Author Topic: Bulpett: Brown, Celtics Could Seek June Divorce  (Read 5810 times)

Re: Bulpett: Brown, Celtics Could Seek June Divorce
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2022, 06:55:03 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
coming from anybody but Bulpett I would write this off as rank speculation. but I don't think SB would put this out there unless it were coming from somebody with reason to know.

I assume this means that Brown has expressed internally that he's not interested in sticking around here long term unless things start trending toward being a relevant team again.
You値l have to excuse my lengthiness葉he reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2022, 06:56:33 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
Lol a rival exec trying to stir up crap. That's all this is.

I don't know, Jaylen was 23 in the ECF, watched the team let Hayward walk over tax concerns, missed last playoffs injured, watched Fournier walk over tax concerns, and now he's 25 and the team's talking about dumping salary and punting because obviously the team has another 7-8 years of the Jays to get it right.

I'd be annoyed at the ownership group cheaping out and taking me for granted too.

this is why I just can't understand at all why many people still talk like the Celtics have unlimited time to figure it out with the Jays.

forget about how young the Jays are. the relevant number is the amount of years left on Jaylen's deal.  he's got two seasons after this one.  if Jaylen decides to be gone, Tatum will be next.  Two seasons, that's the ticking clock.
You値l have to excuse my lengthiness葉he reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2022, 06:59:13 PM »

Kiorrik

Whatever's happening with JB, there's definitely a lotta smoke.

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2022, 07:11:03 PM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1696
Weird timing, given that the Celtics just had a solid month of January.  This is the kind of article I would have expected a month ago.

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2022, 07:31:45 PM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254
Weird timing, given that the Celtics just had a solid month of January.  This is the kind of article I would have expected a month ago.

Does anyone really believe there is any actual journalism behind this?

« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2022, 07:34:47 PM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 483

What a crock.  It's so opinion based it was annoying to read.   Flipping click bait.

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2022, 07:40:33 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish

I feel like this often happens, where there's some lag time between a reporter getting sources together and actually putting the story out.  I would guess that conversations that form the basis for the article occurred a few weeks ago.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2022, 07:48:14 PM »

Offline bogg

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 51

I feel like this often happens, where there's some lag time between a reporter getting sources together and actually putting the story out.  I would guess that conversations that form the basis for the article occurred a few weeks ago.

I think it's very specifically tied to next week's trade deadline, and it's Jaylen putting ownership on notice to get off their wallet and use the TPEs to fix the bench.

« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2022, 07:50:30 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 991

Could be.  Could also be that Bulpett lost his sources in the recent front office and coaching transitions, and is now writing for a publication that doesn稚 really care about accuracy.

« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2022, 08:09:36 PM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1696

I'd be inclined to agree, but Bulpett isn't known as a bulls***ter. 

Is this vague?  Sure.  But it's not likely garbage.

« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2022, 08:47:02 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

Could be.  Could also be that Bulpett lost his sources in the recent front office and coaching transitions, and is now writing for a publication that doesn稚 really care about accuracy.

That one could be true as well.

« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2022, 08:47:14 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Heavy.com is miserable.

« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2022, 09:40:59 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1016
Start looking for trade partners while Brown's value is still high...

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2022, 09:46:19 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
Start looking for trade partners while Brown's value is still high...

I don't think you need to worry about his value dropping. Jaylen is what he is now: A perennial all-star.

His return will be multiple firsts and prospects, or a similar quality player (like Beal, Lillard, Paul George)
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2022, 09:58:09 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Beal would be great.

Ironic that if JB wants out cause the team sucks, one of the biggest reasons the team sucks is because his pick, (D)Ime Uchoka, his hand selected, check ALL the boxes, guy he has so much in common with,  has cost this team contention this year.

Trade his arse, and tell him to take Uchoka with him.