Author Topic: Where does our off-season rank?  (Read 1805 times)

Re: Where does our off-season rank?
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2022, 06:28:30 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
If it’s about “title contenders”, why are the Hawks even on the list?  They were barely above .500 last year.  Yes, they got an all-star without having to give up a whole lot, but what has Murray ever done in the league to impact winning?  Him and Young together might be exciting to watch, but I don’t see that team at all as a title contender

Aldridge looked at all teams; I haven't really analyzed all of the lottery teams that arguably improved 10 or 15 games, so I couched my rankings in terms of contenders.  Others will use playoff teams, etc.
where did he have Minnesota? Gobert seems pretty clearly to be the best player that switched teams
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Re: Where does our off-season rank?
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2022, 06:36:29 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
If it’s about “title contenders”, why are the Hawks even on the list?  They were barely above .500 last year.  Yes, they got an all-star without having to give up a whole lot, but what has Murray ever done in the league to impact winning?  Him and Young together might be exciting to watch, but I don’t see that team at all as a title contender

Aldridge looked at all teams; I haven't really analyzed all of the lottery teams that arguably improved 10 or 15 games, so I couched my rankings in terms of contenders.  Others will use playoff teams, etc.
where did he have Minnesota? Gobert seems pretty clearly to be the best player that switched teams
Forgot about that deal. The price was steep. Minny gave up the 5th, 6th and 7th men in their rotation. 3 25+MPG guys is a big loss, especially with the apparent leadership Beverley provides (in their words, not mine!).
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)