Author Topic: STM Relocation Day Update--Declining demand?  (Read 4403 times)

STM Relocation Day Update--Declining demand?
« on: April 26, 2021, 03:31:43 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
Relo day (the day when the Celtics open up the seat map and let STM choose new seats) is one of my favorite days of the year.* I really like my seats and probably won't move, but it's always fun to see what's available. I'm in the loge seats, so I can only report on loge--no access to balcony or the sections at each end of the court.

The trend has changed: In the past 3-4 years, relo day has been a mob scene in the loge. If you blinked, you probably missed the seats that you wanted. There was usually a lot of stuff on the ends, but very little in the middle of the court, particularly "Center 6" sections (11, 12, 13, 21, 1, 2). This year is the inverse. Lots of Center 6 stuff.

The most interesting is a pair of seats almost directly behind the Celts bench in VIP 21, in the second row of folding chairs behind the floor seats. The big downside is that they are in the middle of a row of 20 seats. The Celtics really need to space it out a bit. But they can be yours for $400/ticket/game.

Other goodies:

Loge 20, row 8, two seats in from the aisle: You're looking over the Celtics bench toward the court. $175 per ticket.

Loge 1, row 17, two seats in from the aisle: Dead center court. $245 per ticket.

Loge 4, row 8, on the aisle: $125 per ticket.

Loge 2, row 2: In the middle of a row but right behind the visitor bench. You can be a Weasley and throw snowballs at the back of LeBron's head for $295 per ticket (and a TP for the first person to give me the reference).

For those of you looking to move up, this might be the year. There's lots of stuff in 4 and 15, so I'm guessing that there's also stuff in the sections at each end of the loge.

Mike

*My favorite day of the year is the third Monday after Easter, when all the leftover candy goes from 50% off to 75% off.

Re: STM Relocation Day Update--Declining demand?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2021, 03:39:14 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 979

*My favorite day of the year is the third Monday after Easter, when all the leftover candy goes from 50% off to 75% off.

Looks like your favorite days are on consecutive Mondays this year.  I hope you have some others to space out the excitement over the next 11ish months.

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2021, 04:08:16 PM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
Interesting feedback but none of it is surprising. I knew the people that owned the seats nearby mine and they decided not to renew. Prices keep increasing, the team is getting worse, and our future is looking less and less promising. Truthfully I've questioned a few times if I want to renew. I've owned my tickets for 6 years, they were $75 each when I first bought them, now they are $110 each. Reselling them is getting harder and harder and finding people who want to go to games is also getting harder.

All this being said, my relocation day is tomorrow and I'm curious to see what's out there.

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2021, 05:04:51 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
I think I'm going to just hold tight with my seats this year. I upgraded two seasons ago and was happy with it.

There's so much up in the air about next year. So I'm cool with rolling my pre-paid number over to next year and essentially having what feels like a discounted season.

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2021, 05:23:08 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker

Looks like your favorite days are on consecutive Mondays this year.  I hope you have some others to space out the excitement over the next 11ish months.

Sigh, nothing until Halloween, but I'm easy to please. ;)

Mike

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2021, 01:12:49 PM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
I can concur that was the most full season options I’ve seen since I’ve had season tickets, but Also the fewest amount of half season options I’ve seen to date as well.

I get the sense a lot of people downgraded to a half season.

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2021, 09:31:17 AM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
I ended up doing a extremely minor upgrade, comparable section a few rows down (row 23 to 19) and stayed in the same price range.

I wanted to move up a tier pricing wise but nothing grabbed me. One thing I don't like is how after you upgrade you lose your privileges to see what else is available. Since the renewal process is a week long there could be other seats that become available that I end up wanting.

I asked my rep if they could reinstate my access but they said no.. Very odd since I'm trying to spend more money.

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2021, 05:25:23 PM »

Offline Mike

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 18
I upgraded. Been so busy at work that I completely forgot when my window opened. By the time I logged in nothing caught my eye. Checked throughout the day and still nothing. I logged in the next morning and saw an upgrade that looked like it had good value so I jumped at it. Same row as my old seats but center court.

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2021, 11:47:28 AM »

Offline Newtonmom1

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 4
My upgrade window started today, but there was literally nothing available for me to consider.

The screen showed a single set of 3 seats, but since I only have 2 currently, I couldn't upgrade even if I wanted to.

Given no pairs, I'm guessing that means no one else can swap seats during this window, so there's no point in checking back.  Is that right?

This is literally the first year since I've been a member that there were no upgrades available...interesting that Mike and others saw so many good seats become available.

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2021, 12:38:44 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
Check back every so often, just in case they return extra seats to the pool. As you pointed out, nobody can swap seats out because there are none available, so anything there would have to come from the Celtics.

Mike

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2021, 01:40:41 PM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
My upgrade window started today, but there was literally nothing available for me to consider.

The screen showed a single set of 3 seats, but since I only have 2 currently, I couldn't upgrade even if I wanted to.

Given no pairs, I'm guessing that means no one else can swap seats during this window, so there's no point in checking back.  Is that right?

This is literally the first year since I've been a member that there were no upgrades available...interesting that Mike and others saw so many good seats become available.

I find it odd that there were no tickets available during your upgrade window. Leads me to believe Celtics pull tickets as the upgrade process progresses.

In theory there should always be the same amount of tickets available if you were to upgrade - once you upgrade your seats, they go into the available upgrade pool. It's always 1:1. People couldn't add tickets onto their account, so why are there no tickets available to upgrade to?

Whole thing is kind of fishy.

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2021, 03:46:35 PM »

Offline Mike

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 18

I find it odd that there were no tickets available during your upgrade window. Leads me to believe Celtics pull tickets as the upgrade process progresses.

In theory there should always be the same amount of tickets available if you were to upgrade - once you upgrade your seats, they go into the available upgrade pool. It's always 1:1. People couldn't add tickets onto their account, so why are there no tickets available to upgrade to?

In my experience they only show upgrades. So there might have been seats available, just not showing for him because they weren't an "upgrade" a.k.a. more expensive seats.

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2021, 10:48:38 AM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney

In my experience they only show upgrades. So there might have been seats available, just not showing for him because they weren't an "upgrade" a.k.a. more expensive seats.

I have always been able to downgrade within the loge, they have never given me the option to downgrade to the balcony.