT!!!

We have a team full of really great young men.   Like everyone said, makes them so easy to root for.

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2024, 04:17:00 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 321
TP for posting positive news on the internet.

Tatum is the man. I hope he gets us to the promised land this year, and if he doesn't, he will still be the man.

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2024, 05:07:13 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
TP for posting positive news on the internet.

Tatum is the man. I hope he gets us to the promised land this year, and if he doesn't, he will still be the man.

He's having his best season as far as I'm concerned. He's doing a lot of the dirty work and not worrying about his numbers. I think he's the MVP!