Author Topic: brad wanamaker to the C’s? UPDATE, finalizing deal  (Read 22963 times)

Re: Woj: Wanamaker signing with C's
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2018, 04:00:22 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Kind of a big deal as far as a guaranteed contract goes. So far next year we have 13:

Hayward
Horford
Irving
Tatum
Morris
Brown
Yabusele
Rozier
Ojeleye
Nader
Theis
Williams
Wanamaker

If you are an optimist and think we are re-signing Smart and Baynes, then that puts us at the limit with no option of picking up a vet min player. It also doesn't look promising for Bird.

I think Danny will try to dump Nader so that puts us back at 14 without Bird, but this seems to be a Smart contingent plan. Guys like Baynes and Morris certainly aren't locks for next year's team, but there is a very real roster crunch beginning to happen.

Re: brad wanamaker to the C’s? UPDATE, finalizing deal
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2018, 04:03:28 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I think Smart and Baynes return

« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2018, 04:04:44 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Kind of a big deal as far as a guaranteed contract goes. So far next year we have 13:

Hayward
Horford
Irving
Tatum
Morris
Brown
Yabusele
Rozier
Ojeleye
Nader
Theis
Williams
Wanamaker

If you are an optimist and think we are re-signing Smart and Baynes, then that puts us at the limit with no option of picking up a vet min player. It also doesn't look promising for Bird.

I think Danny will try to dump Nader so that puts us back at 14 without Bird, but this seems to be a Smart contingent plan. Guys like Baynes and Morris certainly aren't locks for next year's team, but there is a very real roster crunch beginning to happen.
Nader's days in Boston are numbered.

« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2018, 04:05:45 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Source: Brad Stevens got on the phone today with Brad Wanamaker and discussed his role in Boston. Fenerbahce's MVP loved what he heard, deciding between 1-or-2 year deal with the Celtics.

« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2018, 04:06:27 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Hayward
Horford
Irving
Tatum
Morris
Brown
Yabusele
Rozier
Ojeleye
Nader
Theis
Williams
Wanamaker

Probably his days in the NBA.

« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2018, 04:07:49 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson

Hayward
Horford
Irving
Tatum
Morris
Brown
Yabusele
Rozier
Ojeleye
Nader
Theis
Williams
Wanamaker

Probably his days in the NBA.
Possibly. Nader has some good offensive skills. It would not surprise me at all if he went to Europe and finds himself there.

« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2018, 04:10:54 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Nadar can go. Get a shooter, resign Smart and Baynes.

« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2018, 04:11:02 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Possibly. Nader has some good offensive skills. It would not surprise me at all if he went to Europe and finds himself there.

Maybe, he will find out how to play defense...that is the true knock against him.

« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2018, 04:11:50 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Expect Wanamaker to sign for the league minimum. He could get more if Boston uses pat of the Non-taxpayer MLE, but that seems unlikely. That could relegating the Celtics to re-signing Baynes using the 120% bump they can give him using his Non-Bird rights.

« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2018, 04:13:22 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
Probably means Larkin is not coming back. I liked Larkin. He had an impact when he played during the regular season.
Larkin accomplished what he wanted to here - got back on the radar of NBA teams and probably has an agreement for a deal somewhere.

« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2018, 04:16:24 PM »

Offline detour

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 22
  • Jack of some trades
Now that it's certain, even though I'm sad to see Wanamaker go I'm happy he went to Boston so I can still cheer for him. I believe he will not be a regular rotation guy in NBA unless he becomes a knockdown shooter (he is still streaky), but he can definitely contribute. On the other hand, who would have thought Theis would be this effective? Maybe CBS will unleash Wanamaker's potential.

By the way, for some fun comparison, recent Fenerbahçe exports to the NBA are: Bojan Bogdanovic, Nemanja Bjelica, Bogdan Bogdanovic, and Ekpe Udoh. Other than Udoh all have been solid contributors in their teams.

Re: brad wanamaker to the C’s?
« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2018, 04:16:55 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I think I read that he’s due to make $3.8 million overseas. So, if he comes here I’ve got to think he’s sacrificing money.

That $3.8 million is over two seasons, however.  Still likely sacrificing money in the short run, but if he can put in a decent showing for two seasons, he can probably make that income up in the future, even just on minimum-salary deals.
Just because he's in camp doesn't mean he's coming here. But it's a nice little way to pad his resume if he ends up signing in Europe.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2018, 04:17:40 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Nadar can go. Get a shooter, resign Smart and Baynes.
Nader has a partial guarantee, so my guess is he's not going anywhere.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2018, 04:18:55 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • MASTER OF PANIC
He isn’t coming here just for camp. He is coming to take Larkin’s spot as well as insurance for Smart.

« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2018, 04:22:30 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Source: Brad Stevens got on the phone today with Brad Wanamaker and discussed his role in Boston. Fenerbahce's MVP loved what he heard, deciding between 1-or-2 year deal with the Celtics.

#BradStevensEffect  8)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller