Author Topic: NBA 2019-2020 season thread  (Read 396160 times)

Re: NBA 2019-2020 season thread
« Reply #735 on: November 15, 2019, 02:24:05 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2943
  • On To Banner 18!
Going into the year I felt we'd be a 3 or 4 seed and MIL/PHI would be the Top-2 teams in the East.

That may hold true, but I definitely think we could take either team so long as we're healthy. None of those teams are "world-beaters" and it looks like the East is truly wide open this season. Teams like BOS/MIL/PHI/TOR/MIA/IND all very much in it.

Just need to pray we can stay relatively healthy and that Hayward returns and gets back into things for the 2nd half + playoffs. Also hope Danny can make a move or buyout signing at the deadline
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #736 on: November 15, 2019, 02:38:24 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
After the summer free agency moves every hot take was that the nets were way better than us

I'm reading a lot of nets fans wish they kept russell
Eh most projections and analysts pegged them right around 40-44 wins (same as last year) because they replaced Russell with Kyrie (upgrade but not a big one) while losing a lot of their good role players.

Its once KD is back on the court people expected them to cook.

« Reply #737 on: November 15, 2019, 03:37:16 PM »

Online CelticsPoetry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 73
Going into the year I felt we'd be a 3 or 4 seed and MIL/PHI would be the Top-2 teams in the East.

That may hold true, but I definitely think we could take either team so long as we're healthy. None of those teams are "world-beaters" and it looks like the East is truly wide open this season. Teams like BOS/MIL/PHI/TOR/MIA/IND all very much in it.

Just need to pray we can stay relatively healthy and that Hayward returns and gets back into things for the 2nd half + playoffs. Also hope Danny can make a move or buyout signing at the deadline
You think we need to get a big? Which is the last buyout player that has really helped their team in the playoffs, other than to warm the bench? You gotta develop chemistry and learn all the plays and schemes pretty quick. I dont think it's worth taking the risk, other than as injury insurance

« Reply #738 on: November 15, 2019, 04:26:37 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

You think we need to get a big? Which is the last buyout player that has really helped their team in the playoffs, other than to warm the bench? You gotta develop chemistry and learn all the plays and schemes pretty quick. I dont think it's worth taking the risk, other than as injury insurance
Last year.....Enes Kanter, no less.

He went for 11.4 points and 9.7 rebounds in 28.8 minutes per game in 16 playoff games.

« Reply #739 on: November 15, 2019, 04:37:10 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I rarely put NBA TV, but I mean, do they have nothing better to waste time on than a Previously Recorded Preseason game?

« Reply #740 on: November 15, 2019, 04:39:26 PM »

Online CelticsPoetry

• Jaylen Brown

He went for 11.4 points and 9.7 rebounds in 28.8 minutes per game in 16 playoff games.
True, but if Nurkić doesn't get hurt, he wouldn't play. Fun fact - Nurkić played basketball with a schoolmate of mine from high school, around 20km from where I live.

« Reply #741 on: November 15, 2019, 04:55:37 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

True, but if Nurkić doesn't get hurt, he wouldn't play. Fun fact - Nurkić played basketball with a schoolmate of mine from high school, around 20km from where I live.

He averaged 18.5 minutes a night before Nurkic got hurt, so that doesn’t appear true.  Wouldn’t have played as much, sure, but he was immediately integrated into the rotation.

« Reply #742 on: November 15, 2019, 05:12:42 PM »

Online CelticsPoetry

• Jaylen Brown

He averaged 18.5 minutes a night before Nurkic got hurt, so that doesn’t appear true.  Wouldn’t have played as much, sure, but he was immediately integrated into the rotation.
Ok, I concede. Even forgot about our boys PJ Brown and Sam Cassell

« Reply #743 on: November 15, 2019, 08:48:07 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549

Its all subjective, he played because POR had little to nothing at the position behind Nurkic. The barrier to entry is higher at the Celtics center position, as amazing as that may be. It will be hard to find a buyout to hep the C's unless someone unusually talented becomes available, or injuries hit the C's.

« Reply #744 on: November 15, 2019, 09:21:51 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I find it ironically funny that the very last player to be a buyout player that contributed in a major way to a playoff team is the guy we already have on the roster and is the guy we are trying to upgrade from.

We are are spoiled bunch, we Celtic fans are!!!☘️💚☘️💚☘️💚😁😁😁😁

« Reply #745 on: November 15, 2019, 09:24:30 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
I don't think Philly should trade Ben Simmons. Still, I do remember when Embiid got injured in Ben's rookie season and Philly still finished the season 8-0, on an admittedly softish schedule, but it was him surrounded by 3 point shooters (Ilyasova, Bellineli, Redick, Covington, Saric) and a rim runner (Amir or Holmes) and he averaged 16/9/9 with 2 steals on 60% from the field and looked kind of unstoppable. He crashed against the C's in the Playoffs that year, but I do wonder how he'd look like with that kind of team again, with the ball in his hands all the time.

« Reply #746 on: November 15, 2019, 09:52:00 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
I think if the Sixers have Butler plus a 3 and D point guard instead of Simmons and Harris theyd be real scary

« Reply #747 on: November 15, 2019, 10:01:08 PM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 620
76ers bench is trash. They got their starting 5 and that's it.
ok fine

« Reply #748 on: November 15, 2019, 10:06:28 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Morant is impressive.

« Reply #749 on: November 15, 2019, 10:19:36 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307
Beal with 42 w/ 4 minutes left. Another monster night.