Author Topic: Charlotte/Indy trade idea  (Read 904 times)

Charlotte/Indy trade idea
« on: January 25, 2022, 04:24:13 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
Charlotte gets
Myles Turner
T J Warren
Torrey Craig

Indiana gets
Gordon Hayward
Mason Plumlee

Perfect match for both teams as Hornets needs a Center while Hayward goes back home to help Indy
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

Re: Charlotte/Indy trade idea
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2022, 07:00:16 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
What's in it for Indy? Hayward looks cooked to me.

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2022, 07:48:54 AM »

Online CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
I doubt Hayward gets moved.

I could see a Plumlee, Washington, and a protected 1st for Turner trade working for both teams.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2022, 08:23:21 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Why would Charlotte breakup their team? They are having the best season since they moved back there and Hayward is the 2nd biggest reason why.

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2022, 08:29:54 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2022, 08:53:50 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
The way to look at Myles Turner is that he is a great option if he is your 4th best player.

If he is your 3rd best player, your top 2 guys need to be MVP candidates like Shaq & Kobe or LeBron & AD which is not the case for Charlotte. Their top two players are LaMelo (All-Star) and Hayward (borderline All-Star) who would be leaving in this deal so Terry Rozier (middle of the pack starter) or Turner (above average starter) would be the new 2nd best player.

Which brings us to Turner as your 2nd best player which means your team sucks. He is nowhere near good enough to be that.

Charlotte going all-in on Turner would be a terrible move for them. Now if they can get him cheap and slot in alongside LaMelo, Hayward, Rozier and Bridges then you are onto something. Heck you could even move Bridges for him and replace Bridges with PJ Washington if you did not want to pay Bridges but ideally you'd pay Bridges and keep that group together.

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2022, 08:57:08 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
I am conflicted on Hayward for Indiana.

On one hand, he is too old and their team is too dysfunctional and far away from competing for a title to be wasting assets & cap flexibility on Hayward (similar complaint when CHA signed Hayward).

On the other hand, he'd be very helpful. He is much more skilled than Caris LeVert. He gives them a two-pronged attack on the perimeter with Brogdon. They have Sabonis on the interior. That is a three-dimensional offense that you surround with shooters /role players and make something dangerous. Defense would leave a lot to be desired and hard to see it being more than a one & done or two & done playoff team.

Anyway, I'd rather see Indiana take a long term approach and provide a vision for the future rather than scrambling from one mess to another trying to put fires out. That is bad management. They need to get away from that.