Author Topic: (Weak) Rumor: Celtics engaging in talks with Sacramento involving Rondo/Mclemore  (Read 23074 times)

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Tspence is an idiot fan with zero connections who keeps posting nonsense baseless rumors.  He's been proven to be a fraud multiple times in the last two months and yet people continue to create threads about his garbage rumors.  He's a twitter troll. Nothing more than that.

Lock the thread.  Like I said last month, I got whispering farts with more credibility than this clown.

Online knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
I wouldn't want to take a chance on McLemore at the expense of Rondo, but Stauskas, contract filler, and a first and I'm sold.  I think Stauskas and Smart's skills would compliment each other beautifully.

Only problem then is that we'd have a total logjam at guard.

PG: Smart/Pressey

SG: Bradley/McLemore/Stauskas/Thornton/Johnson/Babb
That is a lot of shooting guards.  :)  I don't think McLemore would come with Stauskas and Johnson and Babb might not make the team.  There would still be a logjam though. 

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
Same twitter troll had pau gasol 100% signing with the Spurs and rondo for Julius randle.  He just throws out multiple conflicting rumors and then when something ends up correct, he tries to take credit for it.  No credibility at all.

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
What is it about Ben Mclemore that is so intriguing?  Really, I'm completely stumped, so could someone please explain to me the almost-incessant fascination with this guy.

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
What is it about Ben Mclemore that is so intriguing?  Really, I'm completely stumped, so could someone please explain to me the almost-incessant fascination with this guy.
Prototypical shooting guard. Great size, great athleticism, excellent shooting mechanics.  He's got the tools to be a star. He's still really young. I think he's got a bright future. Not reading too much into his rough rookie year.  His shot will start falling.

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
Same twitter troll had pau gasol 100% signing with the Spurs and rondo for Julius randle.  He just throws out multiple conflicting rumors and then when something ends up correct, he tries to take credit for it.  No credibility at all.

1).  Twitter, and anything related to it (like 'hashtags' ::) ), is stupid.  Period.  2).  He might be a troll, but Pau going to the Spurs would have made them as close to a lock to repeat as any team in recent memory, imo.  Gasol coming off the bench behind Duncan and playing with him at times? :o - that's almost Waltonesque.  I really don't understand why he chose Chicago, but whatever.

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Maybe started by McElmore's agent.   He has not demonstrated the ability to shoot.  I think there is zero chance of this happening.  Anyone can get on twitter folks, pay it no heed.   I would not trade soiled laundry for Ben.

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349

I'm pretty sure that the intrigue is just because Mclemore is different from what we have now (exacerbated by the fact that he is different from Rondo, one of the most mercurial figures around).

It's the same reason that people are always saying, "Let's dump Sully and sign Postapunkalucius from the ABC League in Great Britain." It's just the intrigue of different. 

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
Prototypical shooting guard. Great size, great athleticism, excellent shooting mechanics.  He's got the tools to be a star. He's still really young. I think he's got a bright future. Not reading too much into his rough rookie year.  His shot will start falling.

If his mechanics are so good, why did he shoot .376% from the field over 82 games, including 55 starts, last year?  It would be one thing if that was his 3-point percentage, but under 38% in almost 27 mpg?  You have to admit that that's pretty atrocious, and people want to trade Rondo for this guy? :o  We already have Smart anyway, so getting Mclemore wouldn't make much sense unless he was clearly a superior player to Marcus, and then what do you do with Bradley?  I'm not saying that he can't and/or won't get better, but he's not exactly helping his own cause, either lol.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 10:06:02 PM by Beat LA »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
Maybe started by McElmore's agent.   He has not demonstrated the ability to shoot.  I think there is zero chance of this happening.  Anyone can get on twitter folks, pay it no heed.   I would not trade soiled laundry for Ben.

Hahaha TP ;D  Ouch.

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

I'm pretty sure that the intrigue is just because Mclemore is different from what we have now (exacerbated by the fact that he is different from Rondo, one of the most mercurial figures around).

It's the same reason that people are always saying, "Let's dump Sully and sign Postapunkalucius from the ABC League in Great Britain." It's just the intrigue of different.

Who?  I haven't seen his name mentioned before, but then again I also can never find anything right under my own nose ;D

Edit - ah, I see I missed the joke.  Wow.  See, stuff completely flies over my head as well lol.

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney

Who?  I haven't seen his name mentioned before, but then again I also can never find anything right under my own nose ;D

It's pronounced 'Post-Uh-Punk-Uh-Lucius". It's made up; I made it somewhat ridiculous to prove how absurd wanting unproven Euros/NBA Players (like Mclemore) is. ;D
(Harry Potter reference to Lucius Malfoy btw for any of you Potterheads out there.)

Edit- I typed this as you typed your edit, making this response more or less irrelevant.

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

It's pronounced 'Post-Uh-Punk-Uh-Lucius". It's made up; I made it somewhat ridiculous to prove how absurd wanting unproven Euros/NBA Players (like Mclemore) is. ;D
(Harry Potter reference to Lucius Malfoy btw for any of you Potterheads out there.)

Edit- I typed this as you typed your edit, making this response more or less irrelevant.

Meh, it's fine lol.  See, I didn't catch the Malfoy reference either lol, and I'm a 'Potterhead.'  Man, I am really slow tonight ;D  I'm giving you a TP anyway, haha.

Btw - Daft Punk, is that you (sarcasm)?  I'm just going by you're name ;D  All I can picture in my head right now is the Russian Military Choir's (a part of the Red Army that I never knew existed ;D ) 'cover' of that song, along with their rendition of Tom Jones' Sex Bomb ;D ::)  Oh man.

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
https://mobile.twitter.com/tspence26
Thought I'd share some notes from his tweets

-Obviously, we have to consider the source, but the dude has decent sources in California because that's were he is from
    -Deal would center around Rondo for Mclemore/fillers/picks
    -Stauskas is probably not involved(sadly)
    -Rondo likely not a Celtic by the start of the season
    -Ainge waiting to see if Houston or someone else can give a better offer

does sound like a rumor to me. Rondo is worth an up coming player who could be an all-star. I do not see that in Mclemore. If not, at least a good role player who is starter material and 2 first round picks

just me overvaluing Rondo

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney

Meh, it's fine lol.  See, I didn't catch the Malfoy reference either lol, and I'm a 'Potterhead.'  Man, I am really slow tonight ;D  I'm giving you a TP anyway, haha.

Btw - Daft Punk, is that you (sarcasm)?  I'm just going by you're name ;D  All I can picture in my head right now is the Russian Military Choir's (a part of the Red Army that I never knew existed ;D ) 'cover' of that song, along with their rendition of Tom Jones' Sex Bomb ;D ::)  Oh man.

Thanks for the TP! Hahaha I wish I was Daft Punk. (Or do I? You never know what their personal life is like  ::)) When I first signed up for my CB account, my first few choices for a username were taken, and I was honestly surprised that "GetLucky" was still available. All my friends know that I'm a sucker for things with fun symbolism, and I could find nothing better than to reference a song, a cliche, and the Celtics' mascot.