Author Topic: Cavaliers (3-3) at Celtics (3-3) ECF Game 7 5/27/18  (Read 100723 times)

Re: Cavaliers (3-3) at Celtics (3-3) ECF Game 7 5/27/18
« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2018, 10:26:02 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
The officials for tonight's Game 7 matchup between the #Celtics  and #Cavs will be Marc Davis, James Capers and Zach Zarba with Kane Fitzgerald as the alternate.

Thank God no Foster and no Brothers.

everybody needs t
I am so nervous. Have seen Lebrick kill us before and I am afraid the Cavs somehow steal this game.

RELAX FOR NOW.  look, if we had made layups in game 4 this series would have been over in 5. funny all the doom and gloomers and trolls do not want to address this. so we SHOULDA finished the cavs in 5 so why are we panicking over a game 7 at home? why?

i doubt lebron was sand bagging for this game. we have the best chance at home and we are the better team. our home wins were much better than the cavs home wins. yes it is a game 7 where anything can happen.  run lebron until his ass drops. run him into the parquet. make him drop. make him never want to see boston again.

I agree Boston is the better team. Either James goes off again or he might be fatigued. Really the key will be getting rebounds and controlling George Hill.

« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2018, 10:30:23 AM »

Offline Hank Finkel

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 41
The Celtics make history today. Let’s go Celtics !!!!

« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2018, 10:34:23 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I kind of expect a lower scoring, ugly grind it out game

« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2018, 10:56:51 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
The Celtics have to come out with the mindset that yes, we can beat Lebron. Forget what's happened in the past, and focus on what is today, and that's a huge Game 7, at home, with a trip to the Finals on the line. With Kevin Love out, I'm sure CBS has some adjustments figured out and we have got to make life hard on their role players. Lebron can go and put up 40+, but if we contain their role players like we did in all our other home games this series, we'll be fine. And please, for the love of god, don't let Jeff Green go off on us. If Lebron does, so be it, but it better not be Jeff Green.

Horford is going to have to have the game of his life tonight. He was putrid in Game 6, and as a result the rest of the team looked sluggish most of the game (which doesn't surprise me, as Horford is our leader and impacts the overall team in so many underrated ways). Hope they got adjustments made for when they double Horford, but we also need to design plays to get Horford going with open looks early. The wild cards tonight will be Morris and Smart. I expect Scary Terry, Jaylen and Tatum to play well, but the two Marcuses are our wild cards. If they are inconsistent, shoot poorly and/or make bad decisions all over the court again, we're doomed. But if they play well and make all the right decisions, I really like our chances. Truthfully, I'm already expecting Lebron to put up 40+ on us tonight and have a godly performance, so if we lose, it will be more because we shot ourselves in the foot too many times and let their role players get red hot with too many open looks and bad defensive plays. We also HAVE to limit our turnovers and actually hit FT's tonight.

The TD Garden crowd will no doubt be loud, and I hope even when we are down or when Cleveland goes on a run, the place is still buzzing. It will be a long night IMO, and we'll just have to weather their runs at times and then go on runs ourselves. Even with no Fosters/Brothers tonight (thank god!), my biggest fear is one of Morris or Brown get in foul trouble early while defending Lebron, or something like that. Have to be a bit careful, but stay physical with them. I think not having Love on the road will actually hurt them on the offensive end more than they realize, and we got to smother them on defense. I'm super nervous, but also feeling cautiously optimistic we win this, probably by 8-12 points (though I'd prefer we blow them out). Start off fast, get the crowd into it and rattle their guys early on, and we got this! Game 6 was sluggish like Game 4, but this is our second chance to knock Lebron out of the playoffs, and we've got to take advantage while they also don't have Love.

LETS GO C'S!!  8)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #49 on: May 27, 2018, 11:02:37 AM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

With Love out, I agree. Lebron will have to work for 48 minutes
I'm bitter.

« Reply #50 on: May 27, 2018, 11:04:15 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • MASTER OF PANIC

With Love out, I agree. Lebron will have to work for 48 minutes

We will tell a lot about James if he is settling for jumpers and not attacking

« Reply #51 on: May 27, 2018, 11:06:51 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
The officials for tonight's Game 7 matchup between the #Celtics  and #Cavs will be Marc Davis, James Capers and Zach Zarba with Kane Fitzgerald as the alternate.

Thank God no Foster and no Brothers.

everybody needs t
I am so nervous. Have seen Lebrick kill us before and I am afraid the Cavs somehow steal this game.

RELAX FOR NOW.  look, if we had made layups in game 4 this series would have been over in 5. funny all the doom and gloomers and trolls do not want to address this. so we SHOULDA finished the cavs in 5 so why are we panicking over a game 7 at home? why?

i doubt lebron was sand bagging for this game. we have the best chance at home and we are the better team. our home wins were much better than the cavs home wins. yes it is a game 7 where anything can happen.  run lebron until his ass drops. run him into the parquet. make him drop. make him never want to see boston again.

I agree Boston is the better team. Either James goes off again or he might be fatigued. Really the key will be getting rebounds and controlling George Hill.

i think we can wear him down regardless. we know what we need to do. whether we do it or not is another thing. it is what drives us crazy watching this team. limit other guys and lebron cn score 40, IDC it won't matter especially if we can hit 100 or more. pound lebron on both ends. make him defend. i dont see our young guys coming out flat at all. i would be more concerned if we were an old team. then maybe. not now with our kids. they will have energy and be pumped up. the crowd will carrry them when they are tired. these kids may play dumb at times but they have no fear of lebron. not scared. bring it on!
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #52 on: May 27, 2018, 11:08:30 AM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
I hope we don’t get once in a season Jeff green superstar game .

« Reply #53 on: May 27, 2018, 11:12:01 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • MASTER OF PANIC
If they are going to double al with Hill again and leave Rozier open he must be smart

« Reply #54 on: May 27, 2018, 11:13:27 AM »

• Dennis Johnson
If they are going to double al with Hill again and leave Rozier open he must be smart

yeah a guy is open on those doubles. make them pay preferably with somebody cutting to rim
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #55 on: May 27, 2018, 11:17:56 AM »

• Dennis Johnson

nah, i do not see that happening in bawstin. maybe with love but he is out. love can light you up. if korver or thug smith start hitting pound them also like lebron. throw them off their game. keep lebron away from rim. run others off line. let lebron shoot jays all night long and i will take my chances
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #56 on: May 27, 2018, 11:30:12 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990

Marc Davis the Celtics hater, yikes. Remember he tossed Rondo out for bumping into him several years ago lol

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #57 on: May 27, 2018, 11:37:22 AM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
9 plus hours til tip off---- Run, Run, and Run is the word of the day for the Celtics. Let's disable Lebron with so much running that by the 4th quarter, he is gasping for breath in his last game as a Cav-

Let our fans show the Cavs No Love tonight! :)

« Reply #58 on: May 27, 2018, 11:38:04 AM »

• Don Nelson

Marc Davis the Celtics hater, yikes. Remember he tossed Rondo out for bumping into him several years ago lol

That was a horrible flashback for today- Minus TP for you- JK

« Reply #59 on: May 27, 2018, 11:39:17 AM »

• Don Nelson

If Jeff Green outplays Horford and our team tonight, then we don't deserve to get to the finals anyway. No excuses for us- Steamroll for 48 minutes!