Author Topic: Should Joe keep playing Kornet?  (Read 8789 times)

Re: Should Joe keep playing Kornet?
« Reply #45 on: January 01, 2024, 09:03:02 AM »

Online jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
With a healthy line-up, I prefer Queta getting [low] rotation minutes off the bench. He provides something nobody else on the team provides and the can be useful against tough matchups.

Kornet probably slots in better as a part-time starter, kind-of like how we used Blake last year when we gave Al a night off. He's so familiar with the system and the players. It's also probably why he looks really good against bad teams. Alley-oops aside, he just lacks the potential to be real game changer, but it is cool that he has such good chemistry with our regulars. I'm really happy to see him actually produce rather than just fit in lately.

« Reply #46 on: January 01, 2024, 01:40:16 PM »

Offline Yuckabuck33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 172
With a healthy line-up, I prefer Queta getting [low] rotation minutes off the bench. He provides something nobody else on the team provides and the can be useful against tough matchups.

Kornet probably slots in better as a part-time starter, kind-of like how we used Blake last year when we gave Al a night off. He's so familiar with the system and the players. It's also probably why he looks really good against bad teams. Alley-oops aside, he just lacks the potential to be real game changer, but it is cool that he has such good chemistry with our regulars. I'm really happy to see him actually produce rather than just fit in lately.
I don't think our 3rd string center needs to be a "game changer." Who was the 1986 3rd string center? Greg Kite? Queta's ceiling right now seems to be Greg Kite- come in with energy and muscle, probably won't do much on offense besides rebound and putbacks, and just don't make two many mistakes. If we could only put Kornet's BB IQ and skills in Queta's body!

« Reply #47 on: January 01, 2024, 04:22:17 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549

I don't think our 3rd string center needs to be a "game changer." Who was the 1986 3rd string center? Greg Kite? Queta's ceiling right now seems to be Greg Kite- come in with energy and muscle, probably won't do much on offense besides rebound and putbacks, and just don't make two many mistakes. If we could only put Kornet's BB IQ and skills in Queta's body!
the 3rd center also happens to be the 3rd big since we have 0 PF's on the team that you can actually play.  I'd say the 3rd big is pretty important.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2024, 05:36:22 PM by Moranis »
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip