Author Topic: Anyone else taking a break from watching?  (Read 4339 times)

Re: Anyone else taking a break from watching?
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2022, 10:16:02 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
This is not a fun team to watch. It's boring basketball plus they're just not very good. There's not a whole lot of reward for time spent watching these guys so I've been watching a lot less.

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2022, 10:32:26 PM »

Online SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2003
I'd like to take a break but I just can't help tuning in.  For the first time in probably over 10 years I turned off one of the games earlier this season in the 3rd quarter though.

Bring on the pain.  I miss parts of games because of work but if I have time I will watch every game, as unenjoyable as it is sometimes.

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2022, 12:12:51 AM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 732
Definitely have reduced my attention to the Celtics. Usually I would always watch and if not available, I follow the play-by-play gamecast. The team plays dumb basketball and their lack of a competitive mindset just makes it worse. And our socially-responsible-hire of a head coach has blown up in Brad and the owners' faces, with the fans left to suffer. What a disaster.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2022, 01:00:06 AM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
I generally just follow the score but always end up tuning in for the 4th quarter. Which is the worst one to watch!  :-[

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2022, 01:11:50 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Taking a break but not by choice…can’t watch games here in LA and the time they are on I’m usually still out. Back in Boston the first week of Feb and will be watching them all again then. I’ve watched games thru thick and thin, good and bad over the decades, this years team isn’t even the most unwatchable I’ve ever seen, compared to some of those late 90s teams :angel:
« Last Edit: January 22, 2022, 01:17:46 AM by ozgod »
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2022, 01:18:46 AM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1237
Definitely have reduced my attention to the Celtics. Usually I would always watch and if not available, I follow the play-by-play gamecast. The team plays dumb basketball and their lack of a competitive mindset just makes it worse. And our socially-responsible-hire of a head coach has blown up in Brad and the owners' faces, with the fans left to suffer. What a disaster.

I envy the Bulls for swooping in on Donovan when he became available. What a great hire.

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2022, 02:28:26 AM »

Offline DocomoCelts

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 24
After tonight, yeah. Just about can't deal with this anymore. It's not the winning or losing but just how unlikeable this coach and this team are.

« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2022, 03:59:09 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
I've watched pretty religiously since the 60s. If they were on, I'd be watching unless work or family obligations got in the way. Never been more frustrated with the Cs than I am with this edition. Last couple of weeks, I just turn the game off even when they're ahead when they start letting leads slip away. Can't stop tuning in, but I'm getting there, especially after this clusterF.

« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2022, 04:05:53 AM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
This is not a fun team to watch. It's boring basketball plus they're just not very good. There's not a whole lot of reward for time spent watching these guys so I've been watching a lot less.

Sad, but true. Other than lobs to Rob, this team is a snorefest.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2022, 09:58:40 AM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
This is my last year of paying for League Pass.  I live in Michigan so that's what I've done for years.  I'll always love the C's but I HATE this team.

« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2022, 10:12:30 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I turned off the game last night after the first quarter, which is pretty unusual for me.  Once I've allocated the time to watch, I generally watch the whole thing. That said, turning it off wasn't only because they were playing dumb, boring basketball. "Life's challenges" (family/personal health and house problems) are taking more of my attention these days. Watching C's games is one of the few entertainment options I've retained in the face of all these personal issues. (I used to watch about 50% of Red Sox and many Patriots games too, along with a handful of other TV programs, but no more.) However, if C's games are not going to be truly entertaining, then there are better ways to enjoy my precious-little free time.

I'll still follow the team, but change is needed.  My biggest concern right now is that Jayson Tatum has developed some bad habits that may not be breakable in a C's uniform.

« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2022, 10:13:36 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

I'm like a moth drawn to the light.  I just can't stop watching.

A cruel fate.
Yup

« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2022, 10:16:17 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404

A cruel fate.

I find replacing current NBA games with old school NBA games works well for me when I need a break. Youtube has so many games on there nowadays.

« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2022, 10:21:40 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

A cruel fate.

I find replacing current NBA games with old school NBA games works well for me when I need a break. Youtube has so many games on there nowadays.

I watched this one the other day.  I was at this game.  The crowd's reaction was pretty unique.  I think everyone in the stands understood that they were witnessing a great team at their peek, and were just soaking it in.

One other thing that struck me, was how excited the crowd got whenever Larry had a chance to take a 3.

Also, the starting 5 played the entire 3rd quarter!

https://youtu.be/UZ3I2iuaX-0
Yup

« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2022, 10:43:28 AM »

Offline jpd985

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
I started a new game of the Witcher 3. Far more enjoyable right now.