Author Topic: Beal: “I’m tired of losing”  (Read 5967 times)

Re: Beal: “I’m tired of losing”
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2020, 02:19:40 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I wouldn't mind acquiring Beal this summer, but it would be difficult to find a trade that made sense for both teams, especially if Hayward opts out.  I don't think something like Smart, Theis, Langford, salary filler, and draft picks is a good enough package (even with Memphis pick included as its value isn't all that good at the moment) and I wouldn't want to give up Walker, Brown, or Tatum in the trade.
None of the contenders can beat that package. Also we can add one or two unprotected in the future .. maybe 5 picks will be enough (we have 3 this summer)
That is just nonsense.  Of course contenders can beat that.  That package isn't that good at all.
Ok let’s put it that way:
Which contender can beat that package without breaking their core?
Lakers aren’t trading LeBron
Bucks aren’t trading Middleton
Would philly trade Simmons ?
When you go through the top 10 teams in the league you will see we are the best dance partner for the Wizards in beals case
I agree the Lakers are unlikely trade partners, but Green + Kuzma + filler + draft picks is a pretty solid offer.  Kuzma alone is better than any individual player or asset in that Boston trade.  The Clippers could put together a pretty solid package as they have a bunch of quality players on mid-size contracts something like Beverley, Williams, and Zubac (the Wizards would then move Beverley and Williams to other teams) plus whatever draft picks they can still trade.  Miami could put together an interesting package maybe something like Winslow, Olynyk, and Herro/Nunn.  Indiana has a bunch of options, maybe something like Warren and Turner.  Brooklyn has Allen, LeVert, Prince, Temple, Kurucs, whatever they get for Dinwiddie.  They can easily put together a better package.  Denver has a bunch of quality players/assets as does Utah.  As for Philly, I do think Simmons for Beal is a possibility depending on how their off season goes.  I could also see the Sixers as being desperate enough that they would take on Wall.  Hard to make the dollars work, but Harris and Horford for Wall and Beal does work financially.  All of those trades could have varying levels of picks included, and basically all of the picks are similar unless that Memphis pick is sitting there at like 7.

Then there will be teams that think adding Beal might put them over the top.  Maybe Zion comes out and is the real deal and New Orleans decides to go for it, keeping Holiday and wanting to add Beal.  Redick, Ball, and Melli/NAW is a pretty solid offer. 

Unless Boston includes Walker, Brown, or Tatum, it will easily be outbid for Beal.
Again, Beal signed an extention with the Wizards. He cannot be traded until April 15, which means that he cannot be traded until after the season is over.

https://twitter.com/KeithSmithNBA/status/1184810742924660738
I know.  We are talking about a trade this summer.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2020, 03:34:18 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I wouldn't mind acquiring Beal this summer, but it would be difficult to find a trade that made sense for both teams, especially if Hayward opts out.  I don't think something like Smart, Theis, Langford, salary filler, and draft picks is a good enough package (even with Memphis pick included as its value isn't all that good at the moment) and I wouldn't want to give up Walker, Brown, or Tatum in the trade.
None of the contenders can beat that package. Also we can add one or two unprotected in the future .. maybe 5 picks will be enough (we have 3 this summer)
I can't see Hayward opting out.  he hasn't played at his Utah level where he's producing at the same rate he did there.  he's not going to get an offer that pays as much as he's contracted to get with the C's next year.  He'll be here through his contract unless Danny makes a deal at the trade deadline if Hayward says he won't resign. 

I'd be interested in getting Beal -- always liked his game.  I'd give up Smart, Langford and the 3 first rounders this year to get it done (plus salary filler) but it's not likely until the offseason that it happens.  wouldn't give up an unprotected pick for anything -- you always protect it.  you never know what's going to happen.
As long as Brad is the coach it’s unlikely that we will get a very high pick of our own. I would not worry about pick protections if that’s a deal breaker
All it takes is an injury to Kemba, Brown or Tatum and that future season can go spiraling down the tubes.  even if it's unlikely the pick ends up in the lottery, you always protect against it.  have you learned nothing from the Brooklyn trade?

« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2020, 07:26:51 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
That is just nonsense.  Of course contenders can beat that.  That package isn't that good at all.
Ok let’s put it that way:
Which contender can beat that package without breaking their core?
Lakers aren’t trading LeBron
Bucks aren’t trading Middleton
Would philly trade Simmons ?
When you go through the top 10 teams in the league you will see we are the best dance partner for the Wizards in beals case
I agree the Lakers are unlikely trade partners, but Green + Kuzma + filler + draft picks is a pretty solid offer.  Kuzma alone is better than any individual player or asset in that Boston trade.  The Clippers could put together a pretty solid package as they have a bunch of quality players on mid-size contracts something like Beverley, Williams, and Zubac (the Wizards would then move Beverley and Williams to other teams) plus whatever draft picks they can still trade.  Miami could put together an interesting package maybe something like Winslow, Olynyk, and Herro/Nunn.  Indiana has a bunch of options, maybe something like Warren and Turner.  Brooklyn has Allen, LeVert, Prince, Temple, Kurucs, whatever they get for Dinwiddie.  They can easily put together a better package.  Denver has a bunch of quality players/assets as does Utah.  As for Philly, I do think Simmons for Beal is a possibility depending on how their off season goes.  I could also see the Sixers as being desperate enough that they would take on Wall.  Hard to make the dollars work, but Harris and Horford for Wall and Beal does work financially.  All of those trades could have varying levels of picks included, and basically all of the picks are similar unless that Memphis pick is sitting there at like 7.

Then there will be teams that think adding Beal might put them over the top.  Maybe Zion comes out and is the real deal and New Orleans decides to go for it, keeping Holiday and wanting to add Beal.  Redick, Ball, and Melli/NAW is a pretty solid offer. 

Unless Boston includes Walker, Brown, or Tatum, it will easily be outbid for Beal.
Lakers don’t have picks to offer and the rest of the trades don’t make sense to a rebuilding team or are worse than our offer.
Trade Simmons for Beal and you’re asking to be fired
Simmons for Beal in my opinion would be a steal for the 76ers. However, Simmons and Wall could never ever coexist.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2020, 07:43:47 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!
Author of this thread must be a new fan

*sippin*

remember when we lose it makes the winning so much sweeter...

without Google..cheaters...

who  gave

who gave him his  nick name and what is it?

ill give you 10 tommy points..might take me 10 days but i got cha

« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2020, 07:57:28 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

*sippin*

who  gave

Shaq called Pierce the Truth.

« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2020, 08:15:21 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

*sippin*

who  gave

Well, Shaq actually called Pierce, "the mf'n truth".

« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2020, 08:46:57 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

*sippin*

who  gave

Well, Shaq actually called Pierce, "the mf'n truth".
I gave the PG-13 version.

« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2020, 09:16:34 PM »

Offline shut_the_gate

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 26
Actually I think if Denver think that Beal puts them over the edge they could easily get this done:

Washington Wizards: Gary Harris, Grant, Porter Jr., Multiple 1st picks

Denver Nuggets: Bradley Beal

Jokic
Millsap (for the right price)
Barton
Beal
Murray

« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2020, 09:44:23 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
IMO he will request a trade in the offseason and will be move to either 76ers or GSW

Nah he's going to the Lakers to join the LeBron crew like everyone else lol

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2020, 10:25:28 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
Maybe we should trade for him ;)

« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2020, 10:52:52 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Maybe we should trade for him ;)

If the Celts dont make the ECF/disappointing finish

Would you trade Brown for Beal after the end of the season?

« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2020, 10:53:28 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
IMO he will request a trade in the offseason and will be move to either 76ers or GSW

Nah he's going to the Lakers to join the LeBron crew like everyone else lol
Like Paul George (x2) & Kawhi did?

« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2020, 10:56:28 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Join DJT you will win so much you will get tired of winning.