Author Topic: I'll be the first to apologize  (Read 4342 times)

Re: I'll be the first to apologize
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2013, 10:51:49 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336

In 2008 we had a top 5 player (KG) and two guys in the top 30 (Pierce and Ray)...  These days Ray is gone, Pierce and KG are washed up (not even in the top 50) and Rondo is at most a top 40 player (top 10 point guard).

Those desperately seeking scapegoats are just going to bum themselves out further next year in the Post-KG era when Rondo returns and this team is still Lotto-bound.  Do yourself a favor and prepare for the long Winter.  Andrew Wiggins or Bust.

Quoted for truth.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2013, 10:53:03 AM »

Offline bobbyv

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 32

In 2008 we had a top 5 player (KG) and two guys in the top 30 (Pierce and Ray)...  These days Ray is gone, Pierce and KG are washed up (not even in the top 50) and Rondo is at most a top 40 player (top 10 point guard).

It's fascinating how KG and PP go from looking pretty good getting to the finals 2010 to looking like they need to be put out to pasture against the Heat in 2011 (*when Rondo was injured*) to looking good getting to the ecf last year to looking washed up against the Knicks this year (*when Rondo was injured*). There's a pattern there that you're having trouble putting your finger on, keep looking and you'll figure it out eventually.
Not to mention the fact PP still looked terrible in the playoffs last year. The only reason we got so far was Rondo and a healthy KG

« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2013, 11:03:52 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.

Those desperately seeking scapegoats are just going to bum themselves out further next year in the Post-KG era when Rondo returns and this team is still Lotto-bound.  Do yourself a favor and prepare for the long Winter.  Andrew Wiggins or Bust.

I'm all for tanking while he recovers but lol Rondo is a top 40 player at most?
The current Rondo isn't a top 20 player or top 5 point guard?
Gimme a break man. Did you watch the playoffs last year? Not a top 20 player in the league?

No one's expecting him to be Lebron or Derrick Rose but give him a little respect for god's sake.
There's not much to look forward to without him and I'd be glad if he sat most of next season because with him we possibly scrape into the playoffs and miss out on Wiggins or Parker.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2013, 11:05:02 AM »

Offline bobbyv

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 32

I'm all for tanking while he recovers but lol Rondo is a top 40 player at most?
The current Rondo isn't a top 20 player or top 5 point guard?
Gimme a break man. Did you watch the playoffs last year? Not a top 20 player in the league?

No one's expecting him to be Lebron or Derrick Rose but give him a little respect for god's sake.
There's not much to look forward to without him and I'd be glad if he sat most of next season because with him we possibly scrape into the playoffs and miss out on Wiggins or Parker.
I wouldn't take him to seriously, he thought we could beat the Knicks in 5

« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2013, 11:10:37 AM »

Offline ChainSmokingLikeDino

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 96

Thanks for saving me a bunch of time in the future, from watching Rondo and this team. Now that I've been told with such certainty what will happen it really opens up my schedule.

::)

« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2013, 06:34:59 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Doc has gone completely away from what was working when Rondo went down. And it starts with defense. He's not putting our best defensive players on the floor, we're not moving the ball instead of relying on playing through KG who's missing a crapload of shots, and passing it to Pierce who's ball stopping.

His rotations are out of whack, he never settled on one for the full season.

Doc ill prepared us for the playoffs, and it's a complete shame. What a waste.

Doc changed the offense to something that would try and make up for the fact that the half court offense doesn't work well without Rondo. Sadly, in the playoffs, you have to be able to execute in the half court against a fairly focused defense.

« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2013, 09:50:33 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

I'd be shocked if this team is a legitimate contender for the title next year, but I'm thinking that we could be back in contention as soon as the 2014-2015 season due in large part to the fact that we already have a top 15-20 player in the league in Rajon Rondo who is just entering his prime playing years. 

Obviously, Danny is going to have to make the right moves to add some the right talent to this roster to make that a reality.  Luckily, he's going to have some opportunities to get that done. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson