Author Topic: time for Dooling to come back?  (Read 741 times)

time for Dooling to come back?
« on: February 12, 2013, 06:06:12 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
He almost came back after the Rondo injury. I think he makes the most sense as the Barbosa replacement at this point. There is really no one on the market that would do a better job that we can afford. What do you guys think?

Re: time for Dooling to come back?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 06:07:47 PM »

Offline KG_ended_Bias

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 51
No don't want anyone who's mind wasn't into basketball. I don't want a charity, I want a ballplayer.

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 06:09:05 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
No don't want anyone who's mind wasn't into basketball. I don't want a charity, I want a ballplayer.

His mind is very much into basketball, he's still with the team in an official role advising players in the lockeroom. He just needed a break. He knows the players and the playbook, and he plays hard.

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 06:11:17 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
Possibly... but we need help now and theres no way hes in basketball shape, even if he has been with the team for the last few months

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 06:17:22 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I would be happy with Dooling. Nice insurance.

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2013, 06:22:52 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

Don't want a player who's mind isn't into basketball? The guy was sexually molested multiple times growing up , and finally broke down in his 30's after years of repressing the events.

God forbid someone tries to get their mental health straight and recover from such dramatic events .

I can't even begin to tell you how ignorant and childish you sound...

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2013, 06:25:03 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

Don't want a player who's mind isn't into basketball? The guy was sexually molested multiple times growing up , and finally broke down in his 30's after years of repressing the events.

God forbid someone tries to get their mental health straight and recover from such dramatic events .

I can't even begin to tell you how ignorant and childish you sound...

Well said. It would also be anything but a charity case. We would be lucky to have Dooling come back, he would have been the preferred option if he didn't retire, and is better than any other available backup PG.