Author Topic: Mandatory Gordon Hayward trade (your ideas)  (Read 18649 times)

Re: Mandatory Gordon Hayward trade (your ideas)
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2020, 05:58:16 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
My favorite is for Myles Turner even though Hayward is lengths and miles beyond him as a player. Myles fits out center position and system perfectly but I don't think I give Hayward up for him.

Respect for putting so much time and thought into these ideas but unfortunately Hayward isn't going anywhere.

I like what Hayward brings to the table. He hasn't been max worthy but he has been hurt, rehabbing, and he has also had to share the spotlight with so many other emerging talents.

I fully expect Hayward and Danny to come to a reasonable, non-max deal to keep him a Celtic and pair him with Brad til he retires.
Ha, that made me chuckle, however unintentional.

I would love to see a 4/80 type contract for Gordy

I originally had typed “length and myles” but I just couldn’t bring myself to do it.

« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2020, 06:19:26 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549
My favorite is for Myles Turner even though Hayward is lengths and miles beyond him as a player. Myles fits out center position and system perfectly but I don't think I give Hayward up for him.

Respect for putting so much time and thought into these ideas but unfortunately Hayward isn't going anywhere.

I like what Hayward brings to the table. He hasn't been max worthy but he has been hurt, rehabbing, and he has also had to share the spotlight with so many other emerging talents.

I fully expect Hayward and Danny to come to a reasonable, non-max deal to keep him a Celtic and pair him with Brad til he retires.
Ha, that made me chuckle, however unintentional.

I would love to see a 4/80 type contract for Gordy

Gordon hayward is surely better than Myles Turner, but you probably arent getting back one guy equally as good as Hayward in a trade. Part of a Myles Turner trade is he makes about half what Hayward will if he opts in (17.5 million, over the next three years), he plays  position the Celtics have the biggest question mark at long term (Theis, Kanter (PO) have one more year on their deals), and he's young at only 24 year old (seven months older than Jaylen).

The idea of the trade allows you to add more depth, while Tatum/Brown pick up more of the offensive load in time.

I think I'd rather resign/extend him at a lower price, but a trade is possible if his price is too high.

« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2020, 10:17:01 PM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
TP to Rhodytur10 for extensive Hayward exit scenarios.

The Celtics don't need great deals of firepower.

I know that it is the new NBA, but, some size with defensive chops would help the Celtics look less small when playing...hmmmm...let me see...that's right! The Milwaukee Bucks.

Another point is that the Celtics have a lot of expensive players and Hayward may not be the future.....at his price.

In turn, Hayward's price makes him a tough swallow for a lot of teams.

Good problem to have....too many good players.

I wonder what Danny is thinking....besides the fact that he has waaay too many draft picks.

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2020, 02:22:31 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
Send him back to Indiana and send us Myles Turner and TJ Warren
Warren is an ISO scorer. We already got two similar players in Tatum and Brown. They both play ISO ball a bit too often for my liking. Don't think Warren would be a good fit for the C's. Hayward is an excellent passer at the wing position. Imo, we absolutely need his passing ability. The C's are 25th in the league in assists per game. Hayward keeps everyone involved on offense, hence he keeps everyone happy.

Here's a counter idea

Boston in: Myles Turner + Joe Ingles
Indy in: Gordon Hayward
Utah in: TJ Warren

(feel free to add pick(s) if necessary)

https://tradenba.com/trades/gfgqPklfV

Not sure whether it would be a realistic possibility for all teams involved. What do you guys think?

Wouldn't help us avoid the tax next season (unless we dump more salary in subsequent moves), but it would possibly make the C's a better team both next season and in the long run.

Kemba - Brown - Ingles - Tatum - Turner

I reckon this would be a more balanced lineup compared to our current one. 

Unfortunately, we'd have more players+incoming picks than roster spots. We'd probably need to make more trade(s) with a view to freeing up some roster spots.

Would you rather trade Walker, Smart, Brown or Tatum?
Yes, I'd much rather trade Walker. Imo, Walker is a luxury, not a necessity. We already got Smart. I'd be perfectly happy with Smart starting at the PG position.

Having said that, I would definitely consider trading Hayward for Turner+Ingles (again, not sure whether it's a realistic possibility).
« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 03:03:25 PM by Jvalin »

« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2020, 11:09:13 PM »

Offline jbp126

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 51
Hayward and Romeo for Turner, Lamb, and McDermott gets Indy some local guys and gives us a very good big that can defend and shoot and some bench scoring at the guard/wing.

I’m over some people’s love affair with Hayward. He’s been solid this year but he’s always injured, on the wrong side of 30, and is expiring. Unless he signs a very friendly deal with us after next season, I’d rather use his contract to balance out our roster.

I like Romeo but I think we’d have to give up more than just Hayward’s contract to entice Indy. Despite what this forum might think, Turner has more trade value than Hayward due to the former’s age, contract, and versatility. Lamb and McDermott are ready to contribute now and we’re ready to contend now.

« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2020, 12:02:48 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
Lamb and McDermott are ready to contribute now and we’re ready to contend now.
Lamb suffered a horrendous triple injury last February. He isn't ready to contribute.

During the second quarter of the Pacers game at Toronto on Sunday (February 23), Indiana Pacers forward Jeremy Lamb sustained a torn left anterior cruciate ligament, a torn lateral meniscus, and a lateral femoral condylar fracture.

Quote from: J. Michael Falgoust
Lamb on when he can return next season: "I'm about 4 months post-surgery. I don't even ask. I don't want a target date"
« Last Edit: August 21, 2020, 12:35:16 AM by Jvalin »

« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2020, 12:16:55 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Hayward and Romeo for Turner, Lamb, and McDermott gets Indy some local guys and gives us a very good big that can defend and shoot and some bench scoring at the guard/wing.

I’m over some people’s love affair with Hayward. He’s been solid this year but he’s always injured, on the wrong side of 30, and is expiring. Unless he signs a very friendly deal with us after next season, I’d rather use his contract to balance out our roster.

I like Romeo but I think we’d have to give up more than just Hayward’s contract to entice Indy. Despite what this forum might think, Turner has more trade value than Hayward due to the former’s age, contract, and versatility. Lamb and McDermott are ready to contribute now and we’re ready to contend now.
This is a terrible trade for us. A big-man who can't rebound and is a below-average 3 point shooter. Turner is barely better than Brook Lopez at this stage. He's young, but he hasn't improved for 4 years
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2020, 06:33:14 AM »

Offline mrceltics2013

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 15
Anyone wanting Myles Turner hasn’t watched a Myles Turner full game. He is really not good and it’s embarsssing how bad he is. I used to be an advocate for him, but Theis is better.

The only bigs I’d care for that I believe fits what we have going on already are;

Embiid
Jarret Allen
KAT
BAM
Jokic (maybe, but don’t see any D potential)
Nurkic
AD
Sobonis

I don’t feel like I’m missing anyone, but these are the only bigs I’d care to replace Theis for and in the majority of these scenarios I’d still need Theis as a backup.

Idk the value of Hayward+ Any 2 players that’s not Smart or a Starter + draft picks: but I’m willing to all that go for either of the starting bigs. Tbh depending on the trade package I’d be willing to move Walker to and build the team around like Brown, Smart,Tatum, KAT/Embiid/

If we don’t get a big a few other players I wouldn’t mind seeing in green at the expense of Hayward who I feel have a potential to be moved:

Buddy H
Zach L
Jrue Holiday

« Last Edit: August 21, 2020, 07:05:13 AM by mrceltics2013 »

« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2020, 07:26:50 AM »

Offline jbp126

• Jaylen Brown
Players regularly recover from ACL injuries in about a year and next season isn’t starting until at least late December. Silver said last night that the Dec. 1 target date for the season starting isn’t looking realistic.

While Turner isn’t a good rebounder (neither was Horford which was a frustration of mine), he’s a very good and versatile defender who can shoot (Turner shot .344 on 4 attempts last year and .388 on 2.6 the year before. Theis shot .333 on 1.5 attempts this year and .388 on 1 attempt last year on 1 attempt.) You don’t want him camping out at the three line but he stretches the floor better than theis and I can’t help you if you are embarrassed by one of the best rom protectors in the league.

Embiid- not getting traded, trade value is too high, can’t play more than 2.5 quarters of playoff basketball

Jarrett Allen- should be a target for us but doesn’t stretch the floor at all

KAT- not getting traded anytime isn’t he next 2-3 years if at all, would require giving up the house, excellent offensive player and rebounder but not a good defender

Bam- not getting traded period

Jokic- again, not getting traded

Nurk- probably not on the market and has had some injury issues but I like his game

AD- very likely re-signing with LA

Sabonis- not getting traded

« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2020, 07:46:19 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
Anyone wanting Myles Turner hasn’t watched a Myles Turner full game. He is really not good and it’s embarsssing how bad he is. I used to be an advocate for him, but Theis is better.

The only bigs I’d care for that I believe fits what we have going on already are;

Embiid
Jarret Allen
KAT
BAM

Jokic with this passing ability does not fit !?!??? seriously ??

« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2020, 08:14:38 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Embiid
Jarret Allen
KAT
BAM

Jokic with this passing ability does not fit !?!??? seriously ??
I think Jokic being an ill-fit is more due to his Kanter-esque defence on the perimeter

« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2020, 05:00:22 PM »

Offline kiwiceltic

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 16
Players regularly recover from ACL injuries in about a year and next season isn’t starting until at least late December. Silver said last night that the Dec. 1 target date for the season starting isn’t looking realistic.

While Turner isn’t a good rebounder (neither was Horford which was a frustration of mine), he’s a very good and versatile defender who can shoot (Turner shot .344 on 4 attempts last year and .388 on 2.6 the year before. Theis shot .333 on 1.5 attempts this year and .388 on 1 attempt last year on 1 attempt.) You don’t want him camping out at the three line but he stretches the floor better than theis and I can’t help you if you are embarrassed by one of the best rom protectors in the league.

Embiid- not getting traded, trade value is too high, can’t play more than 2.5 quarters of playoff basketball

KAT- not getting traded anytime isn’t he next 2-3 years if at all, would require giving up the house, excellent offensive player and rebounder but not a good defender

Nurk- probably not on the market and has had some injury issues but I like his game

No Steven Adams? - available(more so than others on the list), he takes care of all the deficiencies the Cs have, only downside is he doesn't stretch the floor. His 27mil contract is expiring after next season.

« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2020, 05:46:21 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
I'm one of the biggest Hayward fans around, so there aren't many deals I would do. That being said, given the nature of the exercise, I'll up ideas I'd be receptive to.

I'd trade Hayward and a first for Vucevic. Potential to work in Langford if they send Ross, who has been exactly what our bench has been missing.

I'd look at Hayward, Langford + picks for Beal and Ish Smith, even though it's incredibly unlikely Washington would be interested.

There are other trades I'd probably look at, but those are the two ideal targets IMO. A lineup of either of:
[Kemba - Smart - Brown - Tatum - Vucevic] or [Kemba - Beal - Brown - Tatum - Theis] looks pretty good to me

« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2020, 12:54:50 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
If we were to make a Hayward trade, you’d wanna replace him with someone who is:

a) low usage: we’re already not maximizing Hayward with us. If we get a guy like Beal, it’s not a great fit imo
b) productive without plays: similar to the previous point but whoever it is can’t be a negative out there who the other team can just ignore
c) enough IQ to keep the ball moving: C’s rely on ball movement, body movement, and solid screens. Hayward has 2 out of those 3
d) solid defender: were a versatile defensive squad, and that’s because Hayward can guard 2-4 well enough

That said, who fits the bill?

Bam Adebayo
Draymond Green
Steven Adams
Tristan Thompson (maybe)
Aaron Gordon

I’m sure I’m missing some names, and I know these guys aren’t necessarily attainable, but they seem like strong candidates to fill in that 4th role. We have a big 3 of JB-JT-Walker. We need the perfect complement pieces around them.
- LilRip

« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2020, 01:35:16 AM »

Offline jbp126

• Jaylen Brown

No Steven Adams? - available(more so than others on the list), he takes care of all the deficiencies the Cs have, only downside is he doesn't stretch the floor. His 27mil contract is expiring after next season.

The list was from the poster above but Steven Adams is a center I’d target along with Vucivic. Ideally it’d be a fairly low usage player that can defend and hit some shots but there are not many centers like that.