Poll

Rozier FOR Sabonis + 2018 IND 2nd Rounder?

Yes
16 (28.6%)
No
40 (71.4%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Author Topic: IF We "Sell High" On Rozier... Would You Make This Trade?  (Read 19773 times)

IF We "Sell High" On Rozier... Would You Make This Trade?
« on: April 29, 2018, 04:40:04 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
TRADE IDEA: Rozier FOR Sabonis + 2018 Indiana 2nd Rounder

1. This is assuming Ainge reaches an extension with Smart at a very reasonable rate, and decides to "sell high" on Rozier since he doesn't expect the C's will be able to keep him after NEXT season since he could command a ton elsewhere.

2. We could add Sabonis to the front court with Horford and Theis, and I'm assuming we keep ONE of Monroe/Baynes, so whoever leaves ultimately gets replaced by Sabonis in a sense (who is just 21 years old and still on his rookie contract for 2 more seasons).

Now I wouldn't mind at all if we just keep Scary Terry for next season as great depth while making our title run with a (hopefully) healthy team, and I would actually love if we could keep BOTH Smart + Rozier long term (even if it meant going well into the luxury tax), but realistically I think between Rozier and Smart, Ainge probably keeps Smart primarily because his market won't be as high, and he honestly has that KG-Mentality and makes those "winning plays" that teams need to make to go far in playoffs.

Idk... it's going to be a real tough decision to make and I hate to even suggest an idea that involves trading Scary Terry (during this current playoff run), but... what do you guys think?

I say NO still, but if not this particular idea and you think we should still sell high on Rozier, anyone have any other trade ideas?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 04:45:26 PM by Phantom255x »
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Honestly, I think Indiana would be the team that would want additional compensation in a Rozier for Sabonis swap.

Sabonis is really good.

Re: IF We "Sell High" On Rozier... Would You Make This Trade?
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2018, 04:45:05 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I don't think Smart is resigned. I feel a team like the Magic will go hard for him looking for a guy with grit to help change their team identity.

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Honestly, I think Indiana would be the team that would want additional compensation in a Rozier for Sabonis swap.

Sabonis is really good.

Yeah, but Rozier is definitely proving himself as a starting PG (which is what IND could use alongside Oladipo), so maybe just a Rozier for Sabonis kind of swap?

I don't think Smart is resigned. I feel a team like the Magic will go hard for him looking for a guy with grit to help change their team identity.

Maybe, but my guess is, Smart gets re-signed at something around 4/40M. If ORL makes an offer like 4/60M+ though, then yeah he's gone. I truthfully don't think they will make that kind of offer though.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2018, 04:47:36 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Indy declines quickly IMO

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2018, 04:54:08 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
I don't know if this is the trade but I think there will be plenty of teams calling Ainge for the services of Scary Terry.

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2018, 05:04:01 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
As much as I lump on Rozier, I still think that he would be the best player in that trade, so no.

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2018, 05:23:26 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
I like Sabonis, but no, I would not trade Rozier for the guy. If you want a big man, and I do, I'd at least attempt to find a way to acquire Justin Patton for Kyrie Irving, but I'm nuts, lol ;D.

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2018, 05:32:53 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
I like Sabonis, but no, I would not trade Rozier for the guy. If you want a big man, and I do, I'd at least attempt to find a way to acquire Justin Patton for Kyrie Irving, but I'm nuts, lol ;D.
Just to be clear here.

BEAT LA has proposed trading Kyrie Irving for a big man picked 16th overall in last years draft who missed this entire season with a broken foot. He has played 4 minutes in the NBA...
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2018, 05:57:52 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan

I agree on that part.

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2018, 06:23:03 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

I agree on that part.

Hehe, TP ;D.

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2018, 06:28:34 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Indy declines quickly IMO
This, but I think maybe you make the phone call

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2018, 06:33:04 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
Just to be clear here.

BEAT LA has proposed trading Kyrie Irving for a big man picked 16th overall in last years draft who missed this entire season with a broken foot. He has played 4 minutes in the NBA...

First, thanks, Captain Obvious ::) ;D, and second, while I would do that deal, it's not possible because of salaries, anyway, plus Irving did have Minnesota as one of his preferred destinations, among others, prior to his being dealt to Boston. I think.

Besides, who needs Kyrie when we've got Rozier, lol? #TradeDatBum ;D These statements are as much jokes as they are actual proposals, btw. Yeesh.

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2018, 07:03:40 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
This survey is missing the option "Indiana is not giving you Sabonis AND a pick".
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2018, 07:22:54 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Where did “Scary Terry” come from?  It’s horrible and doesn’t even rhyme.  I’ve been seeing and hearing it a lot in the last few days.