Author Topic: What’s the Last TV Series You Watched?  (Read 57437 times)

Re: What’s the Last TV Series You Watched?
« Reply #435 on: April 11, 2024, 02:04:42 PM »

Offline Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
Looking forward to the Fallout series on Amazon.  They moved up the release to tomorrow instead of Thursday.  The trailer looks good.

As someone who played the game and has always loved that dystopic setting I'm really looking forward to it too  :laugh:

First episode was excellent. Will certainly be watching another tomorrow.

I'm not a gamer and had not heard about Fallout.  Based on your comments I watched the first episode and really enjoyed it.  Thanks for the recommendation.

I saw the first episode too and did enjoy it. Bit lost on some of the concept that I assume a gamer would get but it was interesting. I may take a break from Mankind to watch that one.

Quick question, the cartoon that I know is based on the game, what’s that about? Maybe I’ll watch the whole series before finding out.
Baby Jesus!

« Reply #436 on: April 11, 2024, 05:16:37 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1435
Looking forward to the Fallout series on Amazon.  They moved up the release to tomorrow instead of Thursday.  The trailer looks good.

As someone who played the game and has always loved that dystopic setting I'm really looking forward to it too  :laugh:

I'm not a gamer and had not heard about Fallout.  Based on your comments I watched the first episode and really enjoyed it.  Thanks for the recommendation.

The Last of Us on HBO/Max is also based on a video game. Very good as well.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2024, 07:41:53 PM by Goldstar88 »
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #437 on: April 11, 2024, 10:15:31 PM »

Offline Silas

• 2020 CelticsStrong Draft Guru
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1806

The Last of Us on HBO/Max is also based on a video game. Very good as well.

Watched it and enjoyed it. 
I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.   -  Mark Twain

« Reply #438 on: April 20, 2024, 03:41:44 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Fallout was extremely well done. I'm not sure how I feel about the big reveal and how it relates to Fallout lore, but it surpassed my expectations.

Two series I've enjoyed are Ripley (Netflix) and Sugar (Apple).  I really appreciate the direction and style of both.  Ripley in particular is an excellent take on source material many of us have seen or read (The Talented Mr. Ripley)

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #439 on: April 20, 2024, 03:56:22 PM »

Online perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 226
Boy swallows universe on Netflix. Based on Dalton Trents 2018 novel of the same name about an Australian families descent into darkness after crossing paths with a ruthless drug lord. What a turbulent and emotional ride. There is a time jump of about four years in the second to last episode and after that things get a little contrived and convoluted , but overall the series is excellent. 8.5/10.

« Reply #440 on: April 20, 2024, 04:29:08 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Brothers Sun on Netflix was pretty fun.  If you’re into silly martial arts violence and an easy to follow plot.  Some good chuckles.
Yup

« Reply #441 on: April 20, 2024, 04:58:59 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Brothers Sun on Netflix was pretty fun.  If you’re into silly martial arts violence and an easy to follow plot.  Some good chuckles.
Yeah, I enjoyed that. I was sad they cancelled it. No 2nd season.

« Reply #442 on: April 20, 2024, 09:05:29 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
I feel like Shogun is one of the best shows I've seen on TV in a while. As someone who visited Japan a lot when I was younger as my dad was based in Kobe and Osaka, I feel they really nailed the "feel" of it (even though it was filmed in Vancouver). Just the vibe of the people, even though it's obviously from 400 years ago, I feel like they got the culture of Japan right. Love everything about it - the costumes, the feudal culture, and the acting.
It’s one of those shows that I watch because it seems like it should be good but I have a hard time following the plot. Too many characters and situations that aren’t explained well. Just my 2 cents.

« Reply #443 on: April 20, 2024, 11:15:07 PM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
I feel like Shogun is one of the best shows I've seen on TV in a while. As someone who visited Japan a lot when I was younger as my dad was based in Kobe and Osaka, I feel they really nailed the "feel" of it (even though it was filmed in Vancouver). Just the vibe of the people, even though it's obviously from 400 years ago, I feel like they got the culture of Japan right. Love everything about it - the costumes, the feudal culture, and the acting.
It’s one of those shows that I watch because it seems like it should be good but I have a hard time following the plot. Too many characters and situations that aren’t explained well. Just my 2 cents.

It probably helps because I read the book years ago and have a good knowledge of what ushered in Japan's Edo period...it certainly would have been better if they split it into two series to cover all the detail in a way that makes it easier for other folks to follow. This was a period that happened over a number of years, which they are trying to tell in 10 episodes.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D