Author Topic: Mandatory Gordon Hayward trade (your ideas)  (Read 18905 times)

Re: Mandatory Gordon Hayward trade (your ideas)
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2020, 10:01:59 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Some of these trades won't make sense. Like Adams straight up or packages of same salary. If you are moving Hayward because of his salary you need 7 million or more in savings. Adams has a trade kicker of 7.5
« Last Edit: August 22, 2020, 10:11:11 AM by Csfan1984 »

« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2020, 01:55:38 PM »

Offline JAH1892

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 1
It’s gotta be Bradley Beal really hasn’t it, saves money, can’t be happy at wizards and game 1 coverage said him and Tatum are close family friends. Will the swap + this years picks + role player get it done though?!

Like Hayward but really for that salary need more + be more durable

« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2020, 07:47:17 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
It’s gotta be Bradley Beal really hasn’t it, saves money, can’t be happy at wizards and game 1 coverage said him and Tatum are close family friends. Will the swap + this years picks + role player get it done though?!

Like Hayward but really for that salary need more + be more durable
Not sure what Washington would want for Beal. They're a messy situation. Two massive contracts on their guards, and then a whole bunch of guys in their early 20s. Dunno if Hayward intrigues them
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2020, 09:42:30 AM »

Offline JAH1892

• Xavier Tillman
Agree gouki88. GSW potential offer would blow any Celtics deal out the water.
Feel for Hayward really, the Tatum Beal links are interesting though...
Need to keep Timelord no matter what though

« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2020, 10:04:57 AM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 468
No one gotta take on Hayward salary

Or a rental.  Hayward has more value to the C's then to most other teams.  1 year deal.  Our 1st round picks have more value just because teams want multiple years unless they are unloading a bad contract.

Drummond for Hayward and picks makes sense because it's a 1 for 1, the rebuilding cavs get picks and salaries match.  I just don't see the C's wanting this deal since Drummond does not fit the style of offense of CBS.

The final thing people need to keep in mind is that no matter who they bring in is going to be number 4 in the pecking order after JT, JB and Kemba.  Hayward has the team mentality to do it.  Do you think Beal would come in and be ok being 4th?  I sure don't. 

I do not see the C's trading Hayward unless it's to either Utah or Indiana.  Both are homes for him.  Both have a player (Goebert (also an expiring), Turner) that would fit well with the C's and are players that either because of relationships or young players on the team are expendable.  Both would required the C's taking back more salary and would be hard with Roster spots.

If I had to make a deal it's for one of these two players because I don't think picks would need to be involved.

« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2020, 10:09:06 AM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Does anyone really believe Danny would trade Hayward now that Stevens has recommitted to the Celtics for the long term? I would imagine Hayward and personnel discussions were most likely had before Stevens agreed to stay.

Unless Hayward tells Ainge and Stevens he wants out, the odds are he will resign for a discounted but strong amount. My trade idea is not to trade him. Resign him at a fair, bargain rate. I for one, believe we are better with Hayward vs without. We are due for some luck with his health issues he has had.

« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2020, 10:33:15 AM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Agree gouki88. GSW potential offer would blow any Celtics deal out the water.
Feel for Hayward really, the Tatum Beal links are interesting though...
Need to keep Timelord no matter what though

Would GSW go after Beal? Thompson at the 3 doesn't seem ideal for them

Of course, I don't really see any bigger wings that are on his level and available, so maybe
I'm bitter.

« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2020, 11:10:08 AM »

Offline JAH1892

• Xavier Tillman
Agree gouki88. GSW potential]

Would GSW go after Beal? Thompson at the 3 doesn't seem ideal for them

Of course, I don't really see any bigger wings that are on his level and available, so maybe

They have no 2 pick this year + twolves 21 I think (plus wiggins but not sure that’s a value asset), the talk I’ve heard is...they want Giannis or Embiid next trade deadline🙀 Just think Celtics need to make moves awaiting another jugernaut of a GSW team for next 3/4 years.. priority scorers could work with Beal imo, Brown and Kemba wouldn’t get beef with 10-15 shots a game

« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2020, 11:45:27 AM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
I don’t see any trade that will work for the Celtics if Hayward picks his option.

Beal is a maybe but we can easily get outbid unless we throw unprotected picks (not happening)

Maybe if Giannis is threatening to leave for Dallas or GS (no cap space ) We can overpay the bucks for a year rental of the Greek freak using Gordon , Romeo and many picks. It’s interesting to think that bucks maybe viewing Hayward as someone who can do 50% of what Giannis does for them plus better shooting which can help them stay relevant in the weak East - 5-7 seed..

« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2020, 12:16:41 PM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
Hayward stays and gets $34M - Celtics go after title with "this year's team." Tax causes Celtic's owners to file taxes with higher payroll  penalties.

These guys have been ready for this, nobody is going to die.

Ainge decides, lets split up this year instead of next and get another short contract expensive guy in return because it improves their shot at a title.

Hayward is in reality "on the block." There are teams that would take him in a trade for "another expensive player".

Hayward is a top NBA player, secondary teams would take him and it would help their marketing.

Would Ainge send Hayward to the freaking Cav's (Drummond)? Wouldn't that come up in the talks with Ainge and his agent?

"If you exercise your option...we will trade you." Isn't this "implied"?

"If you lower your ask? You will stay here for 3 years whatever."

My immediate thought - why would Gordon Hayward "take less money?"

A three year deal for Hayward is $110M or so?

We want Hayward to sign a 3 year "team friendly" deal for $75M?

So Gordon Hayward is supposed to eat $35M to help us out?

Be advised Ainge and Hayward/agent(s) know exactly what is going to happen when the opt in deadline hits. The Celtics are a billion dollar corporation. My guess from watching Ainge forever is "keeping Hayward" isn't really an option. Ainge will look as good as possible with this transaction, but, without one of the biggest "discounts" in recent history? Hayward will be playing elsewhere next year.   

« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2020, 06:37:56 PM »

Offline JAH1892

• Xavier Tillman
Could Washington with a rehabbed wall and tons of existing and Celtics trained youth (+ 4 draft kids) be a good move for him maybe? Banks the 34 then decides? I’d love him if he was more aggressive at times

Hayward stays and gets $34M - Celtics go after title with "this year's team." Tax causes Celtic's owners to file taxes with higher payroll  penalties.

These guys have been ready for this, nobody is going to die.

Ainge decides, lets split up this year instead of next and get another short contract expensive guy in return because it improves their shot at a title.

Hayward is in reality "on the block." There are teams that would take him in a trade for "another expensive player".

Hayward is a top NBA player, secondary teams would take him and it would help their marketing.

Would Ainge send Hayward to the freaking Cav's (Drummond)? Wouldn't that come up in the talks with Ainge and his agent?

"If you exercise your option...we will trade you." Isn't this "implied"?

"If you lower your ask? You will stay here for 3 years whatever."

My immediate thought - why would Gordon Hayward "take less money?"

A three year deal for Hayward is $110M or so?

We want Hayward to sign a 3 year "team friendly" deal for $75M?

So Gordon Hayward is supposed to eat $35M to help us out?

Be advised Ainge and Hayward/agent(s) know exactly what is going to happen when the opt in deadline hits. The Celtics are a billion dollar corporation. My guess from watching Ainge forever is "keeping Hayward" isn't really an option. Ainge will look as good as possible with this transaction, but, without one of the biggest "discounts" in recent history? Hayward will be playing elsewhere next year.

« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2020, 11:12:16 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Until the Celtics run into a team that takes advantage of the Celtics 3 wing and a PG lineup in such a way they would never get past them in the playoffs, I don't see the Celtics moving Hayward.   

« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2020, 01:40:22 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Until the Celtics run into a team that takes advantage of the Celtics 3 wing and a PG lineup in such a way they would never get past them in the playoffs, I don't see the Celtics moving Hayward.
The way the league is going you might be right. C's could see it as three great pieces to win now and decide you pay tax now. Then draft other high potential wings that if they develop then you move on from Hayward, not before.

But the OP is saying hypothetically if it was mandatory to avoid the tax what trades could make sense.

« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2020, 07:49:06 PM »

Offline BoulderMike

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 11
Blake Griffin, anyone?

Detroit's motivation would be because, starting next season, Blake would have twp years remaining to Hayward's one remaining year.

« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2020, 07:53:40 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Blake Griffin, anyone?

Detroit's motivation would be because, starting next season, Blake would have twp years remaining to Hayward's one remaining year.
He's more injury-prone than anyone on our roster, older than Hayward and is owed $75.5m over 2020-2022. No thanks. Preposterous amount of money and his play this season was straight up terrible. 16PPG, 5RPG, 3APG shooting 35% from the field and 24% from 3.

I think Blake is toast, and we do not want that contract
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)