Author Topic: Doc: "We have to find the right combo or some people have to go"  (Read 30299 times)

Re: Doc: "We have to find the right combo or some people have to go"
« Reply #105 on: January 21, 2013, 11:44:52 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Doc I thought you would never ask.  Here is the right combo!!!

1.Rondo/Bradley/Lee
2.Pierce/Bradley/Green
3.Green/Pierce/Barbosa
4.Sullinger/Willcox/Bass/Green
5.Garnett/Collins/Wilcox/Bass

Your Welcome!!!

How is Green not playing PG and C as well?

He's our 1st sf, our 3rd sg and 4th pf. That leaves room for 2nd pg and 5th center on the list above. All Jeff Green, all the time.

Wow, you're so wrong I doubt you could find the right angle in a square. The proper depth chart should read:

PG SULLY/Bradley
SG SULLY/Bradley
SF SULLY
PF SULLLLY
C SULLLLLLLINGERRRR!!!!!/Melo

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #106 on: January 21, 2013, 11:49:50 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

1.Rondo/Bradley/Lee
2.Pierce/Bradley/Green
3.Green/Pierce/Barbosa

Your Welcome!!!

He's our 1st sf, our 3rd sg and 4th pf. That leaves room for 2nd pg and 5th center on the list above. All Jeff Green, all the time.

Wow, you're so wrong I doubt you could find the right angle in a square. The proper depth chart should read:

PG SULLY/Bradley
SG SULLY/Bradley
SF SULLY
PF SULLLLY

You're apparently new to coaching. You have Sully, all by himself, playing all 5 positions at the same time. I, on the other hand, have 5 lineups, each featuring Green in a different spot.

I'm fairly certain at least 3 of those 5 lineups could beat Sully playing 1v5, although they might lose the battle of the boards.

« Reply #107 on: January 21, 2013, 11:53:23 PM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • We may as well put Tyrion in at center.

1.Rondo/Bradley/Lee
2.Pierce/Bradley/Green
3.Green/Pierce/Barbosa

Your Welcome!!!

Player/coach? 

Russel did it.

Don't forget general manager.
I like Marcus Smart

« Reply #108 on: January 21, 2013, 11:53:58 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

1.Rondo/Bradley/Lee
2.Pierce/Bradley/Green
3.Green/Pierce/Barbosa

Your Welcome!!!

Player/coach? 

Russel did it.

Didn't work so well for Jordan.

« Reply #109 on: January 21, 2013, 11:55:27 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544

1.Rondo/Bradley/Lee
2.Pierce/Bradley/Green
3.Green/Pierce/Barbosa

Your Welcome!!!

How about

Rondo/Avery
Green/Lee
Pierce/Green
Sully/Bass
KG/Collins

« Reply #110 on: January 21, 2013, 11:59:07 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

1.Rondo/Bradley/Lee
2.Pierce/Bradley/Green
3.Green/Pierce/Barbosa

Your Welcome!!!

PG SULLY/Bradley
SG SULLY/Bradley
SF SULLY
PF SULLLLY

You're apparently new to coaching. You have Sully, all by himself, playing all 5 positions at the same time. I, on the other hand, have 5 lineups, each featuring Green in a different spot.

I'm fairly certain at least 3 of those 5 lineups could beat Sully playing 1v5, although they might lose the battle of the boards.

Oh Tim, sweet Tim, your naïveté is adorable. Jared Sullinger can play as many positions simultaneously as he wants. It's a little thing called heart.

Sullinger is everywhere. On the crest of a rainbow on a spring morning, Sully is there. In the mellow copper tones of a fall sunset, Sullly is there. In a perfect s'more, in that first rush of exhilaration and joy while a young boy first flies down a snow covered hill on a bright orange plastic saucer, Sully is there.

He can play wherever, whenever, and however he darn well pleases.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #111 on: January 22, 2013, 12:12:14 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

1.Rondo/Bradley/Lee
2.Pierce/Bradley/Green
3.Green/Pierce/Barbosa

Your Welcome!!!

PG SULLY/Bradley
SG SULLY/Bradley
SF SULLY
PF SULLLLY

Oh Tim, sweet Tim, your naïveté is adorable. Jared Sullinger can play as many positions simultaneously as he wants. It's a little thing called heart.

Sullinger is everywhere. On the crest of a rainbow on a spring morning, Sully is there. In the mellow copper tones of a fall sunset, Sullly is there. In a perfect s'more, in that first rush of exhilaration and joy while a young boy first flies down a snow covered hill on a bright orange plastic saucer, Sully is there.

Sounds like he's firmly cemented his position as the second best point guard in the league. No worries, though, I'm sure he'll improve before the season ends.

« Reply #112 on: January 22, 2013, 01:18:58 AM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99

1.Rondo/Bradley/Lee
2.Pierce/Bradley/Green
3.Green/Pierce/Barbosa

Your Welcome!!!

PG SULLY/Bradley
SG SULLY/Bradley
SF SULLY
PF SULLLLY

Sounds like he's firmly cemented his position as the second best point guard in the league. No worries, though, I'm sure he'll improve before the season ends.

Sully also is the defensive coordinator and video coordinator when he is done playing.
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

« Reply #113 on: January 22, 2013, 02:36:34 AM »

Offline jyyzzoel

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 47
i think everyone is looking at this the wrong way.  it should really be, "who can we say doc is happy with?"

he's happy with sullinger as he said recently that "he's going no where. the kids a warrior" or something like that, KG, rondo, and paul. he's happy with wilcox, who has done nothing but be a champ when he's healthy. 

putting the whole thing into context, it's really about the newish guys. doc can't be that mad at jason collins - we all knew what we were getting there. he cant be that mad at barbosa, who came here waaaayy cheap and has done nothing but get buckets when he plays.

doc's gone on the record about jeff greens lack of performance, comparing it to getting a tie for christmas.  a few games a go he went with sully over bass in the final minutes against chicago, which clearly showed that bass is on the way out.

i dont think doc can be mad at avery since everyone knows he has heart, and just came back. he aint mad at fab because hes in the d-league.

i remember that doc said at the beginning of the year doc said something along the lines of "the only people who know what celtics ball is are terry, KG, paul, and rondo.

i think clearly, the least we can say, is he's not happy with:

BASS
GREEN
LEE

thats close to 19 and a half million dollars in salary. what can we get realistically with that?

« Reply #114 on: January 22, 2013, 03:10:12 AM »

Offline bdsulliv

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 10
Bring back Delonte. He brought it every night and shoots a great percentage compared to Lee/Terry. I don't care if he's crazy in the locker room. Sounds like that's exactly what they need - heart & a little bit of edge. When they traded Perk (and to a lesser extent, traded or lost Tony Allen/Nate Robinson/Eddie House) they lost the garbage pail energy guys and brought in guys that are talented on paper but lack the motor. Never in a million years would Delonte, Tony Allen, etc., give up in a game the way we see this team do repeatedly.

The other problem with the team as is, is that they should have built this team around Rondo and gone into fast break mode. In addition to giving Tommy what he's always wanted, it would maximize Jeff Green, AB's and Rondo's ability. Sully is perfect for that system, so is KG as a trailing big man that can hit the pull up jumper and protect the paint on turnovers. They should put Pierce on the 5 minute KG minute plan, and when the fourth quarter turns into a grind it out, slugfest, he will still have legs. You can see that his shot is really flat lately. Either he is hurt or old, and in both cases less minutes are a good thing.

« Reply #115 on: January 22, 2013, 08:48:53 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
i think everyone is looking at this the wrong way.  it should really be, "who can we say doc is happy with?"

he's happy with sullinger as he said recently that "he's going no where. the kids a warrior" or something like that, KG, rondo, and paul. he's happy with wilcox, who has done nothing but be a champ when he's healthy. 

putting the whole thing into context, it's really about the newish guys. doc can't be that mad at jason collins - we all knew what we were getting there. he cant be that mad at barbosa, who came here waaaayy cheap and has done nothing but get buckets when he plays.

doc's gone on the record about jeff greens lack of performance, comparing it to getting a tie for christmas.  a few games a go he went with sully over bass in the final minutes against chicago, which clearly showed that bass is on the way out.

i dont think doc can be mad at avery since everyone knows he has heart, and just came back. he aint mad at fab because hes in the d-league.

i remember that doc said at the beginning of the year doc said something along the lines of "the only people who know what celtics ball is are terry, KG, paul, and rondo.

BASS
GREEN
LEE

thats close to 19 and a half million dollars in salary. what can we get realistically with that?

Maybe he isnt happy with Lee in the locker room? But I would see no reason as to why he wouldnt be happy with Lee. He is almost as good of an on ball defender as Bradley...Almost... And he has better offense. When he has been on the floor he has played well, hard, with effort, and fairly consistent.

« Reply #116 on: January 22, 2013, 10:01:15 AM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
I can´t believe people are still talking about lateral moves.

There is nothing we could get for a package of Bass + Green that would make us contenders.

Too bad we didn´t blow it up last year, huh?
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #117 on: January 22, 2013, 10:08:03 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315

BASS
GREEN
LEE

Doc compared Green's play to getting a tie for Christmas?  Ha ha--I missed that one!

« Reply #118 on: January 22, 2013, 10:13:27 AM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471

BASS
GREEN
LEE

Well, Terry has largely sucked, Rondo has had more than a few "bad Rondo" nights, Pierce has had plenty of terrible offensive nights and KG, while he's still trying, clearly can't do what he used to do.  If those are the guy's Doc has faith in, I'm not surprised the rest of the team isn't happy to get with the program.

Bass has been awful, there's no denying that.  People need to stop blaming Green and Lee, however.  Both have improved a great deal since the start of the year and even then, I don't think you could blame them for the team's struggles.

Doc needs to stop worrying about what "celtics ball" is supposed to be and start dealing with the team as it is.

Mike

« Reply #119 on: January 22, 2013, 10:25:39 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315

1.Rondo/Bradley/Lee
2.Pierce/Bradley/Green
3.Green/Pierce/Barbosa

Your Welcome!!!

Player/coach? 

Russel did it.

Hey, with Green's contract he might as well step in as co-owner.  Then he can fire Danny for having given him such a contract.