Author Topic: Who is PBS?!?  (Read 9719 times)

Who is PBS?!?
« on: August 04, 2021, 12:19:16 PM »

Offline W8ting2McHale

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 88
I have seen PBS mentioned by a number of different posters in a number of different threads, so it’s not just a one-off.

I am guessing that it refers to Brad Stevens, but why? How did they arrive at that? If not, who ARE they referring to?

Danny Ainge was DA, Doc Rivers was Doc, when they held the positions of General Manager and Coach. Brad Stevens was occasionally referenced as BS, but more commonly as CBS.

I thought the latter was due to other connotations that BS could have. I assumed it stood for “Coach Brad Stevens” and not his actual initials. I didn’t think his 1st name was Charles for example, and he just prefers Brad to “Charlie” or “Chuck.”

Ever since he became GM though, it’s been switched to PBS. Why? For a moment I thought maybe his 1st name is actually Patrick and now that he’s not coach anymore, those that used CBS previously are using his initials, so I finally checked and discovered his full name is Bradley Kent Stevens.

So why not BKS? If it’s a switch from the Coach to General Manager position, why not GMBS?

Is there a secret broadcast theme going on with CBS and PBS?

To bad his parents didn’t have the foresight to give him Othello as a middle name. Then he could be BOS.

Unless PBS isn’t Brad Stevens? Then who are they?

Re: Who is PBS?!?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2021, 12:20:10 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Some use it for President Brad Stevens.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2021, 12:47:19 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
I have seen PBS mentioned by a number of different posters in a number of different threads, so it’s not just a one-off.

I am guessing that it refers to Brad Stevens, but why? How did they arrive at that? If not, who ARE they referring to?

Danny Ainge was DA, Doc Rivers was Doc, when they held the positions of General Manager and Coach. Brad Stevens was occasionally referenced as BS, but more commonly as CBS.

I thought the latter was due to other connotations that BS could have. I assumed it stood for “Coach Brad Stevens” and not his actual initials. I didn’t think his 1st name was Charles for example, and he just prefers Brad to “Charlie” or “Chuck.”

Ever since he became GM though, it’s been switched to PBS. Why? For a moment I thought maybe his 1st name is actually Patrick and now that he’s not coach anymore, those that used CBS previously are using his initials, so I finally checked and discovered his full name is Bradley Kent Stevens.

So why not BKS? If it’s a switch from the Coach to General Manager position, why not GMBS?

Is there a secret broadcast theme going on with CBS and PBS?

To bad his parents didn’t have the foresight to give him Othello as a middle name. Then he could be BOS.

Unless PBS isn’t Brad Stevens? Then who are they?

POBOBS is too much of a mouthful??
Yup

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2021, 12:49:44 PM »

Offline W8ting2McHale

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
Some use it for President Brad Stevens.

Thanks. I guess his official title is President of Basketball Operations and not GM? I didn’t make that connection.

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2021, 12:51:55 PM »

Offline W8ting2McHale

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown

Probably. I’ve had Po’Boys that were too much of a mouthful.

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2021, 01:17:49 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150

Probably. I’ve had Po’Boys that were too much of a mouthful.

mmmmmm Po'Boys are so good!