Author Topic: Reaching for Celtics negativity  (Read 1070 times)

Reaching for Celtics negativity
« on: December 27, 2023, 12:50:18 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
All the negativity that’s in this town sucks, I get that, but hear me out:

The Celtics are just 3-2 in games decided by 3 or fewer points. They are also now 0-3 in overtime games. The Celtics have now fallen out of the top 5 in PPG.

Do any of these things concern you?

Re: Reaching for Celtics negativity
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2023, 05:18:26 AM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
Not concerned at all. They're 3rd in O rating and tied for 4th in D rating. They just play at a slower pace than the teams that need to run and gun to win like Indy or Milwaukee, who both have bottom-10 defenses. Philly has been beating up a paltry schedule. OT is almost always variance, and the C's this year are the team lacking momentum since they're the ones who've been playing from ahead and losing the lead prior to OT. 3-2 in close games is a 49 win pace. One more close win and it's a 55-win pace. They've won more games than any team this year, so most of them were big.

Re: Reaching for Celtics negativity
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2023, 07:17:20 AM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 264
  • International Superstar
Agreed with GL - not worried about it. Sure I’d prefer we won those games, but it’s a small sample.
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.