Author Topic: Rumor: Raptors and Pacers discuss trade involving OG Anunoby and Myles Turner  (Read 4639 times)

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Per Evan Massey, don't know if this is a real thing. Man, if so, Brad needs to wake the heck up and get on the phone. OG would be great here!!

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649
Per Evan Massey, don't know if this is a real thing. Man, if so, Brad needs to wake the heck up and get on the phone. OG would be great here!!

Surprising, if true.  Would have thought that Anunoby is a guy that Toronto wants to keep for their rebuild.  And for Myles Turner?

« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 03:00:06 PM by Atzar »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

So you want the Celtics to trade Rob Williams?

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
What would we trade?

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 979
If this happens, I'd be really curious to see if picks head in either direction.  That said, I think that Turner is a better fit in Toronto than Indy, and it might be that OG is better in Indy than Toronto, so this could be one of the rare times good players get traded in both directions that improves both teams.

But OG fits the Fournier TPE, and I've wanted him since his freshman year at Indiana, so if there's any way for Boston to get him...

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649
From what I've read, Massey is not regarded as a guy with legit sources.  You can safely throw this out, I think.  Even if it's real...

"Yo, can we have OG for Turner?"
"No."

...is technically a discussion.  Nothing to see here, most likely.

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737

For Anunoby? In a heartbeat! I bet the Raps would never do it though.

OG for Sabonis seems a fairer trade in my book.

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
He is worth Sabonis I would think.

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald

Sabonis is a two-time All-Star.  He's not worth Sabonis, and I say this as an OG fan.  Sabonis is a better player and generally more healthy to boot.  He should be worth more than Turner, however.

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I love Myles Turner for Toronto. I got excited for the Raptors were going after him earlier today. Toronto is desperate for a legitimate center to round out their team and could quickly become a 50-55 win team with Turner + filling out their bench with better talent in FA next summer.

I am disappointed to see OG Anunoby is the piece they are dangling however. I love his game. I don't know what I expected them to give up. I was hoping a load of picks and expirings to keep that Raptors core together because I love what they are putting together over there. Alas, it appears not.

Anunoby would be a very good pickup for Indiana. A two way forward like him is just what their team needs. He is a better PF than Turner and fits their team better next to Sabonis than Turner does.

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401

For Anunoby? In a heartbeat! I bet the Raps would never do it though.

OG for Sabonis seems a fairer trade in my book.

I would do that deal too.

Rim runners / defensive centers are easier to replace than high level glue guys like OG Anunoby. Anunoby would be an awesome PF to have on this team next to Tatum & Jaylen onthe wings.

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
Anunoby would be an awesome PF to have on this team next to Tatum & Jaylen on the wings.

Is he actually a PF?  He is list at 6'-7", 232 lbs.  I am not sure that he is the answer to our PF issue.

As for trading him for Turner, seems Indy wins that by a mile.

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
Anunoby would be an awesome PF to have on this team next to Tatum & Jaylen on the wings.

Is he actually a PF?  He is list at 6'-7", 232 lbs.  I am not sure that he is the answer to our PF issue.

As for trading him for Turner, seems Indy wins that by a mile.

Yes, he’s a PF.  He’s strong and has a 7’2” wingspan.  Standing reach is 8’11”.5, or 1/2 inch shorter than Bam Adebayo’s.

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Turner with Barnes, Siakim, Van Fleet would be lethal
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

Sabonis is a two-time All-Star.  He's not worth Sabonis, and I say this as an OG fan.  Sabonis is a better player and generally more healthy to boot.  He should be worth more than Turner, however.

This was what I was thinking too .  I d rather have Sabonis > OG > Turner