Author Topic: Cam Reddish to New York  (Read 3683 times)

Cam Reddish to New York
« on: January 13, 2022, 12:11:02 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1435
Adrian Wojnarowski: ESPN Sources: The Atlanta Hawks are trading forward Cam Reddish to the New York Knicks for a deal that includes a protected 2022 first-round pick via Charlotte. Knicks also acquire Solomon Hill and a 2025 second-round pick via Brooklyn in trade. – via Twitter wojespn

Solid move by the Knicks
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

Re: Cam Reddish to New York
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2022, 12:14:16 PM »

Offline todd_days_41

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 1074
  • B2B 2022 and 2023 Trade Deadline Guru
Still wonder if the Knicks might have given up a pick like that for Schroder. Yes, he's not under contract next year (tho they have cap room to retain him), but he's a far superior player to Reddish at a position of weakness for the Knicks.

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2022, 12:15:47 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
Adrian Wojnarowski: ESPN Sources: The Atlanta Hawks are trading forward Cam Reddish to the New York Knicks for a deal that includes a protected 2022 first-round pick via Charlotte. Knicks also acquire Solomon Hill and a 2025 second-round pick via Brooklyn in trade. – via Twitter wojespn

Solid move by the Knicks

As long as Thibs is willing to give him 25+mpg and they have the frameworks of a resign in place this is a really nice trade for the Knicks. With an expanded role I think Reddish can really develop into a good player.

Really surprised ATL didn’t/couldn’t use him to upgrade their roster and/or move Galos deal
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2022, 12:22:01 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
The trade season has officially arrived! 8)

Btw, Woj is also reporting that the Bol Bol trade to the Pistons has been voided.

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2022, 12:22:18 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1546
That is all it took to get Reddish.  Why didn't we do that?
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2022, 12:27:09 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
First-round picks are valuable assets. We already got a rich man's Reddish in Brown.

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2022, 12:33:02 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1671
A fairly low-value pick for a fairly low-value player.  Sounds about right. 

Not really sure why New York wants Reddish.  I guess there's a chance that he figures it out in a new environment.  Still... Reddish is a bit of a chucker, and Fournier, Barrett, and Randle all need their shots already.  Kemba will be back at some point, that's another mouth to feed.  Not sure what to expect from Rose when he comes back but that's another guy who needs the rock.  And out of all of these players, only Randle is really an above-average passer for his position. 

Sounds like a recipe for some really ugly basketball to me.  We've had our struggles with selfish iso-ball ourselves, but that lineup is just something else entirely. 

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2022, 12:34:19 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Is Reddish being acquired as a starter, or to come off the bench?

Kevin Knox heads to Atlanta.  I thought he'd be a solid rotation player at one point, but obviously not.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 12:54:29 PM by Roy H. »

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2022, 12:49:36 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
Here's a Hawks-related rumor.

And here's what their GM had to say a few days ago:

Clearly, the Hawks are having a disappointing season. Any interest in buying low from them?

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2022, 01:01:02 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1671
Clearly, the Hawks are having a disappointing season. Any interest in buying low from them?

Depends on what they're asking for.  I liked Bogdanovic last year.  Not sure what's up with him this year - I haven't watched the Hawks much - but if it's fixable, then I'd be interested in picking him up if the price is right. 

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2022, 01:02:48 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404

If Kevin Huerter was available cheap, I'd be interested - cheap being a late first to early 2nd.

DeAndre Hunter would be interesting at a mid first to late first. Bit worried about his injury-proneness. I'd like to know more first.

John Collins is a good player and if we could get him without giving up the Jays or too many picks, I'd do it. I do believe we'd need a 4th quasi-star like a CJ McCollum level player to go along with Collins and the Jays so we'd need to retain enough trade assets to make that happen. What does a a package like that look like? Maybe Smart, a pick or two. Something like that.

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2022, 01:02:57 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 985

Kind of reminds me of when the C’s brought pretty much everyone back from their surprising 2017-2018 conference finals team and greatly underachieved.

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2022, 01:03:36 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1546
First-round picks are valuable assets. We already got a rich man's Reddish in Brown.
I think it is highly unlikely that a pick outside of the lottery is as good as Reddish is.  So if all it took was a protected 1st and a crappy bench player, I think that is the type of trade you make and see if a change of scenery is what Reddish needs.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2022, 01:03:54 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404

Depends on what they're asking for.  I liked Bogdanovic last year.  Not sure what's up with him this year - I haven't watched the Hawks much - but if it's fixable, then I'd be interested in picking him up if the price is right.
Oh yeah, Bogdanovic. I forgot about him.

How about Smart for Bogdanovic? Straight swap.

Boost our three point shooting. Boosts their defense. Offense for defense.

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2022, 01:05:01 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
I've heard some bring up that it reunites Reddish with his Duke teammate RJ Barrett. Some have even speculated that they'll go all in for Zion Williamson now. Duke ties aside, I think it's a very solid deal for New York and wouldn't be surprised if Reddish is starting by this time next year.