Author Topic: Life Length Question  (Read 3439 times)

Re: Life Length Question
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2017, 08:26:55 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
If a person didn't have time to achieve his/her potential then they went too early. If they founded a family, were acomplished in their career, even though they could have done more, then they had their time. It is always too brief however you take it.
If those are your goals in life, then yes.  People may have different goals, for example, some people may have a goal to enjoy the journey and appreciate the beauty of life and the beautiful blue orb on which we live as it floats through space, not necessarily to accomplish anything tangible.

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2017, 10:19:40 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
If a person didn't have time to achieve his/her potential then they went too early. If they founded a family, were acomplished in their career, even though they could have done more, then they had their time. It is always too brief however you take it.
If those are your goals in life, then yes.  People may have different goals, for example, some people may have a goal to enjoy the journey and appreciate the beauty of life and the beautiful blue orb on which we live as it floats through space, not necessarily to accomplish anything tangible.
Yes, it is hard for me to answer and to include everything. Reproducing or adopting and self fullfillment, I tried to sum it up in those two basic aspects of life. Self fullfillment would definitely include the journey and life enjoyment that you decribed.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 10:29:23 AM by Androslav »
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2017, 10:50:48 AM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
49 seems way too early to me. My Mom just died of cancer a few weeks ago at age 69, and that also seemed too early to me.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 10:58:06 AM by rocknrollforyoursoul »
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis