Poll

Which day do you prefer for the rookie Draft?

Thurs. Sept. 25
Fri, Sept 26
Mon., Sep. 29 (unlikely but we'll see)
No preference

Author Topic: GC's Yahoo! H2H League 2014-15 thread: Yahoo league is live!  (Read 249535 times)

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Matthew Dellavedova doing pretty well at the FIBA world cup. He's on the market now

Nate Wolters (rookie who started a lot) is also on the market.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 09:05:51 AM by eja117 »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
Former lottery pick Thomas Robinson and Toine's Boys 2015 1st rounder are on the market for some veteran help

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
Listening to offers on the #8 overall pick....
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
If any team is looking to go younger or grab picks this is what I'm willing to trade:
DeJuan Blair
Dorell Wright
Gary Neal
Jae Crowder
Jordan Crawford
Omri Casspi
Robert Sacre
Timofey Mozgov
Pick #19
Pick #29
2015 1st round pick.

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
If anyone's interested in picking up a team in a different long-term format, Redz' league is looking for another owner. 

It's a 12 team H2H league where each team can keep up to 8 players each year.  The twist is there's a salary cap and each year that you keep a player, their salary rises.  There's also a farm team to stash rookie prospects and lots of other nice features.  Makes for a fun GMing experience.  We have a few owners in both leagues, but wouldn't mind one more!

If you have any questions or are interested, you can PM me or poke around the thread here to see how the annual auction works.

• Rajon Rondo
If anyone's interested in picking up a team in a different long-term format, Redz' league is looking for another owner. 

It's a 12 team H2H league where each team can keep up to 8 players each year.  The twist is there's a salary cap and each year that you keep a player, their salary rises.  There's also a farm team to stash rookie prospects and lots of other nice features.  Makes for a fun GMing experience.  We have a few owners in both leagues, but wouldn't mind one more!

If you have any questions or are interested, you can PM me or poke around the thread here to see how the annual auction works.

GET OFF MY LAWN!!!!
:)

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

Offline The Walker Wiggle

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 758
  • Pretend Hinkie
Also, it's Assistant TO the commissioner, naturally.

This made me very happy. It's important to have traditions.

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
GC's not invited.

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
GC.....if the draft is the week of the 22nd I guess I assume it becomes reasonable to send you agreed to trades around the 17th or so, and maybe you want to announce them the day before or the day before that or something. Just let us know.
I assume you want to announce them a day or so ahead so we can make those picks during the draft

Offline celtsrp33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 281
everybody needs to check their rosters a bit on the site. It says I have Jimmer. On the yahoo site I have Xavier Henry, which I think is correct.

I'll go back through as well --- I tried to capture all the late season changes but looks like I missed some players changing teams.

OK i just went back and went through the rosters and checked them against last year's league page and found a couple errors -- sorry about that. They should be all correct now.

If you see an issue with your roster ON THE LEAGUE WEBSITE (not Yahoo! we'll deal with that later) please PM me.

Great work, GC!  THe site came out great!  My roster also looks correct.  TP
Owner of Make Me Some Bacon in CB FBB points and H2H leagues.

• Rajon Rondo
GC.....if the draft is the week of the 22nd I guess I assume it becomes reasonable to send you agreed to trades around the 17th or so, and maybe you want to announce them the day before or the day before that or something. Just let us know.
I assume you want to announce them a day or so ahead so we can make those picks during the draft

Trading will likely officially re-open on Monday, so yes. (there is 1 trade that's already been submitted, i'll make it official Monday; other trades can be submitted but they're not binding until trading is reopened (as I told the previous 2 teams (who ended up revising their initial trade)).

i'm thinking:

Monday, 9/8 -- trading reopens; will reach out to the 5 GMs not yet signed up via Yahoo!

Monday 9/15 -- Constitutional review (would like all GMs to vote on at least 2 proposed amendments based on our 'tanking' discussions at the end of last season)

Week of Sep. 22 -- draft

GC's not invited.

In other news, FWF is still on my lawn....  :D

Dwigt, er, Wiggle.... do something about it!!!!

Re: Lucky/GC's Yahoo! H2H League: Const. Convention now, Draft wk of Sep. 22
« Reply #116 on: September 08, 2014, 10:12:46 AM »

• Rajon Rondo
news update from the original post:

League News: September 8

1. Draft order (re)set -- I've decided to go back to the original post-lottery draft order, so please double check your final draft slot.

This should only effect a handful of the teams 1 or 2 spots. Ultimately it came down to that I was uncomfortable applying penalties with rules not yet in place. The pick penalties I had assessed were relatively minor (b/c of a lack of standing IMO as non-commissioner last year) so I think its better, more fair and sets a better precedent to amend the constitution and put everyone on notice equally what will and won't be penalized moving forward.

The draft will be held the week of September 22.

---

2. Constitutional Convention -- speaking of the constitution, I'm asking that everyone head over to the dedicated "Constitutional Convention" thread to discuss changes they'd like to see made. Discussion about amendments (which should remain civil) will take place on the CB thread, while voting will take place on the Yahoo! message board (easier to archive there).

There are 4 minor wording changes I'd like to approve via acclimation (i.e. they will pass unless someone raises an objection), and I have 2 amendments I will propose in the thread that encompass the issues/penalties I had considered levying above -- 1 about sitting healthy players and 1 about the number of N/A players a team can carry.

From that thread:

This thread will be used to discuss changes to the GC Yahoo! H2H League Constitution.

For archival purposes, voting on proposed amendments will take place on the Yahoo! site: http://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/luckyforevah.

1. Anyone may propose an amendment in the thread. You can kick around ideas, but to formally propose amendments please use the format:

Proposed Amendment #1:
-------------------------------

amendment text in bold red

2. I'd like to have someone second each amendment just to assure there's some support before we vote.
3. The Commissioner will approve the final wording (working to make consistent with the original author) by placing as a poll on the Yahoo! site.

---

3. Offseason trades -- I am opening up trading and will post the first 2 trades of the 2014-15. One trade will not be announced for another 2 weeks (the day before the league rookie draft) as it involves 2015 draft picks, which can only be dealt 1 year in advance per the constitution.

---

4. Four GMs still need to sign up on Yahoo! -- since we'll be voting on the constitutional amendments there we still need the last 5 GMs to sign up: (runner-up) Rusted Rims, (2nd runner-up) Champkind, Blake, and Rubio&Friends.

• Rajon Rondo
First Trade Announcement of the season:

Utah trades Thomas Robinson

Toine's Boys trade Jonas Jerebko

• Rajon Rondo
Trade Announcement:

eja trades Marcus Thornton, 2014 #30 and #31 picks

Webskins trades 2014 #21 pick

Offline jayhovaone

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 22
Put the blockbuster trade up so everyone can see!!