Author Topic: Knicks (19-20) at Celtics (18-21) Game #40 1/8/22  (Read 18716 times)

Re: Knicks (19-20) at Celtics (18-21) Game #40 1/8/22
« Reply #315 on: January 08, 2022, 10:30:23 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
I'd go with Smart, Richardson, Brown, Tatum and Rob Williams as the starting 5 from here on out. Bring Al, Grant, Langford and Schroder off the bench.

I agree, and that seems to be a consensus from a lot of posters right now.
Save Al's legs

This! Richardson growing into a dangerous weapon.

In this case, Brad did the right thing by extending him! Congrats and TPs all around!

He did. Brad nailed it with extending Richardson and Rob Williams.

« Reply #316 on: January 08, 2022, 10:52:00 PM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
How the hell did Hernangomez get a multi year $6-7M AAV contract?

That is Brad’s worst move.

Brad didn’t give him that contract.  It’s also not guaranteed next year, and he traded Kris Dunn and Carsen Edwards for him — two guys who were immediately cut.  The C’s will likely save money on the deal when Hernangomez doesn’t meet his contract incentives.

Bring back Kris Dunn to replace Schroeder

(I know Schroeder is about a thousand times better, but [dang it] he is so hard to watch)

« Reply #317 on: January 08, 2022, 11:01:35 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
I'd go with Smart, Richardson, Brown, Tatum and Rob Williams as the starting 5 from here on out. Bring Al, Grant, Langford and Schroder off the bench.

I agree, and that seems to be a consensus from a lot of posters right now.
Save Al's legs

This! Richardson growing into a dangerous weapon.

In this case, Brad did the right thing by extending him! Congrats and TPs all around!

He did. Brad nailed it with extending Richardson and Rob Williams.

J Rich was great in Miami.

« Reply #318 on: January 08, 2022, 11:33:33 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Fantastic response from our best player! Beating up on a Knicks team with zero creators (Randle has fallen off a cliff this season) makes the final score less impressive, but we've got to start somewhere to combat our coaching disadvantage every single night :laugh:
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #319 on: January 09, 2022, 03:08:52 AM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372

I agree. I think Ime is reluctant to have JT defending 4s consistently  especially the heftier ones, when we come up against those lineups so he sticks with this two big lineup. But offensively that 5 you mentioned is probably the most versatile and switchable.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #320 on: January 09, 2022, 06:19:04 AM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986

Brad didn’t give him that contract.  It’s also not guaranteed next year, and he traded Kris Dunn and Carsen Edwards for him — two guys who were immediately cut.  The C’s will likely save money on the deal when Hernangomez doesn’t meet his contract incentives.

(I know Schroeder is about a thousand times better, but [dang it] he is so hard to watch)

Kris Dunn is so cooked that even with all the replacement players signed in the last month he couldn’t get a look.  (Also, because we traded him to Memphis who subsequently waived him, we can’t sign him until either the summer or until he is signed and waived by another team).

That said, I’m completely with you on how unwatchable Schröder is.  I can’t tell you the number of times he makes me yell at my TV “dang it Schröder” having dribble into the middle of three players in the paint (and then half the time he somehow makes a shot moments after I’ve yelled).

« Reply #321 on: January 09, 2022, 06:22:22 AM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am

I agree. I think Ime is reluctant to have JT defending 4s consistently  especially the heftier ones, when we come up against those lineups so he sticks with this two big lineup. But offensively that 5 you mentioned is probably the most versatile and switchable.

On offense Tatum can take advantage of hefty 4s with his speed. He's much better at that than using size advantage on smaller forwards.

And when the Celtics faced a strong offensive 4, Brown was guarding them last year anyway. It wasn't a huge problem.

By the way, by making this adjustment we get a backcourt with Smart/Richardson. Wonder how effective they've been together?

Smart/Richardson +11.3 Net Rating (by far team's best!)

« Reply #322 on: January 09, 2022, 09:12:10 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Rob with another 4 blocks.
Amazing he’s only 4th in the league in BPG.  Myles Turner #1. Let's get him too.

I am surprised to see Horford at #10 with 1.5bpg. Two of the top 10 shot-blockers on the Celtics! Wonders will never cease!!

« Reply #323 on: January 09, 2022, 09:31:57 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
We simply stuck Jaylen on those 4s the last time we had a competent coach :laugh:
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #324 on: January 09, 2022, 12:32:20 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986
We simply stuck Jaylen on those 4s the last time we had a competent coach :laugh:

I remember Semi Ojeleye getting a lot more minutes than I wish I remembered, personally.

« Reply #325 on: January 09, 2022, 01:58:57 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969

I remember Semi Ojeleye getting a lot more minutes than I wish I remembered, personally.

Me and you both  :)

« Reply #326 on: January 10, 2022, 07:12:14 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

Kris Dunn is so cooked that even with all the replacement players signed in the last month he couldn’t get a look.  (Also, because we traded him to Memphis who subsequently waived him, we can’t sign him until either the summer or until he is signed and waived by another team).

That said, I’m completely with you on how unwatchable Schröder is.  I can’t tell you the number of times he makes me yell at my TV “dang it Schröder” having dribble into the middle of three players in the paint (and then half the time he somehow makes a shot moments after I’ve yelled).
I've made a point the last couple of games of watching Schroder on defense. He's terrible, often looking like the Statue of Liberty, unmoving with his hand straight up.  Maybe someone more handy than me can look up how much if he was guarding Fournier in the previous game.