Author Topic: My 1st rd pick for the Celtics  (Read 1904 times)

My 1st rd pick for the Celtics
« on: June 18, 2018, 11:57:43 AM »

Offline timriffic

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 12
Billy Preston , could be the steal of this draft after the lotto picks

Re: My 1st rd pick for the Celtics
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2018, 12:09:24 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I have no idea what to think of him after not seeing him in action in college
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2018, 12:23:07 PM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason
Whoever we pick needs to be able to shoot 3s and defend. If not, he won't see playing time. So we need to pick the person who is best at those two combined. No home runs. Just a safe guy who can be a rotational player for 4 years. Probably Grayson Allen?

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2018, 12:29:17 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Whoever we pick needs to be able to shoot 3s and defend. If not, he won't see playing time. So we need to pick the person who is best at those two combined. No home runs. Just a safe guy who can be a rotational player for 4 years. Probably Grayson Allen?
I'd take Allen, or Jevon Carter. Dude is a defensive animal, can guard 1's and 2's at an absolutely elite level, and has been a .391% shooter from three over his last two years at WVU, with 5+ attempts per game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWnoTIIhxA8
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2018, 01:27:55 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
I'd take Allen, or Jevon Carter. Dude is a defensive animal, can guard 1's and 2's at an absolutely elite level, and has been a .391% shooter from three over his last two years at WVU, with 5+ attempts per game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWnoTIIhxA8

Yeah, if buying a second rounder I could see Carter.  10-15 minutes per game might be enough to get Steph Curry throwing his mouthpiece...

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2018, 01:57:59 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
My order:

1. donte divincenzo
2. Moe Wagner
3. Grayson Allen
4. Khyrie Thomas

I do not want Melton, Okogie or Jacob Evans. Melton and Okogie are a poor man's Smart and I do not think Evans will translate to the next level. Preston has too much baggage and is a head case.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 02:09:05 PM by celticinorlando »

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2018, 02:14:04 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 199
HUGE red flags with this kid.  Maturity questions.  Academic issues. Crashing a car into a curb which required a a "financial investigation".  I'm not sure what that means, but it sounds bad.   He  left school before the investigation finished.  Making documentary short films about his path to basketball stardom where he talks about owning a Bentley and being like Lebron, then he gets in trouble and heads overseas.  I wouldn't go near this kid and I doubt Ainge/Stevens would either.

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2018, 02:31:44 PM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11
My order:

1. donte divincenzo
2. Moe Wagner
3. Grayson Allen
4. Khyrie Thomas

I do not want Melton, Okogie or Jacob Evans. Melton and Okogie are a poor man's Smart and I do not think Evans will translate to the next level. Preston has too much baggage and is a head case.
No E and no way he's there at 27. We can pray though, he is my favorite player in the draft in terms of projected value.
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2018, 02:47:28 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
My order:

1. donte divincenzo
2. Moe Wagner
3. Grayson Allen
4. Khyrie Thomas

this will work for me .   

Allen is guy who i think will be first available from this list on draft night .

I d say there is a better than 50% chance Danny drafts him if all the others are spoken for.

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2018, 02:48:24 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
My order:

1. donte divincenzo
2. Moe Wagner
3. Grayson Allen
4. Khyrie Thomas

this will work for me .   

Allen is guy who i think will be first available from this list on draft night .

I d say there is a better than 50% chance Danny drafts him if all the others are spoken for.
agree

Seems like a danny type of player

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2018, 02:54:06 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

You would use our 1st round pick on a player, who hit the curb, suspended first game for missing class, and practice/curfew and academically behind? Not to mention, not only did he linger on the bench, he never played, opting to go straight to Bosnia. Oh by the way, he got injured 3 games into, and instead left Bosnia to come back to the US, and then AVOIDED the draft combine.

Hard. Hard. Hard pass.

He picked a school, sure, opting for a perennial powerhouse in Kansas ... he just never played for them.

After being involved in a single-car accident before Kansas’ second game of the 2017-2018 season (he was also suspended for the season-opener for missing curfew and class), Preston became the target of an NCAA investigation surrounding the financials of his car. Preston, who was expected to start for a Jayhawks team that ultimately made the Final Four, instead lingered on the bench, awaiting the clearance to play.

It never came.

So in January, the 20-year-old Preston made a choice that months earlier would have been unthinkable: to leave Kansas without ever playing a game, and move overseas to play professionally in Bosnia. There he’d train for the NBA Draft ... only that also didn’t go according to plan.

Preston played just three games in Bosnia before injuring his shoulder and returning to the United States. He still earned an NBA combine invitation, only to not participate on the guidance of his agent. Meaning ...
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2018, 03:22:10 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Miami's Bruce Brown brought back to Boston for a second workout. That is a good sign Boston is taking you if you are there.

Kid is a good defender and might be looked upon to take over for Smart if he leaves. Brown is a pretty crappy shooter. This would be a defense first pick. Not much offense

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2018, 03:24:31 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

You would use our 1st round pick on a player, who hit the curb, suspended first game for missing class, and practice/curfew and academically behind? Not to mention, not only did he linger on the bench, he never played, opting to go straight to Bosnia. Oh by the way, he got injured 3 games into, and instead left Bosnia to come back to the US, and then AVOIDED the draft combine.

Hard. Hard. Hard pass.

He picked a school, sure, opting for a perennial powerhouse in Kansas ... he just never played for them.

After being involved in a single-car accident before Kansas’ second game of the 2017-2018 season (he was also suspended for the season-opener for missing curfew and class), Preston became the target of an NCAA investigation surrounding the financials of his car. Preston, who was expected to start for a Jayhawks team that ultimately made the Final Four, instead lingered on the bench, awaiting the clearance to play.

It never came.

So in January, the 20-year-old Preston made a choice that months earlier would have been unthinkable: to leave Kansas without ever playing a game, and move overseas to play professionally in Bosnia. There he’d train for the NBA Draft ... only that also didn’t go according to plan.

Preston played just three games in Bosnia before injuring his shoulder and returning to the United States. He still earned an NBA combine invitation, only to not participate on the guidance of his agent. Meaning ...

Yeah, I’d be fine if we bought pick 59 from Phoebix, drafted Preston, and sent him to Maine on a 2-way contract.  But guaranteed 1st round money for two years to him?  I’d rather forego the pick entirely.

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2018, 03:51:39 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
My order:

1. donte divincenzo
2. Moe Wagner
3. Grayson Allen
4. Khyrie Thomas

No E and no way he's there at 27. We can pray though, he is my favorite player in the draft in terms of projected value.

I'm right there with you.  I am so pleased that KT is at 31 on Tankathon and 35 at nbadraftroom.com

but mostly sad that everywhere else he's gone like 5-10 picks before us..   >:( :-\

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2018, 03:54:55 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Jacob Evans of Cincinnati would be my guess
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin