Author Topic: Chris Douglas-Roberts  (Read 9021 times)

Chris Douglas-Roberts
« on: May 05, 2008, 05:34:41 AM »

Offline celticnorespect

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
He could be available to us, I think this is a guy who could do some good stuff for us, quick, tall 2 guard who can take big shots, would compliment Rondo well too.

Re: Chris Douglas-Roberts
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008, 08:15:36 AM »

Offline hardlyyardley

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 149
his game reminds me of a #34 at kansas about ten years ago....you know, he played with la frenz, vaughn nad that group....that #34 had alot of the same game, but is physically stronger after ten years od weight training. 

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2008, 08:41:14 AM »

Offline kw10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 49
  • KG is da Man
I love this guy's game, as much as I want him on our team, I doubt he will still be available, I'd love to think he will be though. This guy I believe is capable of playing the 2 and the 3, great size, length, athleticism. Also I think he would be a decent NBA defender and scorer in a couple of years, I'd like to see his shot become more consistant though.
Anything is possible!!!

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2008, 09:21:52 PM »

Offline buddboy

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 1
  • KG. Beast. Warrior. Champion.
How would CDR be available? We'll probably get like the 30th pick. A bottom 5 at the most.

Douglas-Roberts will at least go top 15.

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2008, 10:10:04 PM »

Offline Newguy

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 13
This is slightly off topic, but I was recently thinking about who we have in our "farm league" that we can start to develop into a star wing player after Pierce's prime is over.  I'm not suggesting in any way that Pierce should be replaced yet, but in 2-3 years Pierce's ability will be slowly declining and the Celtics will have to "re-build."  Gerald Green was probably in that position until we all found out how incapable he was, but is it time for the Celtics to look for someone (i.e. CDR)whom they could develop as swingman after Pierce?

P.S.  I feel really old now because I remember the day Pierce got drafted and now I'm talking about his inevitable decline in a couple years. Wow, how time flashes by.

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2008, 11:53:10 PM »

Offline AHHH GiVE mE a bReaK

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 10
How would CDR be available? We'll probably get like the 30th pick. A bottom 5 at the most.

Douglas-Roberts will at least go top 15.

Yea I agree, He should be well gone by the time he gets to us.

I fell in love with Mario Chalmers during the NCAA tourni. Ice runs through his veins under pressure and has a pure quick shot from 3 land. Chalmers can play both gaurd positions and was a pretty good defender in college.

I am also a huge fan of Joe Alexander. J.A. dominated the big east last year and lead his team deep into the tourni. Joe would bring much needed SF depth and youth to our bench next season.

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2008, 10:17:28 AM »

Offline PRIDE

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 41
CDR should be gone. He is too talented to fall that far unless something crazy happens.

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2008, 10:46:07 AM »

Offline jgod213

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 300
This is slightly off topic, but I was recently thinking about who we have in our "farm league" that we can start to develop into a star wing player after Pierce's prime is over.  I'm not suggesting in any way that Pierce should be replaced yet, but in 2-3 years Pierce's ability will be slowly declining and the Celtics will have to "re-build."  Gerald Green was probably in that position until we all found out how incapable he was, but is it time for the Celtics to look for someone (i.e. CDR)whom they could develop as swingman after Pierce?

P.S.  I feel really old now because I remember the day Pierce got drafted and now I'm talking about his inevitable decline in a couple years. Wow, how time flashes by.

Haha, i actually had that same thought as i was watching the game last night.  I was considering how much time Paul has left at an elite level and then stopped and said "wow, i can still remember the day Paul's name was called by David Stern and now i'm thinking about when he'll call it quits"

I'm only 23 so i'm really just getting to the age where i'm starting to realize that the guys i pretty much grew up with will soon be hanging it up.  Crazy stuff.

DKC Utah Jazz
http://tinyurl.com/kqjb3cv

Starters:   Bledsoe-Gordon-Hayward-Patterson-Favors  | 6th-Kanter
Reserves: Warren-Hardaway-Plumlee-Larkin-Evans-Mbakwe-Huestis-Hummel-Calathes

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2008, 10:53:37 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

Haha, i actually had that same thought as i was watching the game last night.  I was considering how much time Paul has left at an elite level and then stopped and said "wow, i can still remember the day Paul's name was called by David Stern and now i'm thinking about when he'll call it quits"

I'm only 23 so i'm really just getting to the age where i'm starting to realize that the guys i pretty much grew up with will soon be hanging it up.  Crazy stuff.
Ahhh...it only gets worse!  Wait til you start calling them "kids".  I'm 39 now and I'm actually a year older than the "ancient" guys the Celts have.  Here's hoping for another Kevin Willis comeback so I can hold on for dear life for there being a guy younger than me in the league.
Yup

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2008, 11:07:55 AM »

Offline BrickJames

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 185
  • Master Mason
I like CDR, reminds me a lot of Posey, but after his free throw choke in the tourney...no thanks.
God bless and good night!