Author Topic: I'm watching this right now. You should watch too  (Read 67490 times)

Re: I'm watching this right now. You should watch too
« Reply #120 on: January 21, 2022, 11:05:23 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Anybody watched Archive81?  It's a creepy, occult / horror mystery series based around found footage in a hotel.  I'm about 75% of the way through, and I'm enjoying it.  It's not perfect, but I dig the atmosphere.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #121 on: January 21, 2022, 11:24:40 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
We've gotten into Yellowstone on Paramount+ which is pretty good, but the spinoff show 1883 is arguably better.

1883 pushes the boundaries of decency on the Oregon Trail depicting the conflict between the settlers and cowboys of the time. You do not need to watch Yellowstone (Currently in Season 4) to watch 1883.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2022, 12:45:49 PM by Smartacus »

« Reply #122 on: January 21, 2022, 11:26:32 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
We've gotten into Yellowstone on Paramount+ which is pretty good, but the spinoff show 1883 is arguably better.

1883 pushes the boundaries of decency on the Oregon Trail depicting the conflict between the settlers and cowboys of the time. You do not need to watch Yellowstone (Currently in Season 3) to watch 1883.

I like both shows a lot, although I wasn't the hugest fan of Season 4.

I'm looking forward to the return of Ozark tonight.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #123 on: January 21, 2022, 11:43:33 AM »

Offline todd_days_41

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 1074
  • B2B 2022 and 2023 Trade Deadline Guru

1883 pushes the boundaries of decency on the Oregon Trail depicting the conflict between the settlers and cowboys of the time. You do not need to watch Yellowstone (Currently in Season 3) to watch 1883.

As someone who wrote their college thesis on the American Frontier (and the role of the Western in reflecting the American social and political environment from era to era over time), I'm looking forward to seeing if 1883 is for real.

Yellowstone has gone off the deep end, IMO, like many of today's series that simply generate too many seasons and too much content for a pretty simple story line that not-too-long ago would have been delivered via motion picture or "mini series". Instead, they become diluted with silliness and repetition like a Soap Opera.

Beth, in particular, has become ridiculous. She could be featured in Zoolander or Scary Movie and not be out of place.

That said, one is left to wonder.... if Deadwood had been made today in the current climate, would they have finished it properly? My favorite show ever.

« Reply #124 on: January 21, 2022, 12:13:52 PM »

Offline heyvik

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 75

I am too as this is literally the only show that has kept my watching every moment. I heard there are 16 episodes in Season 4 and I can't wait until the conclusion.

« Reply #125 on: January 21, 2022, 12:15:02 PM »

Offline heyvik

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 75
Has anyone else here watched a show on Netflix called "DARK"? It has subtitles and is German, but it is sooooo good but also very long and intricate BUT worth it.

« Reply #126 on: January 21, 2022, 12:24:09 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Has anyone else here watched a show on Netflix called "DARK"? It has subtitles and is German, but it is sooooo good but also very long and intricate BUT worth it.

That was a weird, good series.  Basically, I thoroughly enjoyed it, but never really had any sort of idea of what was going on.

« Reply #127 on: January 21, 2022, 12:58:26 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
Anybody watched Archive81?  It's a creepy, occult / horror mystery series based around found footage in a hotel.  I'm about 75% of the way through, and I'm enjoying it.  It's not perfect, but I dig the atmosphere.

I know the pace probably adds to the anticipation and isolated feelings, but does it pick up? I started the first episode but it felt like it was dragging.

« Reply #128 on: January 21, 2022, 12:59:17 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291

1883 pushes the boundaries of decency on the Oregon Trail depicting the conflict between the settlers and cowboys of the time. You do not need to watch Yellowstone (Currently in Season 4) to watch 1883.

I'm not usually this out of the loop, but I only heard that Yellowstone existed maybe a month ago, and apparently it's a big deal?

« Reply #129 on: March 02, 2022, 05:50:55 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
I just finished Vikings Valhalla.  It was entertaining, but they doubled down on the Mary Sue aspect, and whatever the nickname is for unflawed male characters.

« Reply #130 on: March 02, 2022, 06:25:30 PM »

Offline Silas

• 2020 CelticsStrong Draft Guru
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1807
Recently watched the the Amazon version of Reacher.  The fellow who plays Reacher (not Tom Cruise) doesn't say much but he plays a tough guy who I enjoyed.  You might want to check it out. 
I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.   -  Mark Twain

« Reply #131 on: March 03, 2022, 07:38:42 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166

I'm not usually this out of the loop, but I only heard that Yellowstone existed maybe a month ago, and apparently it's a big deal?

Yeah, TP for fessing up.

Taylor Sheridan is about to own TV!

Current:  Yellowstone, 1883, Mayor of Kingstown
Future:  Four-sixes, 1932, Tulsa King, Bass Reeves, Lioness, Land Man, Fast

He already has had some hit movie's too; Sicario and Sicario: Day of the Soldado, Wind River, Without Remorse.

I also like the fact, he writes himself in for some bit parts in some of the shows.   :D

I don't want to give anything away, but the 1883 season 1 finale was spectacular!
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #132 on: March 03, 2022, 07:53:11 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Yeah, TP for fessing up.

Taylor Sheridan is about to own TV!

Current:  Yellowstone, 1883, Mayor of Kingstown
Future:  Four-sixes, 1932, Tulsa King, Bass Reeves, Lioness, Land Man, Fast

He already has had some hit movie's too; Sicario and Sicario: Day of the Soldado, Wind River, Without Remorse.

I also like the fact, he writes himself in for some bit parts in some of the shows.   :D

I don't want to give anything away, but the 1883 season 1 finale was spectacular!

I'm surprised that 1883 isn't getting a second season.  I suppose that 1932 is its "sequel", but I figured they'd ride the money train as long as they could, even absent a couple of characters.

« Reply #133 on: March 03, 2022, 08:04:53 AM »

Offline seancally

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 119

That was a weird, good series.  Basically, I thoroughly enjoyed it, but never really had any sort of idea of what was going on.

LOVED the first two seasons, thought the third should’ve been broken up into 2 as it felt kinda rushed. Almost like they didn’t get renewed and needed to wrap it up. But still a really fun, mindbending show and maybe the best depiction of time travel on screen I’ve seen.
"The game honors toughness." - President Stevens

« Reply #134 on: March 03, 2022, 08:06:53 AM »

Offline seancally

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 119
Relevant to "the last dance"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZUTCHscbZo

A docu about 1987 Yugoslavia team that won the Jr World Cup in Bormio

Kukoc, Radja,Divac etc.....

ESPN did a 30 for 30 on that topic called Once Brothers… excellent.
"The game honors toughness." - President Stevens