Author Topic: Sacramento / Ben Simmons  (Read 5844 times)

Sacramento / Ben Simmons
« on: January 19, 2022, 04:39:55 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
One source said Sacramento is considering to package Buddy Hield, Tyrese Haliburton, Harrison Barnes and two first-round picks for Simmons, Harris and Matisse Thybulle. However, the source said the Sixers aren’t interested in that package

If that’s a real offer, Philly won’t do better.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Re: Sacramento / Ben Simmons
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2022, 04:42:47 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Don't blame them. That deal doesn't make them better.

Simmons for that package is great but losing T.Harris and Thybulle as well? Too much. That new-look Sixers team is barely any better than their current team without Simmons.

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2022, 04:42:49 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
I'm surprised that Haliburton is on the table.  Man I sure wish we could entice the Kings with a non Jays deal to get him.

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2022, 04:42:59 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986
One source said Sacramento is considering to package Buddy Hield, Tyrese Haliburton, Harrison Barnes and two first-round picks for Simmons, Harris and Matisse Thybulle. However, the source said the Sixers aren’t interested in that package

I guess Morey would be holding out for Fox instead of Hield in that package?  But really, I can't believe that'd be an offer that was turned down.  In addition to it being an upgrade to their team this year, it would eliminate their tax bill and make it possible for them to have about $16-18 million in cap space next summer.  It would not be difficult to trade Hield in the offseason to get near James Harden cap space if that's Morey's ultimate goal.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2022, 04:52:13 PM by Celtics2021 »

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2022, 04:46:22 PM »

Offline sgrogan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25

Agreed, this looks terrible for Sac.

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2022, 04:46:43 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
Present Sixers without B.Simmons

G: Maxey, Milton
G: Seth Curry, Korkmaz
F: Danny Green, Thybulle
F: T.Harris, Niang
C: Embiid, Drummond

New Look Sixers

G: Haliburton, Maxey
G: Hield, Seth Curry
F: Danny Green, Korkmaz
F: H.Barnes, Niang

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2022, 04:49:32 PM »

Offline BruceBanner18

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 73

Simmons for that package is great but losing T.Harris and Thybulle as well? Too much. That new-look Sixers team is barely any better than their current team without Simmons.

Your opinion of Tobias Harris is evidently much more favorable than mine. He definitely isn't worth $80 million over the next two seasons.

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2022, 04:51:45 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith

Your opinion of Tobias Harris is evidently much more favorable than mine. He definitely isn't worth $80 million over the next two seasons.

He isn't worth the money but he is still a good player. Thybulle is a good player as well. They are losing two important players (or 1 important and 1 good bench player) in addition to B.Simmons.

They are getting 3 good players back, yes .... but they are losing 3 good players [edit: 2 good players + Simmons] in the deal also.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2022, 05:00:20 PM by Who »

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2022, 04:55:40 PM »

Offline BruceBanner18

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown

Agreed, this looks terrible for Sac.

It can't be a real offer, can it? I guess the Kings will do what the Kings typically do...

If they DO do this they could end up with 3 of the worst contacts in the league this time next year and down 2 draft picks to boot. smh

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2022, 04:55:49 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986

He isn't worth the money but he is still a good player. Thybulle is a good player as well. They are losing two important players (or 1 important and 1 good bench player) in addition to B.Simmons.

They are getting 3 good players back, yes .... but they are losing 3 good players in the deal also.

No, from this year's team they're losing good players, because Simmons doesn't play.  And going forward next summer they could pretty easily get max cap space if they moved Hield to add a star next to Embied.

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2022, 04:56:07 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
New Look Kings

G: D.Fox, Davion Mitchell
G: ?? ??? Terrence Davis
F: B.Simmons, Thybulle
F: T.Harris, Bagley
C: R.Holmes, T.Thompson

That is a pretty mismatched squad. Two forwards who can can't shoot in Thybulle and Simmons. Two centers who can't shoot. A PG with a dodgy shot. No real two guards on the roster. Bagley has a sketchy shot too.

I don't like Fox and Simmons together. I'd much rather move Fox and keep Haliburton.

They'd need to make a lot moves in the offseason to make this workable / team function well.

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2022, 04:57:18 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith

They are getting 3 good players back, yes .... but they are losing 3 good players in the deal also.

No, from this year's team they're losing good players, because Simmons doesn't play.  And going forward next summer they could pretty easily get max cap space if they moved Hield to add a star next to Embied.

So this is a cap dump?

So the keep Haliburton and dump Hield and H.Barnes? Is that correct? And then they can afford a star player?

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2022, 05:03:28 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
I believe the 76ers would be better off with CJ McCollum for B.Simmons and keeping the rest of their roster the way it is.

G: Maxey, Milton
G: CJ McCollum, Seth Curry
F: Danny Green, Thybulle
F: T.Harris, Niang

Nice three man guard rotation with Maxey, McCollum and Seth Curry. Two solid backups behind them in Milton and Korkmaz. Four good forwards in Toby Harris, Danny Green, Thybulle and Niang. Two good centers in Embiid and Drummond.

Deep team. Three shot creators in CJ, Embiid and T.Harris. A 4th in Maxey. A lot of shooting with CJ joining that backcourt. A clutch scoring ball-handler in CJ for pressure moments in the playoffs.

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2022, 05:04:00 PM »

Offline BruceBanner18

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown

Fair enough. I guess I don't see Haliburton as a good player. His upside is really high imo. And two Sactown FRPs? Even if they were a little worse this year it would be worth it...but I think it's a push this season.

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2022, 05:05:43 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1435

Question... if that deal went through, who exactly would be scoring the ball for Sacramento? Literally trading away all of their good shooters. Fox and Simmons together...:-X Kings would be the worst shooting team in the NBA. That deal doesn’t make sense to me and is way too rich for Philly.

If Philly is insistent on Packaging Harris with Simmons, I think moving Fox, Barnes, and Bagley  and the picks would make sense for both sides.

76ers: Fox, Curry, Thybulle, Barnes, Embiid

Kings: Simmons, Haliburton, Heild, Harris, Holmes.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2022, 05:32:14 PM by Goldstar88 »
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.