Poll

Which player do you choose?

Andrew Wiggins
53 (69.7%)
Jabrari Parker
23 (30.3%)

Total Members Voted: 74

Author Topic: Who do you pick...Andrew Wiggins or Jabrari Parker?  (Read 33994 times)

Re: Who do you pick...Andrew Wiggins or Jabrari Parker?
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2013, 08:18:20 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
He could be a great kid but Wiggins just seems like another of these super athletic dudes with not a whole lot of old school game. Te type who ESPN salivates over.

Ill take the skilled throwback in Parker. He also has a lot of size as he is almost 6'10".

Regardless, I prefer the sleeper kids like Sully and Avery.

I agree, Wiggins has potential, but so does Fab Melo.
I see Parker becoming an almost instant superstar. Like a mould of kyrie Irving and Paul Pierce...silky, smooth & with a shooting ability that's already at an NBA level like Carmelo Anthony was at the same age.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2013, 09:39:22 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Wiggins the Canadian Jordan

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2013, 11:51:20 AM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
wiggins

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2013, 07:20:45 AM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
He could be a great kid but Wiggins just seems like another of these super athletic dudes with not a whole lot of old school game. Te type who ESPN salivates over.

Ill take the skilled throwback in Parker. He also has a lot of size as he is almost 6'10".

Regardless, I prefer the sleeper kids like Sully and Avery.

LOL.  Sully and Avery?  Nice role players, but it is superstars that win you championships.  The Heat/Lakers/Spurs have won pretty much 95% of the past 15 NBA championships between them.  They are led by Lebron, Kobe, and Duncan respectively.

If the Celtics can land Wiggins in 2014 they become instant contenders to the NBA throne.

« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2013, 07:26:23 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I don't know. That's why I'm not a GM.

But there's a lot of real impressive comparisons going on in this thread.

If Wiggins can really be the next T-Mac, I mean, you have to bite on that. In his prime, all twenty five seconds of it unhampered by injury, Tracy McGrady could've been the best basketball player ever.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2013, 07:53:30 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
Definitely gotta go with wiggins.
- LilRip

« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2013, 08:05:42 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
It'll be interesting to see if Wiggins can improve his jumpshot at Kansas.
Jabari's shooting is what puts him over the edge for me still. I mean Wiggins potential is that of a top 10 all time player in the Kobe/Jordan form.
I feel like Jabari is already closer to a Pierce/Carmelo level player and that's already on that path because of his jumpshot mechanics and ability to score and create.
He'll turn that flubber into muscle in the NBA or at least drop some pounds and be even more athletic.

I'm still going with Jabari but it's close- Wiggins has such an amazing amount of potential.
I need to see them play against some tougher competition in college to get a better idea. If Wiggins can get his shooting from 15 ft and 3 pt range up to Jabari's level then it's a no brainer.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2013, 02:07:37 AM »

Offline JulianDLT

• Maine Celtic
  • Tommy Points: 0
Andrew Wiggins. He has off the chart athleticism. Parker reminds me of Shabazz Muhammad. His athleticism is overrated and doesn't have the skills to be an elite defender. Wiggins has the chance to do it all.

A kid to keep on eye on is Zach Lavine out out of Washington, going to UCLA for college.
6'4 with a great looking stroke and elite athleticism. May be the one of the more underrated recruits in the 2013 class. He just needs to refine his game a little he makes some poor decisions. Kid is going to be a star though.

« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2013, 02:14:37 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Andrew Wiggins. He has off the chart athleticism. Parker reminds me of Shabazz Muhammad. His athleticism is overrated and doesn't have the skills to be an elite defender. Wiggins has the chance to do it all.

A kid to keep on eye on is Zach Lavine out out of Washington, going to UCLA for college.
6'4 with a great looking stroke and elite athleticism. May be the one of the more underrated recruits in the 2013 class. He just needs to refine his game a little he makes some poor decisions. Kid is going to be a star though.

Parker I don't think should be compared to Bazz. His ceiling is a lot more like a you g Grant Hill, with the same impeccable mental makeup.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2013, 02:15:46 AM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
I think Parker has "Bust" written all over him.

I like the McGrady comparison for Wiggins. That was also my first impression.
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2013, 02:23:24 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

I take Aaron Gordon ,Randle ,Smart over him .

« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2013, 02:32:42 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
neither.

I'm picking Julius Randle.

Size, skill, strength, power and finesse all in one basketball player.

Rarely you can see a player with so much powe and moves very   gracefully from the court.

He's the next best big guy. Heck, I think he can actually play the 3.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2013, 02:38:34 AM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545

I take Aaron Gordon ,Randle ,Smart over him .

I wouldnŽt pick a PG that high if I can avoid it, and in this draft, you probably can.

Gordon is somewhere in the Blake Griffin ballpark. It may be unfair, but I think heŽs an injury waiting to happen.

Randle looks like the clear #2, at this point, and IŽd be happy if we end up with him.
That said, he appears to have rather short arms. One knee injury, and youŽre stuck with a big man with short arms.
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2013, 02:49:19 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
If you've got a couple hours to kill, the entire Nike Hoops Summit is on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtrJ3kWJVz0

Much more informative than the various highlight reels. Schroeder is really impressive, as is Randle--though I don't know that he'll be able to bully players at the same level in the NBA.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2013, 03:34:10 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald

I like the McGrady comparison forWiggins. That was also my first impression.

I disagree. Wiggins has potential higher than anyone but Parkers game is the most complete already. He can shoot,  get to the hole and pass like a point guard. In fact I'd say his ceiling is more of a Paul Pierce or Carmelo. 

He's got NBA sf size but doesn't use it to push around the smaller college kids like Randle or Wiggins; he's smooth and crafty and has incredible agility and instincts.

To me he's the safest pick because of his handle and NBA shooting ability.  Finding a guy that can play point guard, rebound and shoot at 6 foot 8 is a very safe future all star pick.

Have a look at the way pierce and melo played in high school and college.
Playing at Duke may not be the best move for an isolation pierce style game so hopefully he may drop one or two picks to us at 4 or 5 :)