Author Topic: Celtics (21-21) at 76ers (23-17) Game #43 1/14/22  (Read 19224 times)

Re: Celtics (21-21) at 76ers (23-17) Game #43 1/14/22
« Reply #285 on: January 15, 2022, 10:32:45 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
I don't expect this team to be consistent this season. Not with Smart @ PG and two Centers. You can't an offensive group as dysfunctional at this one and be consistent.

Inconsistency and horrible nights like this one is to be expected.

Ime NEEDS to change that starting lineup. What he's hanging on to I have no idea.

Re: Celtics (21-21) at 76ers (23-17) Game #43 1/14/22
« Reply #286 on: January 15, 2022, 10:41:16 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
Appreciate that Tatum is "taking full ownership" of the loss against the 76ers tonight.

But it starts with Udoka. This guy can't coach for crap...he gotta go, and fast.

Agreed. He has one of the worst defensive strategies ive ever seen implemented. They switch everything for no reason at all. Like if theres a screen and you cant fight over it you should switch. But when you are trailing your guy and just expect someone else to pick them up so you can randomly switch onto the guy they are defending i just dont understand it. Seems like every time down the floor we give the opponents favorable missmatches and they dont have to work at all to get them. Just looks like lazy defense.

And then offensively i have no clue what our strategy is most nights. No plays called its just everyone stand in the corners and watch iso ball that eventually ends up a contested long jumper. No working miss matches or even trying to get one in the first place. The only hope we have is that people catch fire and hit jumpers all night because we arent getting any easy buckets.

Plays running around confused on both ends. Agreed.