Author Topic: Parker vs Warren right now!  (Read 4471 times)

Parker vs Warren right now!
« on: March 15, 2014, 03:35:32 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
On ESPN, should be a good game to watch and judge Warrens ability next to Parkers.

Re: Parker vs Warren right now!
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2014, 05:46:10 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
On ESPN, should be a good game to watch and judge Warrens ability next to Parkers.

More like two lottery picks (Parker and Hood) + the entire Duke team vs. TJ.  I would say that TJ acquitted himself quite well.  21 points, 8 rebounds, 2 assists, and 2 steals.

Smitty77

P.S.  NC State is better than 20 teams that will get in the big dance, but will have to settle for the NIT, especially since there has been such a blatant anti-ACC bias in the NCAA tourney in the last 3 years!!!  Go win the NIT for the Pack TJ!!!!

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2014, 06:53:39 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
Even though Warren and Parker scored more points, i thought that Hood looked like the most complete player in the half court. He plays good defense, and has a better outside shot.

Whichever team picks up Hood around 9-14 in the draft should be a happy team. In the very least you are getting a 3 and D guy, who can slash a little. Maybe he can be a Shane Battier type of player. He plays a consistent poised game.

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2014, 07:26:45 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Even though Warren and Parker scored more points, i thought that Hood looked like the most complete player in the half court. He plays good defense, and has a better outside shot.

Whichever team picks up Hood around 9-14 in the draft should be a happy team. In the very least you are getting a 3 and D guy, who can slash a little. Maybe he can be a Shane Battier type of player. He plays a consistent poised game.

Been watching Hood play all year.  ice in his veins.  Guy comes up clutch at the right moments....not a ball hog or show off .....coaches dream.".....he makes the correct plays so many times when Duke needs the play.   He is very mature,  and not rattle at all by pressure.  He is my pick after the first 8 or so .   Solid player great court IQ.

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2014, 07:34:21 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247

Been watching Hood play all year.  ice in his veins.  Guy comes up clutch at the right moments....not a ball hog or show off .....coaches dream.".....he makes the correct plays so many times when Duke needs the play.   He is very mature,  and not rattle at all by pressure.  He is my pick after the first 8 or so .   Solid player great court IQ.

I would not be surprised if Hood is a better pro than Gordon, Vonleh and Smart in the end.

Edit: to be clear, those other 3 players have higher ceilings. But they also have greater bust potential.

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2014, 07:53:23 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
If only Warren had a 3 point shot he would be lethal. It would be great if he could continue the trend of strong players from smaller programs being recognized with draft position/playing time.

Damien Lillard, C.J. McColllum and even studs like Paul George with Fresno State and Steph Curry with Davidson are proving that you don't need to attend a powerhouse like Kentucky, Duke or UNC to become a success in the NBA.

A big fish in a small pond is still a big fish.

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2014, 08:19:23 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269

Totally agree with you Mr. October and the the rest of you about Hood.  He is BY FAR Duke's best perimeter defender and is always D-ing up the other teams best player.  I would take him over Smart, Vonleh, etc. any day.  If we end up with #7, I would not be upset with us taking him there.

Smitty77

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2014, 08:26:01 PM »

fitzhickey

If only Warren had a 3 point shot he would be lethal. It would be great if he could continue the trend of strong players from smaller programs being recognized with draft position/playing time.

Damien Lillard, C.J. McColllum and even studs like Paul George with Fresno State and Steph Curry with Davidson are proving that you don't need to attend a powerhouse like Kentucky, Duke or UNC to become a success in the NBA.

I honestly think that although he'd be amazing with one, he could still be good without. Corey Maggette wasn't a great 3 point shooter and he still scored 20+ by getting to the line with ease. That's what Warrens ceiling is IMO

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2014, 08:43:48 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

I honestly think that although he'd be amazing with one, he could still be good without. Corey Maggette wasn't a great 3 point shooter and he still scored 20+ by getting to the line with ease. That's what Warrens ceiling is IMO

Maggette or Caron Butler

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2014, 10:46:16 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

Maggette could have had a much better career if he had simply embraced being a really high quality sixth man.

Nobody in the league could get "star calls" without actually being a star like Corey Maggette.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain