Author Topic: Beal: “I’m tired of losing”  (Read 5965 times)

Re: Beal: “I’m tired of losing”
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2020, 09:14:43 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I wouldn't mind acquiring Beal this summer, but it would be difficult to find a trade that made sense for both teams, especially if Hayward opts out.  I don't think something like Smart, Theis, Langford, salary filler, and draft picks is a good enough package (even with Memphis pick included as its value isn't all that good at the moment) and I wouldn't want to give up Walker, Brown, or Tatum in the trade.
None of the contenders can beat that package. Also we can add one or two unprotected in the future .. maybe 5 picks will be enough (we have 3 this summer)
I can't see Hayward opting out.  he hasn't played at his Utah level where he's producing at the same rate he did there.  he's not going to get an offer that pays as much as he's contracted to get with the C's next year.  He'll be here through his contract unless Danny makes a deal at the trade deadline if Hayward says he won't resign. 

I'd be interested in getting Beal -- always liked his game.  I'd give up Smart, Langford and the 3 first rounders this year to get it done (plus salary filler) but it's not likely until the offseason that it happens.  wouldn't give up an unprotected pick for anything -- you always protect it.  you never know what's going to happen.

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2020, 09:17:13 AM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
I wouldn't mind acquiring Beal this summer, but it would be difficult to find a trade that made sense for both teams, especially if Hayward opts out.  I don't think something like Smart, Theis, Langford, salary filler, and draft picks is a good enough package (even with Memphis pick included as its value isn't all that good at the moment) and I wouldn't want to give up Walker, Brown, or Tatum in the trade.
None of the contenders can beat that package. Also we can add one or two unprotected in the future .. maybe 5 picks will be enough (we have 3 this summer)
I can't see Hayward opting out.  he hasn't played at his Utah level where he's producing at the same rate he did there.  he's not going to get an offer that pays as much as he's contracted to get with the C's next year.  He'll be here through his contract unless Danny makes a deal at the trade deadline if Hayward says he won't resign. 

I'd be interested in getting Beal -- always liked his game.  I'd give up Smart, Langford and the 3 first rounders this year to get it done (plus salary filler) but it's not likely until the offseason that it happens.  wouldn't give up an unprotected pick for anything -- you always protect it.  you never know what's going to happen.
As long as Brad is the coach it’s unlikely that we will get a very high pick of our own. I would not worry about pick protections if that’s a deal breaker

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2020, 10:01:41 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Lakers there he goes

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2020, 11:13:39 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
That is just nonsense.  Of course contenders can beat that.  That package isn't that good at all.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2020, 11:20:48 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
Lakers there he goes
Has there ever been a star who wasn't linked with the Lakers at least one time during his career? :P

« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2020, 11:34:11 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
OKC with Adams and their treasure trove of draft picks could outbid practically anyone if they wanted to.

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2020, 11:39:01 AM »

Offline GreenCoffeeBean

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91
I love Beal's game but I don't see how he fits on our team anymore now that we have Kemba and Jaylen Brown 2.0. I'd like to see him in Golden State or another young, up and coming team like OKC, Memphis, Phoenix, or New Orleans. Curry-Beal-Klay would be a fun trio to watch. I could also see Beal in Toronto though but maybe they don't need him with Van Elite's emergence.

If he really wants to cement his career going no where, he could definitely go to the Knicks.

« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2020, 11:52:19 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
OKC with Adams and their treasure trove of draft picks could outbid practically anyone if they wanted to.
I'd like to see him in (...) young, up and coming team like OKC, (...) Phoenix.
Do you guys think he would be a good fit in OKC? I mean, they 'd have to play him out of position, cause they already got CP3 and SGA.

Can't see him playing next to Booker either.

In any case, Beal signed a contract extention with the Wizards. He cannot be traded until April 15, which means he cannot be traded until after the season is over.

« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2020, 12:05:13 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
That is just nonsense.  Of course contenders can beat that.  That package isn't that good at all.
Ok let’s put it that way:
Which contender can beat that package without breaking their core?
Lakers aren’t trading LeBron
Bucks aren’t trading Middleton
Would philly trade Simmons ?
When you go through the top 10 teams in the league you will see we are the best dance partner for the Wizards in beals case

« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2020, 12:10:18 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
Dumb ass shouldn't have signed that contract.

No sympathy for him. He chose his bed. Lie in it.
Same as KLove

« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2020, 12:21:10 PM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
If Philly struggles in the playoffs I would bank on Beal for Simmons going down.

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2020, 12:21:35 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
When you go through the top 10 teams in the league you will see we are the best dance partner for the Wizards in beals case
I agree the Lakers are unlikely trade partners, but Green + Kuzma + filler + draft picks is a pretty solid offer.  Kuzma alone is better than any individual player or asset in that Boston trade.  The Clippers could put together a pretty solid package as they have a bunch of quality players on mid-size contracts something like Beverley, Williams, and Zubac (the Wizards would then move Beverley and Williams to other teams) plus whatever draft picks they can still trade.  Miami could put together an interesting package maybe something like Winslow, Olynyk, and Herro/Nunn.  Indiana has a bunch of options, maybe something like Warren and Turner.  Brooklyn has Allen, LeVert, Prince, Temple, Kurucs, whatever they get for Dinwiddie.  They can easily put together a better package.  Denver has a bunch of quality players/assets as does Utah.  As for Philly, I do think Simmons for Beal is a possibility depending on how their off season goes.  I could also see the Sixers as being desperate enough that they would take on Wall.  Hard to make the dollars work, but Harris and Horford for Wall and Beal does work financially.  All of those trades could have varying levels of picks included, and basically all of the picks are similar unless that Memphis pick is sitting there at like 7.

Then there will be teams that think adding Beal might put them over the top.  Maybe Zion comes out and is the real deal and New Orleans decides to go for it, keeping Holiday and wanting to add Beal.  Redick, Ball, and Melli/NAW is a pretty solid offer. 

Unless Boston includes Walker, Brown, or Tatum, it will easily be outbid for Beal. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2020, 12:55:45 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
I agree the Lakers are unlikely trade partners, but Green + Kuzma + filler + draft picks is a pretty solid offer.  Kuzma alone is better than any individual player or asset in that Boston trade.  The Clippers could put together a pretty solid package as they have a bunch of quality players on mid-size contracts something like Beverley, Williams, and Zubac (the Wizards would then move Beverley and Williams to other teams) plus whatever draft picks they can still trade.  Miami could put together an interesting package maybe something like Winslow, Olynyk, and Herro/Nunn.  Indiana has a bunch of options, maybe something like Warren and Turner.  Brooklyn has Allen, LeVert, Prince, Temple, Kurucs, whatever they get for Dinwiddie.  They can easily put together a better package.  Denver has a bunch of quality players/assets as does Utah.  As for Philly, I do think Simmons for Beal is a possibility depending on how their off season goes.  I could also see the Sixers as being desperate enough that they would take on Wall.  Hard to make the dollars work, but Harris and Horford for Wall and Beal does work financially.  All of those trades could have varying levels of picks included, and basically all of the picks are similar unless that Memphis pick is sitting there at like 7.

Then there will be teams that think adding Beal might put them over the top.  Maybe Zion comes out and is the real deal and New Orleans decides to go for it, keeping Holiday and wanting to add Beal.  Redick, Ball, and Melli/NAW is a pretty solid offer. 

Unless Boston includes Walker, Brown, or Tatum, it will easily be outbid for Beal.
Again, Beal signed an extention with the Wizards. He cannot be traded until April 15, which means that he cannot be traded until after the season is over.

https://twitter.com/KeithSmithNBA/status/1184810742924660738

« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2020, 01:08:13 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell

Lakers don’t have picks to offer and the rest of the trades don’t make sense to a rebuilding team or are worse than our offer.
Trade Simmons for Beal and you’re asking to be fired

« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2020, 02:07:11 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393

I think you may value kuzma a little higher than most GM's. Wasn't the story that the Kings would not trade an expiring contract bogs for him? He is a career 33% three point shooter, shooting 42% from field, more turnovers than assist. Not known as a good defensive player... I mean what is there to like there? He should theoretically be shooting great playing with Lebron and it is just not happening.