Author Topic: Shoulder surgeon recommendation  (Read 4500 times)

Shoulder surgeon recommendation
« on: December 06, 2021, 09:46:55 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
  Anyone? I just had surgery last year from a big name surgeon. I really fell for his god complex thst I mistook for charm snd confidence. It was the wrong surgery and I’ve wasted a year and am worse off. I’m starting to feel after 3 different diagnosis that these doctors don’t really know what they’re doing so much. I dunno. But I’m trying to rack up good recommendations. Thanks in advance.

Re: Shoulder surgeon recommendation
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2021, 10:36:24 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
  Anyone? I just had surgery last year from a big name surgeon. I really fell for his god complex thst I mistook for charm snd confidence. It was the wrong surgery and I’ve wasted a year and am worse off. I’m starting to feel after 3 different diagnosis that these doctors don’t really know what they’re doing so much. I dunno. But I’m trying to rack up good recommendations. Thanks in advance.

Where are you located?

EDIT: Saw this in "latest discussions" at first, now I see this is in the the "city of Boston" section. I'm not too familiar with surgeons in Boston, but I worked as a surgical coordinator/surgeon liaison for awhile in the Tri-State area. So if you're willing to travel....
« Last Edit: December 06, 2021, 10:41:54 PM by RJ87 »
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2021, 10:37:36 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 979
Going in for shoulder surgery in 12 hours and this was NOT the thread I needed to see!

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2021, 10:45:57 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2021, 11:39:59 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
What surgery is it?  Dislocation, rotator cuff, etc?

I had my dislocation surgery in Philadelphia.  Everything went great.  The pain and initial recovery was way less than expected.  I kind of half-assed it with follow up PT.  As such, I lost quite a bit of strength in terms of weight lifting, etc.  Overall, though, it was quite successful.

Good luck in surgery tomorrow, 2021. 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2021, 11:47:04 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416
Both of my parents had rotator cuff surgery. My father had the procedure on both shoulders  years apart and he saw the same Surgeon at Emerson Hospital in Concord, MA each time.  My
Mother had her right shoulder done by a surgeon out of Beth Israel. Will try to get the surgeon names. Both had excellent experiences and 80%+ range of motion back after a year.

For Celtics2021, stay on top of the the pain meds. Once the nerve block wears off, the pain is going to be bad. set an alarm so you don’t forget a dose. If you do, you will regret it. Pain was pretty bad for the first 2-3 days for both of my parents and then it was more manageable after that. The cold water therapy pad in my last post was a huge help for them. Also, have to be super careful for the first 6 months or you can risk re-tearing the shoulder. Seems to take about a year/year and a half to fully heal. 

« Last Edit: December 07, 2021, 12:00:05 AM by Goldstar88 »
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2021, 07:39:31 AM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
What surgery is it?  Dislocation, rotator cuff, etc?

I had my dislocation surgery in Philadelphia.  Everything went great.  The pain and initial recovery was way less than expected.  I kind of half-assed it with follow up PT.  As such, I lost quite a bit of strength in terms of weight lifting, etc.  Overall, though, it was quite successful.

Good luck in surgery tomorrow, 2021.

I’ve had one doc say it’s rotator, other days it’s bicep tendon only and the one I had the failed surgery they shaved down my labrum and cleaned out bursa. I really think because I was the last surgery of the day he just did a minimal thing knowing it wouldn’t help .
  If anyone goes to a particular doctor and he swears a lot and be your buddy and seems veeeery concedes DON’T go to this guy. His boaEdited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.lness is like nothing you’ll ever see and I fell for it because he used to handle multi million dollar athletes. But very dishonest snd I should have read the reviews better.

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2021, 07:41:25 AM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
   One more question guys? Why would someone NOT get a 2nd opinion from same practice? Obvious reason is they’d confer snd not want to go against the other right? Dishonesty potentially,  right?

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2021, 07:43:37 AM »

Kiorrik

i dunno but i went to this one guy and he kept talking real fast and i thought he sounded real smooth and stuff but i wouldn't recommend him i left without a treatment name was doctor dru or doctor dray or something immaculate flow tho

kept offering me orange juice mixed with gin or something

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2021, 08:11:41 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
I had shoulder surgery done in 2000 for chronic dislocation issues.  I went to Access Sports Medicine in Exeter NH, had Dr. Josh Siegel.  He was fantastic and my shoulder was rock solid until a skiing accident 14 years later.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."