Author Topic: Thibs  (Read 3461 times)

Re: Thibs
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2020, 03:12:48 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Could be fine as an assisstant. However from what Ive read at Canis Hoopus, the times have certainly passed him by and his defensive schemes are now outdated.

Definitely shouldnt be a head coach here. Although the guys who scream at Stevens daily for sitting players will love him as Thibs loves to overplay his starters (he sometimes play them all game) and burn them out.
Are they? I've always thought of his defensive schemes as something that'd thrive in the modern NBA, what he did with the '08 Celtics defence with Garnett as our anchor was something extraordinary.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2020, 03:32:07 AM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Could be fine as an assisstant. However from what Ive read at Canis Hoopus, the times have certainly passed him by and his defensive schemes are now outdated.

Definitely shouldnt be a head coach here. Although the guys who scream at Stevens daily for sitting players will love him as Thibs loves to overplay his starters (he sometimes play them all game) and burn them out.
Are they? I've always thought of his defensive schemes as something that'd thrive in the modern NBA, what he did with the '08 Celtics defence with Garnett as our anchor was something extraordinary.

Any defense that has Garnett as its anchor is going to be pretty decent to begin with though  :laugh:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2020, 03:34:34 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald

Any defense that has Garnett as its anchor is going to be pretty decent to begin with though  :laugh:
For sure :laugh:, but I thought his schemes were pretty much what modern teams would run nowadays.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2020, 03:16:16 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

For sure :laugh:, but I thought his schemes were pretty much what modern teams would run nowadays.

https://www.canishoopus.com/2018/10/10/17955396/a-look-at-how-tom-thibodeaus-defensive-scheme-holds-the-timberwolves-back-nba

You could also ask folks there for more in depth explanation why his defense doesnt really work now.

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2020, 03:38:15 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald

https://www.canishoopus.com/2018/10/10/17955396/a-look-at-how-tom-thibodeaus-defensive-scheme-holds-the-timberwolves-back-nba

You could also ask folks there for more in depth explanation why his defense doesnt really work now.
Ah alright. I didn't know that he was still this rigid with his system.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA