Author Topic: Jabari Parker and Marcus Smart playing on ESPN tonight  (Read 6061 times)

Jabari Parker and Marcus Smart playing on ESPN tonight
« on: January 27, 2014, 06:21:57 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Slow ,cold,  winter night, not much goin on in the sports world. Just a heads up if anyone wants to catch a possible future Celtic playing tonight.

Last game Smart fouled out of the game and had a huge explosion, kicking chairs and walking to the locker room with 4 mins left in the game. He has also been struggling shooting 9 for his last 32 FG's.

I really like Smarts motor and passion, so it will be interesting how he come back from that blow up last game.

Also want to catch Hood for Duke, he seems like he could be an Aflalo type SG.

Re: Jabari Parker and Marcus Smart playing on ESPN tonight
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 06:24:04 PM »

Offline letsgoblue86

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 279
Big fan of smart, though his antics might drive some teams away

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 06:24:57 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
Oh yea its

#12 Duke @ #18 Pitt   7pm
Ok st @ Oklahoma       9pm

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2014, 06:35:32 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Thanks for heads up

Check out Parker again.

He ll look good in green. :)

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2014, 06:49:56 PM »

Offline Dog_Lover106

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 12
Slow ,cold,  winter night, not much goin on in the sports world. Just a heads up if anyone wants to catch a possible future Celtic playing tonight.

Last game Smart fouled out of the game and had a huge explosion, kicking chairs and walking to the locker room with 4 mins left in the game. He has also been struggling shooting 9 for his last 32 FG's.

I really like Smarts motor and passion, so it will be interesting how he come back from that blow up last game.

Also want to catch Hood for Duke, he seems like he could be an Aflalo type SG.
Also, below the hype meter are Lamar Patterson for Pitt. Cameron Clark for OU, Markel Brown and LeBryan Nash for Okla St.

Parker has shot 35% from the field his last 8 games against no ranked teams.

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2014, 07:39:49 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
Parker has 14 pts with 3 mins left in the 1st :o

This kid has all the moves and shots

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2014, 08:01:17 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
If we can't get in the top three, smart is the player I want.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2014, 08:24:55 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
Wow , Hood is a good- great shooter

shooting 51%FG, 45% 3PT, 85%FT

I really like his offense , [dang]

He is captain of the team too, leadership qualities .

Can we get both Danny? Please ? ;D

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2014, 03:06:19 AM »

Offline staticcc

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
Smart is hot-headed. Kicked a chair one time and today he shoved a fan. Fan probably deserved it but he still shouldn't have done that. Shows he has a problem controlling his temper.
"The bigger the lie, the more they believe." - Bunk

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2014, 05:53:30 AM »

Offline paidthecost2betheboss

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 40
Smart is hot-headed. Kicked a chair one time and today he shoved a fan. Fan probably deserved it but he still shouldn't have done that. Shows he has a problem controlling his temper.

You been to games? I'm an Eagles fan and visited the vet so maybe I got thick skin but shoving a guy who looks to be his grandad's age ???

This is what we call a Red flag. GM's around the league just revised their draft board. His loss is their gain. He gets less and they pay less because of his draft position. Did Cousins ever shove a fan in College or Artest or Vince Carter? Serious question.

He had to be pulled off the floor. He was not having a manic episode because he just kept going on and on and on on ESPN.

He just had a Meltdown.

Pass. Close game. They lost. He was clearly more upset with his situation...that he caused btw.

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2014, 08:34:47 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

You been to games? I'm an Eagles fan and visited the vet so maybe I got thick skin but shoving a guy who looks to be his grandad's age ???

This is what we call a Red flag. GM's around the league just revised their draft board. His loss is their gain. He gets less and they pay less because of his draft position. Did Cousins ever shove a fan in College or Artest or Vince Carter? Serious question.

He had to be pulled off the floor. He was not having a manic episode because he just kept going on and on and on on ESPN.

He just had a Meltdown.

Pass. Close game. They lost. He was clearly more upset with his situation...that he caused btw.

he certainly did, at a crucial moment in the game no less.

what was as worrisome was him yelling and pointing at the ref after the push on the fan. this is simply ugly and OSU and the conference should come down on smart for being....well, not so smart.  ;)

this may be an isolated moment in an otherwise stellar lifestyle. but i am quite sure a herd of nba execs and scouts are now asking questions and reviewing film to check out smart's ability to control his temper.

i expect the conference to suspend him for a number of games, the only question is how many.

compounding this may be be coach's ability to control his team. another player, stevie clark, was dismissed from the team earlier in the month. here is some background...

"Clark was arrested Sunday and charged with "outraging public decency," his third disciplinary issue in the past few months. He was also charged with marijuana possession on Jan. 1, and had been suspended four games earlier this season for personal reasons."

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/24428513/stevie-clark-dismissed-from-oklahoma-state
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2014, 10:02:02 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

He just had a Meltdown.

what was as worrisome was him yelling and pointing at the ref after the push on the fan. this is simply ugly and OSU and the conference should come down on smart for being....well, not so smart.  ;)

this may be an isolated moment in an otherwise stellar lifestyle. but i am quite sure a herd of nba execs and scouts are now asking questions and reviewing film to check out smart's ability to control his temper.

i expect the conference to suspend him for a number of games, the only question is how many.

compounding this may be be coach's ability to control his team. another player, stevie clark, was dismissed from the team earlier in the month. here is some background...

"Clark was arrested Sunday and charged with "outraging public decency," his third disciplinary issue in the past few months. He was also charged with marijuana possession on Jan. 1, and had been suspended four games earlier this season for personal reasons."

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/24428513/stevie-clark-dismissed-from-oklahoma-state

I might be crazy, but after yesterday's incident, I kind of want Smart more. From the other locked thread, someone said the same.

Smart has a temper problem and it is very clear. However, this guy is a competitor, and I want a competitor on my team.

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2014, 10:10:51 AM »

Offline paidthecost2betheboss

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 40

He just had a Meltdown.

I might be crazy, but after yesterday's incident, I kind of want Smart more. From the other locked thread, someone said the same.

Smart has a temper problem and it is very clear. However, this guy is a competitor, and I want a competitor on my team.

Me too and I defended Rondo when he was foolish but this was a big game on National T.V. with his livelyhood on the line. Could be a Celtics Playoff game 7. I think you can hold it together or you cannot.

He seems to not. All reasons aside...it could be the same one... and the NBA unless it changes it's rules won't allow a player to make physical contact with a fan and not be heavily penalized and we lose a series and a star for a chuck of the next season.

Sounds extremely hypothetical but he just snapped under the bright lights. NBA lights burn bright and hot.

Never gonna control all the fans and if a fan thinks that trigger will set off Smarts bomb he's gonna throw it and the hardcore fans will cheer him and then try and get his revoked seats ;D

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2014, 11:03:35 AM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251

I see he'd fit real well with Rondo

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2014, 11:19:07 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

He just had a Meltdown.

Agree with you here.

The kid is well, a kid. And kids make these kind of mistakes, and could be and should be fixed as he turns pro.

But it shows a fire inside that not a lot of kids have. Marcus Smart is a gamble I'd be willing and would be very happy to take.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace