Author Topic: Trade idea Schroder for White.  (Read 2224 times)

Trade idea Schroder for White.
« on: January 24, 2022, 07:13:41 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3176
I'd trade Schroder for Colby White in a heartbeat. The Bulls need a vet point with Lonzo and Caruso both out. We could use a young point coming off the bench.

Re: Trade idea Schroder for White.
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2022, 07:30:09 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
what incentive does Chicago have to do this?

is Schroder really much better, if at all, than White is right now?
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2022, 07:31:31 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

Yeah, I think he's better right now.

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2022, 07:36:39 PM »

Offline sgrogan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25

I guess that because they are in contention they would want a more proven NBA vet.
If I were the Celt's I would do it in a heartbeat.

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2022, 07:48:23 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

I guess that because they are in contention they would want a more proven NBA vet.

Seems like a win/win... But I'm a Celtics fan...  ;D

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2022, 07:52:29 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986
My gut says they’d be looking for a bigger return than Schröder, but I’m for the trade if it’s an option.

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2022, 07:53:30 PM »

Offline todd_days_41

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 1074
  • B2B 2022 and 2023 Trade Deadline Guru
Keep rubbin' that lamp.... hope a genie comes out.

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2022, 08:05:59 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

I haven't watched much Coby White but by the numbers it seems like if there is a difference it's not huge. White is on a rookie contract, has one more year, and then the Bulls (or whoever trades for him) would have bird rights. Schroder is an expiring and the Bulls will not get his bird rights b/c it's a one year deal.

Just doesn't seem like enough of an upgrade just to get a guy who is more experienced and maybe more disciplined to be your starting point guard for 6 weeks while you wait for Lonzo to come back.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2022, 08:19:01 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

I haven't watched much Coby White but by the numbers it seems like if there is a difference it's not huge. White is on a rookie contract, has one more year, and then the Bulls (or whoever trades for him) would have bird rights. Schroder is an expiring and the Bulls will not get his bird rights b/c it's a one year deal.

Just doesn't seem like enough of an upgrade just to get a guy who is more experienced and maybe more disciplined to be your starting point guard for 6 weeks while you wait for Lonzo to come back.

You can lose a lot of ground in six weeks.

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2022, 08:20:35 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
My gut says they’d be looking for a bigger return than Schröder, but I’m for the trade if it’s an option.

I'm sure they are but they've been trying to trade White away for a bit. Chicago has to go all in on the year they are having.

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2022, 11:49:58 PM »

Online radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1237

I'm sure they are but they've been trying to trade White away for a bit. Chicago has to go all in on the year they are having.

Isn’t White just a younger version of Schroder though? It’s a good trade off but I’d still want us to get a real pass first point guard. White i think is more of a scoring point guard?

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2022, 11:56:34 PM »

Offline Rikibellevie

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 282

Sorry but for me Bulls are not in contention. Like we were not in contention when we were 1st in the east with IT and Horord. The two only contenders in the east are Bucks and (very maybe) Nets. Not Bulls, nor Heat or Cavs.

This trade has no interest for the Bulls as they won't win anything without Ball (and probably with him either). It has also not realy sens for us, as we try to have money for next FA, very probably, even if most don't see that happening.

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2022, 06:51:23 AM »

Offline Wretch

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
I think white is more valuable than Schoder, especially to the Bulls. That said I wonder if Richardson might be interesting to them. He has a lot of the same skills/strengths as Caruso. He supposedly has played PG in the past so he could also eat some minutes that would normally go to Lonzo.

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2022, 07:56:06 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
I proposed a White for Schroeder based trade right after reddish was traded. My hope was that Reddish would set Whites trade value. Since then he has gotten healthy and other players hurt causing his minutes and production to go up. I doubt he is moved at this point.

As for fit I think he can grow into a capable PG and his shooting would make him a great fit next to the Jays. I also like that his size allows him to slide over to SG should the Cs find (or Pritchard develops) a better in ball PG option.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2022, 09:20:36 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404

Sorry but for me Bulls are not in contention. Like we were not in contention when we were 1st in the east with IT and Horord. The two only contenders in the east are Bucks and (very maybe) Nets. Not Bulls, nor Heat or Cavs.

This trade has no interest for the Bulls as they won't win anything without Ball (and probably with him either). It has also not realy sens for us, as we try to have money for next FA, very probably, even if most don't see that happening.

I agree with you on the Bulls and Cavs not being contenders. Cleveland is nowhere near. Their W-L is deceptive. They are over-achieving and not that talented. The Bulls are talented but still a piece away from being a legit title contender in my view.

I love Lonzo and LaVine as the backcourt but I am less convinced by DeRozan and Vucevic. Both of those guys have been more regular season than playoff performers in the past. Vucevic because of his lack of defense. DeRozan because he has has struggled with scoring efficiency against elite athletes / defenders / team defenses that you meet in the playoffs.

I feel the Bulls need one more player to make that mix work as a title contender. That player may already be on their team but he has missed this season with injury and that is Patrick Williams If he can become what they believe he is capable of, he might be that final piece of the puzzle but he is not that today. Chicago is not a contender this season as currently built. They either need a trade for one more substantial piece or to be patient and hope Pat Williams develops quickly before DeRozan or Vucevic fall off into decline.

Why do you think Miami is not a contender?

I like their team. Adebayo and Jimmy Butler is a great foundation to build off of. Lowry has fitted in as well as a vet leader and glue guy. Duncan Robinson is a dangerous shooter. Their young SG whose name I can't think of right now is very good. He is having a big season. Great coach. I like what they are doing and believe they are capable of making a postseason push. Their record isn't great but there is good talent & balance there. They are dangerous.

I have the Nets as the team to beat and Milwaukee & Miami as legit contenders behind them.

Philly are the team best positioned to join if they can find a suitable Ben Simmons trade before the deadline. If not, nope not a contender.