Author Topic: Ryan Braun tests positive for PEDs  (Read 2461 times)

Ryan Braun tests positive for PEDs
« on: December 10, 2011, 09:11:36 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25621
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
National League MVP Ryan Braun, who last season led the Milwaukee Brewers to their first division title in nearly three decades, has tested positive for a performance-enhancing drug and faces a 50-game suspension if the initial finding is upheld, two sources familiar with the case told "Outside the Lines."

He tested positive for synthetic testosterone.  Just what MLB needed.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Re: Ryan Braun tests positive for PEDs
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 11:09:46 AM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
Yesterday's decision, while fine by me, is the posterboy illustration of the dog and pony show the whole MLB drug policy is.  From shamelessly milking the McGuire/Sosa era for every penny to the hysterically ridiculous sham that was the "mitchell report" to now Manny's bizarre suspension reduction to etc etc etc.  

I have no problem with the decision on Braun.  It's consistent with MLB's policy where no current MLB player will be held accountable.   After watching Selig's silly indignance and the ridiculous fraud of an "investigation" that appears to be what rolled out this drug policy, how could the MLB drug policy have any credibility whatsoever?

They will never penalize a current MLB star.  They'll go after faded stars and bit players to try to show their sham of a policy has teeth.  
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 11:18:45 AM by Finkelskyhook »

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 11:10:43 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Wow. They really cleaned up that sport....waiting for all the people who don't care about PEDs in football, hockey, or basketball to care about this

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 11:18:50 AM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.
They can continue to say he was exonerated by the chain of custody appeal...but I'm going to continue to believe the rumor that his VD medication set off a false positive and he didn't disclose it until it was too late.
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 11:32:56 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
As one of the rare Brewer fans here, I'm just happy (and surprised) this was overturned.  I didn't believe he was PEDs.  We'll have to see how he plays next year since there's no way he'll be getting anywhere near them now.