Author Topic: History of Ainge Trades With Western Conference Teams  (Read 1695 times)

History of Ainge Trades With Western Conference Teams
« on: January 14, 2022, 12:52:09 AM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94
Does anybody care to share the history of trades Ainge made with Western Conference teams from 2005-2021 by year? And how does it compare to his trades with the EC teams in the same timeframe? And what kind of mega deals with teams in the WC did we pass up 2019-2021? Fair questions considering this Utah situation.

Re: History of Ainge Trades With Western Conference Teams
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2022, 12:56:15 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
I remember he traded Kendrick Perkins and Nate Robinson for Jeff Green and Nenad Krstic back in 2011 lol. Would the Celtics have won if they kept Perkins that year

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2022, 01:10:50 AM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
This should be all the moves Ainge.  Hit control+F and type in "traded" and you can see all the trades.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/executives/aingeda01x.html

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2022, 06:21:02 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Fair questions considering this Utah situation.

What are you implying?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2022, 07:44:02 AM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
I’ll throw a few out there….

Obviously the KG trade.

Cash to Phoenix to draft Rondo

Draft trade with Memphis that becomes Marcus Banks/Kendrick Perkins for Bell/Jones (??) correct me if I’m wrong.

IT trade with Phoenix

Antoine trade with Dallas for Raef

Ricky Davis trade with Minny for Wally

Marcus Banks to LA for Gary Payton (I can’t remember if that one got shut down)

#5 pick/delonte for Ray Allen with Seattle

Draft trade with Portland that brought in Telfair

The OKC jeff green trade that someone already mentioned

That’s all I can think of off the top of my head.  I’m sure there’s a full list of trades somewhere
Greg

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2022, 07:45:58 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2022, 10:50:50 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I remember he traded Kendrick Perkins and Nate Robinson for Jeff Green and Nenad Krstic back in 2011 lol. Would the Celtics have won if they kept Perkins that year

The myth of the one legged Perkins continues. He wasn't good that year.

More accurate to say that we would've won if Shaq didn't get injured. Didn't help that our healthy center we also brought in got injured too.

People also forget that we were very thin due to injuries in for Pierce back-up minutes (and we needed to keep his minutes down too), which is why in part Green was brought over, bonus for him being an incredibly talented young player. Sucks his NBA career was more underwhelming that it should've been.

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2022, 11:02:43 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Fair questions considering this Utah situation.

What are you implying?
Second this. What situation is happening in Utah?

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2022, 11:12:33 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

More accurate to say that we would've won if Shaq didn't get injured. Didn't help that our healthy center we also brought in got injured too.

People also forget that we were very thin due to injuries in for Pierce back-up minutes (and we needed to keep his minutes down too), which is why in part Green was brought over, bonus for him being an incredibly talented young player. Sucks his NBA career was more underwhelming that it should've been.

Yeah, this narrative drives me crazy. There is also the whole DWade ripping Rondo’s arm out of its socket thing, as well. The year could have been great, but injuries ruined it all around and I believe Ainge got great value out of Perk.

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2022, 11:26:48 AM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
Are we thinking Utah might be making major moves with Eastern Conference teams now? I don't have a great pulse on the league at the moment, but I was just wondering if Utah should try to move Gobert now instead of waiting.

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2022, 12:49:11 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544

Yeah, this narrative drives me crazy. There is also the whole DWade ripping Rondo’s arm out of its socket thing, as well. The year could have been great, but injuries ruined it all around and I believe Ainge got great value out of Perk.
It wouldn't have mattered.  The Heat were just too good for the Celtics who were simply just too old.  They beat them in 5 after all.  When Lebron, Wade, and Bosh were healthy, the C's had no chance at beating the Heat.  The C's just didn't match up well to that trio especially with the respective ages.  And Perkins was a terrible center to play against them since he couldn't guard Bosh and he didn't force Bosh to play defense (that is where Shaq would have been helpful).  And we know this in part because Perkins was useless against the Heat playing for the Thunder.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2022, 01:38:49 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533

This

Also, if Krstic stays the year after it would have been a good deal. Got thrown ton of money from CSKA Moscow I believe to go play in Russia in that offseason. I think that summer may have been the lockout so he just took the money instead of waiting to see what was going to happen in the nba.