Author Topic: NBA Season 2021-22  (Read 567759 times)

Re: NBA Season 2021-22
« Reply #1170 on: January 06, 2022, 12:06:10 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
The Bucks reportedly are releasing Cousins for roster flexibility before tomorrow's deadline for guaranteeing contracts. I would love to see the Celtics finally grab him.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/33003515/milwaukee-bucks-waive-demarcus-cousins-friday-deadline-general-manager-says

Interesting.  He’d been playing fairly well for them.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #1171 on: January 06, 2022, 12:12:48 AM »

Offline todd_days_41

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 1074
  • B2B 2022 and 2023 Trade Deadline Guru
The Bucks reportedly are releasing Cousins for roster flexibility before tomorrow's deadline for guaranteeing contracts. I would love to see the Celtics finally grab him.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/33003515/milwaukee-bucks-waive-demarcus-cousins-friday-deadline-general-manager-says

Interesting.  He’d been playing fairly well for them.

Your binkie is available!

« Reply #1172 on: January 06, 2022, 09:42:36 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
LeBron, I meant Lakers, are looking to trade Westbrook, Bazemore, & Jordan..already traded Rondo..but love see Lakers in disarray
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #1173 on: January 07, 2022, 07:51:27 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
The Bucks add shooters every year.

« Reply #1174 on: January 07, 2022, 07:54:18 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Oh, The Nets also added shooters....

« Reply #1175 on: January 07, 2022, 08:14:05 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Mamukelashvili is getting time with the bucks. They are also playing a second round pick from 2020 in Nwora.

« Reply #1176 on: January 07, 2022, 08:24:10 PM »

Offline letsgoblue86

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Is Bobby Portis good? Or do the nets have bad interior D

« Reply #1177 on: January 07, 2022, 08:26:00 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1435

I think Bobby Portis might be the most underrated player in the NBA.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #1178 on: January 07, 2022, 08:53:50 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737

I think Bobby Portis might be the most underrated player in the NBA.
He's a limited defender. He cannot protect the rim despite his size, hence the Bucks have changed their defensive scheme this season. They were running a drop scheme with BroLo. They are now running hedge and recover.

That said, he's an excellent fit next to Giannis on the offensive side of the ball. All shooters thrive next to Giannis. Let's call it the Giannis effect. :P

Nwora is a talented scorer, but he's a black hole. Only cares about his own shots. Mamu was a solid pick at the end of the 2nd round. I like his BBIQ and his shooting potential. He's nothing special though. Struggles to stay on the court cause he's a hopeless defender.

Wes Matthews has been killing it for the Bucks since they re-signed him. They guaranteed his contract till the end of the season.

I follow the Bucks just as much as I follow the Celtics. Plenty of their fans want Jabari back now that we waived him. :P

« Reply #1179 on: January 08, 2022, 07:25:37 AM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
I just saw some highlights on the train of the 76ers.

Why can't we run the same stuff the 6ers run for Embiid for Jaylen/Jayson? Embiid even got 7 assists.

Just chuck it into the high post and get out of their way and let them create. Keep it simple. Both Jays are natural mid-range shooters, as deadly as Embiid from there. Whereas their threes feel kind of hit or miss.

Am I missing something?

Edit:
"A calming presence to slow it down and get us what we want is really what you need at that point. And sometimes we all get caught up in it."

So that's what Udoka said about our struggles. I mean, I'd feel pretty darn confident having Tatum or Brown in the high post, that's a pretty darn solid possession if we need things to calm down.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2022, 07:42:14 AM by pokeKingCurtis »

« Reply #1180 on: January 08, 2022, 07:53:03 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737

Why can't we run the same stuff the 6ers run for Embiid for Jaylen/Jayson? Embiid even got 7 assists.

Just chuck it into the high post and get out of their way and let them create. Keep it simple. Both Jays are natural mid-range shooters, as deadly as Embiid from there. Whereas their threes feel kind of hit or miss.

Am I missing something?
So basically what you're asking is ''why don't we run more iso and shoot more mid-range jumpers?'' I would argue this is literally the last thing we should be doing.

I'm sick and tired of the constant iso. We were running a PnR-heavy offense under Brad. Not sure why we've settled for an iso-heavy style under Ime. With all due respect, the most logical explanation is that Ime sucks at coaching. For the record, Tatum, Smart and Schroder are reliable PnR ball handlers. Timelord is a terrific roller and a decent screener. Horford is a reliable popper.

« Reply #1181 on: January 08, 2022, 08:01:48 AM »

Offline todd_days_41

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 1074
  • B2B 2022 and 2023 Trade Deadline Guru
The Bucks add shooters every year.

The Bucks are one of the NBA’s premiere draft organizations. They run circles around most NBA teams, present company included.

« Reply #1182 on: January 08, 2022, 08:31:58 AM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen

Am I missing something?
So basically what you're asking is ''why don't we run more iso and shoot more mid-range jumpers?'' I would argue this is literally the last thing we should be doing.

I'm sick and tired of the constant iso. We were running a PnR-heavy offense under Brad. Not sure why we've settled for an iso-heavy style under Ime. With all due respect, the most logical explanation is that Ime sucks at coaching. For the record, Tatum, Smart and Schroder are reliable PnR ball handlers. Timelord is a terrific roller and a decent screener. Horford is a reliable popper.

I think we once again lead the league in wide open threes attempted unless I'm mistaken. But the Celts just play so out of rhythm despite a statistically "efficient" style. It doesn't flow.

The 6ers just let Embiid shoot whatever the hell he wanted against the C's when I watched. He shot a bunch of mid range shots against Kanter and didn't have to think twice. He got hot and became unstoppable throughout the game.

I don't watch enough to know for sure...but maybe the Jays keep having to think twice when they play - trying to look for the most "efficient" shot, often a bad 3 despite being "open".

And yea even pick and rolls if the Jays are allowed to be full three level scorers they'd be harder to stop. But they just dance around the 3 point line, and our other shooters suck so teams just do drop coverage or crowd the Jays in some way.

« Reply #1183 on: January 08, 2022, 09:58:33 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

Am I missing something?

The pick-and-pop, or even the threat of it, doesn't exist for the C's.  Timelord doesn't have a jumper (nor does Freedom) at all and Horford can't throw it in the ocean currently.

« Reply #1184 on: January 08, 2022, 06:45:03 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
BBBAAAAAAANNNNNEEEEEEE!!!!!!