Author Topic: Rockets would offer wall for Westbrook  (Read 1479 times)

Rockets would offer wall for Westbrook
« on: January 21, 2022, 10:39:30 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

Re: Rockets would offer wall for Westbrook
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2022, 10:52:21 PM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
The Lakers gave up a first round pick plus three rotation players in Kyle Kuzma, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope and Montrezl Harrell in order to acquire Westbrook from the Washington Wizards.

Amazing. Forgot about that.

Would love for this Wall-Westbrooke trade to go down. The same players getting traded for each other is just too amazing to me.

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2022, 01:02:30 AM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 979
The Lakers gave up a first round pick plus three rotation players in Kyle Kuzma, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope and Montrezl Harrell in order to acquire Westbrook from the Washington Wizards.

Would love for this Wall-Westbrooke trade to go down. The same players getting traded for each other is just too amazing to me.

Houston got a 1st for taking Wall.  If they get a 1st for taking Westbrook back a year later, that’s an all-time move.

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2022, 01:10:08 AM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

Houston got a 1st for taking Wall.  If they get a 1st for taking Westbrook back a year later, that’s an all-time move.

C's gotta stay patient, otherwise you're gonna end up swapping crappy point guards for each other and losing firsts in the process.

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2022, 07:47:13 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
It would be pretty funny if that trade were to happen.  I'm not sure if I'm rooting for it to happen or not, because I'm looking forward to seeing Westbrook playing for the Lakers in the playoffs.  As bad as Westbrook has been for the Lakers, I think the playoff pressure might bring an implosion that we haven't fully seen yet.  That might be more enjoyable as a Celtics fan than seeing them give up on Westbrook and losing a draft pick.  Either way, it doesn't seem like Celtics fans can really lose regarding the Lakers this year.

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2022, 08:41:26 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

It would really only [mostly] be digging themselves out of the huge hole they created. They gave up Chris Paul, 2 1sts, and 2 pick swaps to acquire Westbrook in the first place. And can we all think about this for a second? It took all of those picks and swaps to get off of crappy, washed-up Chris Paul back in 2019 - and now look where we are.

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2022, 09:55:18 AM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509

What’s the difference if you are the Lakers front office?  Anything is worth trying because unlike any other NBA franchise you can easily retool within 5 years.  Celtics, or any other franchise can’t take too many risks because they can’t count on the best players in the league manipulating their way onto their team as with the Lakers. Might as well try Wall if all they can get is a comparable player and contract. Nothing to lose and maybe Wall turns out better than RW.  Most relevant is that the next generation Laker championship contender is only a 2-3 years away as Lebron’s and JW/RW contracts expire at the end of next year. It’s just a matter of which superstars will join Anthony Davis. 

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2022, 09:56:21 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

It would really only [mostly] be digging themselves out of the huge hole they created. They gave up Chris Paul, 2 1sts, and 2 pick swaps to acquire Westbrook in the first place. And can we all think about this for a second? It took all of those picks and swaps to get off of crappy, washed-up Chris Paul back in 2019 - and now look where we are.

Exactly! TP!